Are WE sidearms worth even thinking about ?

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ngl saw this gun and fell in love haha I know it’s more style than use but I am looking for a skirmish sidearm and this one is like looking at gun p**n for me

5929B87F-20EE-47C4-8909-47F95B43278B.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

They're ok, but can be spotty depending on the model.

A we makarov is going to perform far differently to a we luger.

However, despite having a bunch of we's and loving the hell out of my makarov, i will openly admit that my old tm hicapa consistently holds its performance and can be relied upon when you need it.

As for that specific pistol, if its a green gas single stack 1911 with a metal slide then i'd expect poor gas effeciency.

Tl:dr some of we's guns are cool but you want reliable performance get a tm.

I’d say there isn’t anything wrong with WE, as @Adolf Hamster says, depends upon model. If you stick to a glock, and don’t get a Friday afternoon gun, you’ll be fine.

Alternatively, spend a little more (not much) and get a TM, 

• Supporters

Got a similar dilemma, big tm fan, love my numerous hi-capa', but I've also got a hankering for a px4, but only the sub-compact model, but typically TM only make the full length model, & WE make the one i want.

do I take a chance ?, anybody got experience of the WE sub-compact px4 ?

13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

They're ok, but can be spotty depending on the model.

A we makarov is going to perform far differently to a we luger.

However, despite having a bunch of we's and loving the hell out of my makarov, i will openly admit that my old tm hicapa consistently holds its performance and can be relied upon when you need it.

As for that specific pistol, if its a green gas single stack 1911 with a metal slide then i'd expect poor gas effeciency.

Tl:dr some of we's guns are cool but you want reliable performance get a tm.

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’d say there isn’t anything wrong with WE, as @Adolf Hamster says, depends upon model. If you stick to a glock, and don’t get a Friday afternoon gun, you’ll be fine.

Alternatively, spend a little more (not much) and get a TM, 

Older WEs are rubbish and a 50/50 chance of getting a total lemon. When I first started I bought a few of WEs early offerings and they were complete shite. This includes their 1911s which were terrible. I will concede some of their newer stuff is actually rather good, their Glock series in particular are fantastic value for money and perform admirably. As for that particular gun? I personally wouldn't. But of course your mileage may vary and I've no doubt plenty of people have had superb WE 1911s that outshoot their mates TM all day every say and regularly use it as a counter sniper scoring 200m headshots

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Got a similar dilemma, big tm fan, love my numerous hi-capa', but I've also got a hankering for a px4, but only the sub-compact model, but typically TM only make the full length model, & WE make the one i want.

I had a WE PX4, the early one with rotating barrel. Fairly average tbh. Gave it away in the end.

WE 1911s were one of the 1st guns they produced and i have never seen a good one. The newer models have come on leaps and bounds( the 1911s have never been updated) but i have never seen a WE that wasn't out performed by a TM.

Glock series are good. Sure, standard v standard they won’t beat a TM performance wise. Drop in a £40 maple leaf hop/barrel set and it’s a whole different story, and who doesn’t love a bit tinkering and upgrading 😉

Their old models are... shite. Ive had a couple or so WE 1911s.. wouldnt recommend.

As anything airsoft, you (usually) cant ask about a brand in general like the title of this thread does. WE does some really good sidearms as well. Take CYMA for examle, they make some dope ass AKs but their ARs are suppose to be pretty bad. As a matter in fact most of their AK models are cloned on old gen TM and, whilst better than what they clone, pretty shite. 

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, two_zero said:

Their old models are... shite. Ive had a couple or so WE 1911s.. wouldnt recommend.

As anything airsoft, you (usually) cant ask about a brand in general like the title of this thread does. WE does some really good sidearms as well. Take CYMA for examle, they make some dope ass AKs but their ARs are suppose to be pretty bad. As a matter in fact most of their AK models are cloned on old gen TM and, whilst better than what they clone, pretty shite. 

As a perfect example of the non existent QC on most cloned guns (which me personally I think is the biggest reason there so hit or miss) , it’s well documented how bad there guns were up until recently no denying it yet I’ve still got a WE 1911 that was bought from the very first batch to come in to the uk well before the VCR bill came in to effect and was bought from airsoft world (or Airsoft Scotland as they were then) and it’s still going fine today ! 😳

Ok so if I go tm any sexy tm guns ? Ones that have been given a cool aesthetic ?

