Are WE sidearms worth even thinking about ?

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/07/2019 at 01:19, Druid799 said:

As a perfect example of the non existent QC on most cloned guns (which me personally I think is the biggest reason there so hit or miss) , it’s well documented how bad there guns were up until recently no denying it yet I’ve still got a WE 1911 that was bought from the very first batch to come in to the uk well before the VCR bill came in to effect and was bought from airsoft world (or Airsoft Scotland as they were then) and it’s still going fine today ! 😳

Doesnt help that Im super biast against 1911s either ;)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/we-europe-m92-m9a1-marine-insignia-co2-gas-blowback-pistol?pv=854

i love the look of this I have like 1000 co2 canisters from my air guns so pls don’t shit on the co2 thing straight away but any opinions ? I feel it would be a nice gun ? 

co2 mags tend to have a short life span. The newer beretta models are ok but I'd still pic one of their non select fire glocks if I were looking for something to skirmish with.

Yeah I just hate glocks so ugly 😓 not fan of 1911 either

1 minute ago, E21A said:

9A27E0CD-32DD-4B86-8CD2-2E24F842D6A5.jpeg

You lie I raise my bolt gun and chainsword in glory for the emperor ! 

😂 m9 And hicap are my faves as they fit nicely in my hand I don’t like grips to thick it annoys me lol 

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:43, emilianoksa said:

Their Glocks are good. I have four of them (3xG17 and 1xG34) and will be acquiring a fifth when funds allow. These are a good buy, especially from China, and are TM compatible.

TM plastic pistols are still the best, but if you want a Glock with a metal slide, WE is the way to go. I would never pay through the nose for the trades on the Umarex one. I believe the OEM is VFC and so it is not Marui compatible. 

I have heard that WE SigP226 and M9A1 are no worse than the KJW versions. The mags will certainly be better.

The only green gas 1911s worth buying are the TM ones. I have no idea how the KJW co2 1911s are, but I really don't like co2 anyway.

I have a terrible desire to get one of the WE Makarovs but have heard conflicting reports on reliability. May still get one though, just for the looks. 

I've got the WE sig 226, very happy with it. I've 'Maple leafed ' it although that is by no means essential. I tend to run it on .3s although it will happily handle heavier. Only down side is gas capacity in the mag, double stack mag and one fill of gas tends to give me about 1.5 mags worth. I just take 3 mags with me so not a big deal. I also have the WE 1911 MEU  and again it's great. Maple leaf inners cos I like them, I run it as secondary when I snipe so use .36 BB's same as I use in the sniper to save arsing about with different weights and it lifts them easily. Get a good 2 mags worth out of 1 gas fill.

2 hours ago, Raytd said:

Yeah I just hate glocks so ugly 😓 not fan of 1911 either

agreed on the glock front but I like them ergonomically 

• 2 weeks later...

I have "a few" pistols, many of them WE. Being an ex RS shooter from before 97 (yes, quite old) I do like full metal. It's a pity the WE guns are largely not trademarked though. Agree on the Makarov, being a fixed barrel it is very accurate, especialy with the extender.

I have two full metal 1911s. One is a TM with a body kit, can't remember which, but not guarded. The other is an Army R27 (MEU clone). The Marui remains phenomenaly accurate.

The WE/Cybergun Desert Eagle is very nice, fully traded, impressive kick. Just needed a minor tweak to the hop to get it to work perfectly.

No one recommending the armorer works pistols? I've 10 pistols and my 2 armorer works ones are easily the best. Got the Glock 17 Hex cut out model and a nice hi capa, both are set up to handle both green gas and CO2 for when its colder and work brilliantly. Have a WE, 2 ASG glock varients and a bunch of others. But the Armorer Works are easily the best performers and worth the extra £££s

43 minutes ago, Luke85 said:

No one recommending the armoury works pistols? I've 10 pistols and my 2 armoury works ones are easily the best. Got the Glock 17 Hex cut out model and a nice hi capa, both are set up to handle both green gas and CO2 for when its colder and work brilliantly. Have a WE, 2 ASG glock varients and a bunch of others. But the Armoury Works are easily the best performers and worth the extra £££s

Armorer Works not Armoury Works. They are very good, solid guns.

Identical in workings to a WE but far better quality control, and fancier externals, so they work as well as the best Monday morning guns from WE.

Yeah, Armorer works, my bad. Was typing in a rush. 

Funny how WE pistols get slagged off,  yet some of the best selling and most expensive guns on the market eg. the SAI BLU, Hicapa Combat Master, Taran Tactical Innovations etc. appear to be produced by AW apparently via WE.

At the core they are all based off the same guns, they just come pre upgraded and with shiny extras. 

Guest Yukarin
2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Funny how WE pistols get slagged off,  yet some of the best selling and most expensive guns on the market eg. the SAI BLU, Hicapa Combat Master, Taran Tactical Innovations etc. appear to be produced by AW apparently via WE.

That would be because AW pay WE more to up their QC for their products, the WE guns have less QC than AW.

Tm> AW> WE> McDonald’s straw and some .12’s> KWA.

i like the feel of WE pistols, but in terms of accuracy and all year usability the TM outclasses it. I started with a WE G18c and now have a TM G18c. Past 10m the WE was hopeless and it didn’t like the cold at all. The TM has got me loads of 20-50m kills and it’s always snappy. 

A mate of mine has an AW hex glock and it performs fantastic. Range and accuracy are much better than the WE and so is the consistency. I assume it’s got a better hop rubber and gas sealing components. 

• Supporters
On 04/07/2019 at 00:47, EDcase said:

The slides are plastic but the lowers are mainly metal.

This is what makes them gas efficient.

Which brand are you talking here?

5 hours ago, Luke85 said:

At the core they are all based off the same guns, they just come pre upgraded and with shiny extras. 

Nope, same design, better quality control, some better components

5 minutes ago, EDcase said:

So are they full metal or full plastic?

TM pistols? All polymer barring central frame of Hi-Capa’s I believe 

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

TM pistols? All polymer barring central frame of Hi-Capa’s I believe 

Ah, gotcha.

I guess that's why they're so gas efficient.

I think they can make plastic parts more accurately than metal given the same budget.  (metal needs more finishing etc.)

To be honest I'll still buy WE rather than TM because the weighty feel is half the fun and I don't expect too much from pistols anyway. 

Archived