G&G M14, worth it?

Tiercel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I fancy an M14 again, one of my fav guns of all time. Had a Cyma M14 SOCOM as one of my first guns and if was pretty decent. Had a TM full length that I got 2nd hand but was shagged out so sold it on. Now the bug to buy one again is itching.

My dilemma is do I get the cyma or the G&G, as this looks gorgeous https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2096

So questions for anyone who has one, is it worth double the price of the cyma?  How is the out of box performance? The real wooden stock tbh is doing it for me so hard. And what makes the G&G the "advanced" model, I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere. Also how does it compare in terms of ease to dissasemble/work on, same as any other M14? I stil have night terrors over the thought of taking my old cyma one apart. And I see the mags are slightly different shapes than the Cyma/TM clone ones, better/worse? Or simply no difference just a different shape.

I run a G&G M14 SOCOM myself. Same gun internally, just a different shell. You're looking better internals from stock, more reliable and hard wearing, and a generally better build quality over all.

The G&G will NOT take other magazines apart from specific G&G mags for it, as the gear box protrudes slightly into the mag well; hence the cut out at the back of the mags compared to normal M14 mags.
The Hi-Cap mags are... questionable. I've never had one that didn't de-wind itself or have other feeding/pressure issues unless I wound it while IN the gun itself. The Mid caps are far better and I highly advise running those in the G&G model over the hicaps. They also have feed runners, so EVERY round gets fed into the gun.

• Supporters

I'd say probably not, I owned a full length tm for a few years, massively regretted selling it, got a cyma m14 socom a while back & its awesome for its price, dare I say it a very close second to the tm, so based on that I can't see the g&g justifying the much higher cost, plus the mag compatibility issue could send the final figure much higher if you need a reasonable number of mags.

one (of me) for the bank 😏

IMG_4450.JPG

Full auto and hicaps are for people who can't aim 😛a handful of midcaps is all I need, though the G&G ones do seem permanently out of stock. 

It's the all wood furniture that's really selling it for me... But not sure if it's selling it £200 extra :P 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tiercel said:

Full auto and hicaps are for people who can't aim 😛a handful of midcaps is all I need, though the G&G ones do seem permanently out of stock. 

It's the all wood furniture that's really selling it for me... But not sure if it's selling it £200 extra :P 

I generally don't use full auto on ANY of my guns, & it would be heresy to use anything other than single shot on an m14, it's a gun that screams for sniper/dmr style play.

£200 extra ?, f#ck that, that'd buy yet another gun lol 😏

the CYMA can be had for £100. i've owned a couple and they have had the best out the box range of any gun i have owned. get a cyma and you have enough money left over to another gun

• Supporters

Have frequently fallen in and out of love with the real wood G&G m14 my self but for me it’s always the mags that persuade me it’s a no .

I also am a single shot preferred type player BUT I do always carry 1 ‘just in case’ Hail Mary hi-cap with me and I don’t like the fact your tied to the propriety mags as there’s no after service mags for it . 

*hijacks thread somewhat*

I have a tm m14.  The selector switch fell off, i guess the grub screw came loose.  Do you guys think the cyma/g&g ones would fit.  Its litterally just the butterfly screw like bit at the end thats missing leaving a d shape bar where it was attached

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, kasaran said:

*hijacks thread somewhat*

I have a tm m14.  The selector switch fell off, i guess the grub screw came loose.  Do you guys think the cyma/g&g ones would fit.  Its litterally just the butterfly screw like bit at the end thats missing leaving a d shape bar where it was attached

Would think the Cyma would be the one to go for as it’s a one to one copy of the TM .👍

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Would think the Cyma would be the one to go for as it’s a one to one copy of the TM .👍

I hope so, its conviently cheaper and actually in stock i have found.  Though the image looks like its more than just the banana shaped bit.  

Screenshot_20190703-171746.png

8 hours ago, kasaran said:

I hope so, its conviently cheaper and actually in stock i have found.  Though the image looks like its more than just the banana shaped bit.  

Screenshot_20190703-171746.png

it may require some fettling CYMA tolerances aren't as good as TM  but should fit.

I have a Cyma m14 socom, it's the only non Russian Aeg I own. 

I have mid caps, hicaps they all feed with no problems.

whilst it is a long job to service the gear box and hop unit, (even compared to an pp-19)

the only thing I changed in the gearbox was the cylinder head and nozzle now the fps is really consistent 

would agree with big stew, the range on these things is great due to the quality hop unit and indexed clicks on the hop adjustment wheel make sure the settings stay put.

couldnt justify the money on a G&G proprietary mags and £200 difference? Would rather buy a CYMA a new cylinder head and nozzle, gate pico mostfet and a massive 3300mah 7.4 lipo (to take advantage of the space in the stock) then spare mags and some pouches and you might even get the scope bracket and a cheap red dot (Don't  bother though the iron sights are ideal) for the same price as the G&G and you are good to go. with a flat hop I doubt you will be out ranged by very many other sub 350 fps guns as these are really good  bits of kit.

if you just WANT a G&G full length and no matter what you buy you keep googling them just buy it.

you are just putting off the inevitable by dithering (speaking from experience!!!).

So I caved and went with the Cyma because its simply so cheap I couldnt say no really. 

My god its good. The first several shots seemed to be pretty woeful, BBs dropping at 20-ish meters with the hop doing nothing, I assumed the hop was broken or something, thats ok I thought - its a project, and I wasnt expecting magic from a stock clone gun. Then after a mag or so the hop started to kick in properly and the range on it is phenomenal for an out of the box Chinese gun. My regular gun testing range has a target at 50m which I consider to be the benchmark of a semi decent gun being able to reliably hit that, it's sailing way beyond that with .28s. No way to accurately measure but eyeballing it guesstimation its a good 60-70 or further meters at 320fps. Nice that it seems Cyma have downgraded their guns to EU friendly levels rather than the old 400+fps you used to get with their AKs etc. I've started stockpiling upgrage parts, but with it performing so well out of the box Im reluctant to fiddle with it. Will probably go down the route of stockpiling a full upgrade and then when it eventually breaks do it all in one go. In the meantime might send it to someone to get a mosfet fitted as I dont really know what Im doing with them or trust myself to do a good job of it. 

Archived