How to avoid burns from full auto on WE G18c?

NRG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've noticed that 2 or 3 people have reported getting really bad frost bite/ burns from using full auto on this gun. 

I bought this to use as a prop for a film but now I think I should return it because I can't put the people taking part at this risk. 

But I did get it for the full auto, so I wanted to know if there are any precautions I can take to ensure this doesn't happen? Would latex freezer gloves that would protect against it? 

It would also help if you could please tell me or give me resources for what basic safety checks I have to do before I use this because I've never played airsoft or owned one and this video has scared me, I naively thought it would be very risk free to use as an unloaded prop. 

I'm thinking about returning it to get the semi automatic version because it doesn't burn your hand like this. 

Thanks!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
51 minutes ago, NRG said:

I'm thinking about returning it to get the semi automatic version because it doesn't burn your hand like this. 

What about just putting the fire selector to semi?

Co2 doesn't spray nearly as much. But, you will need to upgrade the internals to handle that, which I don't think you'd be willing to spend.

Don't fire auto when the mag or gun is freezing cold. That should solve your problem. Dude in the video is a complete tard for firing it non stop and pointing downwards too where the gas dissipates the most.

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just when you think the internet can't surprise you and you must have already seen the mother of all stupid fucking questions 

acb993994b19a0c2e0c55e8f4d062720.jpg.88e9e69219c3a6185d38d4f73e2854e1.jpg

There are no stupid questions 

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll test it with gloves and make sure it's safe. 

As I'm not the one using it I need to make sure there's no chance of injury or I could get sued, so I wanted to check with people who know more than me. The film is a shooter so this prop was very important, but I knew very little about air-soft until researching for the film. I did try research as much as possible but only a couple of people reported this issue in their reviews and I only found them after I had bought it. Anyway I'll just use semi if it's a problem. 

Thanks again, sorry if this was 'the mother of all stupid questions' haha

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

8f31d8cedc89da4f217bd022d8e8955ce44c0f896ebc55.jpg.02485e61afeea22caa8a576f63d22f79.jpg

Ironically that's a stupid meme because if there are stupid people then their questions are also stupid. Just saying. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, NRG said:

Ironically that's a stupid meme because if there are stupid people then their questions are also stupid. Just saying. 

Or would it just be a "pointless" question asked by someone too stupid to spot the obvious answer? 😜

11 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Or would it just be a "pointless" question asked by someone too stupid to spot the obvious answer? 😜

What's the obvious answer to my question then? Of course I thought of gloves first if that's what you're talking about but I need to check they work with people with experience, some reviews say you can still get burns with gloves on and I have no experience in airsoft, it's not about how stupid or smart I am, I don't have the information to make an informed decision, a stupid person would not check for safety before using an airsoft gun. 

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, NRG said:

What's the obvious answer to my question then? Of course I thought of gloves first if that's what you're talking about but I need to check they work with people with experience, some reviews say you can still get burns with gloves on and I have no experience in airsoft, it's not about how stupid or smart I am, I don't have the information to make an informed decision, a stupid person would not check for safety before using an airsoft gun. 

Jesus do I really need to explain it..

No 1: Compressed gas cold if exposed can cause frost burny. 

Solution: Wear bloody gloves.

No 2. Same problem as 1 but

Solution: Do not feed multiple mags through in rapid succession so you over expose your skin to cold burny gas.

NOT BLOODY ROCKET SCIENCE

• Supporters
5 hours ago, NRG said:

There are no stupid questions 

“If I stick a fork in a plug socket is it dangerous?”

yes there are .🤦‍♂️

Archived