Are WE sidearms worth even thinking about ?

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My WE P226 was built like a brick shithouse. Spent 6 months in a puddle in a clay quarry, still worked after a clean and a fresh hop rubber

• 2 months later...
On 01/07/2019 at 20:58, Tackle said:

Got a similar dilemma, big tm fan, love my numerous hi-capa', but I've also got a hankering for a px4, but only the sub-compact model, but typically TM only make the full length model, & WE make the one i want.

do I take a chance ?, anybody got experience of the WE sub-compact px4 ?

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Raytd said:

Thanks Ray, but it's the WE bit that's putting me off 😬

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I had a normal length WE PX4, not a very good pistol. Felt great, but not very accurate nor much range

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

I was talking to the guy I got my rifle from and he said we px4 was his favourite we gun he had used and also that he has 2 TM pistols and 6 we pistols (latest gen) the tm pistols have had tons of repairs only one of the 6 We pistols had broken in the last 2 years because basically he dropped it off a building and cracked the slide lol

On 01/07/2019 at 20:58, Tackle said:

Got a similar dilemma, big tm fan, love my numerous hi-capa', but I've also got a hankering for a px4, but only the sub-compact model, but typically TM only make the full length model, & WE make the one i want.

do I take a chance ?, anybody got experience of the WE sub-compact px4 ?

I have a WE px4 bulldog. Had it 5 years. Used a lot.

Nothing has broken or worn out. 

Snappy and shoots well. 

Would certainly recommend one. Better than the full size one. 

Any green gas pistol with a metal slide is going to be pretty naff this time of year. In warmer months most of the WE line with a double-stack mag should serve you well enough. Although like one of the posters above, my WE M9 fell apart within a handful of uses.

Though that was my experience. We seem to have a lot of Friday afternoon specials. 

Although if you want to talk about awful, the WE luger takes some beating. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

in fairness it's awful by design if not construction, although credit to them for actually bothering to cater to some of the more eclectic tastes.

not all their weirder stuff is bad though, their makarov is a hilarious little sidearm although granted like most we's it doesn't like winter.

55 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

in fairness it's awful by design if not construction, although credit to them for actually bothering to cater to some of the more eclectic tastes.

not all their weirder stuff is bad though, their makarov is a hilarious little sidearm although granted like most we's it doesn't like winter.

Don't hold me to this but I could've sworn the Luger was one of their range that they released an updated, refined version for - I could be wrong. Trying to find some proof, I could just be remembering a new variant announced etc.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Don't hold me to this but I could've sworn the Luger was one of their range that they released an updated, refined version for - I could be wrong. Trying to find some proof, I could just be remembering a new variant announced etc.

that would be good if they did, the original was cool but absolutely useless for skirmishing.

but a better hop unit (by which i mean an actual hop unit) and a bit better gas effeciency it'd be a decent gun.

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Though that was my experience. We seem to have a lot of Friday afternoon specials. 

Kwc co2 luger is much better (after replacing the nozzle to drop the fps to site legal levels... and adjusting the fixed hop to suit the lowered fps... which i have yet to do)

• 3 weeks later...

Anything but an 1911 or the Luger from the WE range and you should be good. I've had TM pistols (226, M92, 1911) and I have to say with the Maple Leaf upgrades in my Gen3 G17, the TM's pistols I've owned can't compete. Not only that, for the cost of my G17 and upgrades, I paid the same as I did for my TM 1911 and a single magazine. In answer to your question, WE pistols are definitely worth thinking about.

Archived