Px4’s and beretta are my fave guns followed by I think it’s the mk23 socom 

basically 

px4 bond beretta stargate mk23 splinter cell 😂

but a stylish gun would look nice on my “piss off mum” wall 😂😂😂😂😂

ive never been a huge 1911 fan to American XD unless super super pimped up I’ve had a king arms glock 18 it was a nice enough gun but tbh flocks kinda bore me to look at 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Tackle said:

The WE Bulldog as the px4 compact is called is in my top 5 worst pistols ever. Actually scratch it is just the worst ever.

10 hours ago, Raytd said:

ngl saw this gun and fell in love haha I know it’s more style than use but I am looking for a skirmish sidearm and this one is like looking at gun p**n for me

5929B87F-20EE-47C4-8909-47F95B43278B.png

You'll do just what I did buy a cool looking WE(px4 bulldog),It comes with 2 mags for £85 I mean bargain right? Wrong!!! cheap metal build, safety catch went first after only a few skirmishes then the air nozzle spring went,it would fire on releasing the slide catch and shit paint job need I go on? So buy a lovely lovely Tokyo Marui pistol (i bought 3 secondhand G17x2 and a MK23 which is my favorite) they are fantastic yes they have a plastic slide trust me you wont care when you can run it in winter on green gas and folks with heavy metal slides(dont fit them to TMs you'll spend a fortune trying to get it right) need propane(get an adapter off ebay for a tenner get some silent fill o-rings 3mm outer 1mm inner 3mm thickness) or they spent a load more money upgrading them to do what TM does out of the box. Thats my ten pennith from my experience I hope it helps 🖖

10 hours ago, Tackle said:

Please dont bother they look great but weigh a ton had nothing but issues after very little use,there is a reason why they are so cheap with 2 mags.

Please just trust me on this,keep your hard earned mate for the next glorious release from TM 🖖

7 hours ago, Raytd said:

Ok so if I go tm any sexy tm guns ? Ones that have been given a cool aesthetic ?

Px4’s and beretta are my fave guns followed by I think it’s the mk23 socom 

basically 

px4 bond beretta stargate mk23 splinter cell 😂

but a stylish gun would look nice on my “piss off mum” wall 😂😂😂😂😂

ive never been a huge 1911 fan to American XD unless super super pimped up I’ve had a king arms glock 18 it was a nice enough gun but tbh flocks kinda bore me to look at 

We do an engraved glock which would be better than the 1911

• Supporters
12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I had a WE PX4, the early one with rotating barrel. Fairly average tbh. Gave it away in the end.

5 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The WE Bulldog as the px4 compact is called is in my top 5 worst pistols ever. Actually scratch it is just the worst ever.

1 hour ago, StayOnTarget said:

You'll do just what I did buy a cool looking WE(px4 bulldog),It comes with 2 mags for £85 I mean bargain right? Wrong!!! cheap metal build, safety catch went first after only a few skirmishes then the air nozzle spring went,it would fire on releasing the slide catch and shit paint job need I go on? So buy a lovely lovely Tokyo Marui pistol (i bought 3 secondhand G17x2 and a MK23 which is my favorite) they are fantastic yes they have a plastic slide trust me you wont care when you can run it in winter on green gas and folks with heavy metal slides(dont fit them to TMs you'll spend a fortune trying to get it right) need propane(get an adapter off ebay for a tenner get some silent fill o-rings 3mm outer 1mm inner 3mm thickness) or they spent a load more money upgrading them to do what TM does out of the box. Thats my ten pennith from my experience I hope it helps 🖖

Please dont bother they look great but weigh a ton had nothing but issues after very little use,there is a reason why they are so cheap with 2 mags.

Please just trust me on this,keep your hard earned mate for the next glorious release from TM 🖖

Apparently, I no longer have a dilemma lol........cheers guys, although can't believe nobody else has tried to make px4 variants?, c'mon KJW, get yer finger out 😏

10 hours ago, two_zero said:

Anything that is labelled in in the 20s is based on the infereior TM series of AKs.  Anything in the 40s or 50s ie CYMA048A is their designation for an AKM is based off the VFC system for AKs and are excellent.

I love my TM PX4.  Had it upwards of 6 years with zero issues, mags all still gas tight.

I have a WE G23, which has been faultless.  With the ability to use most other WE glock magazines, I love it even more.

6 hours ago, Tackle said:

Apparently, I no longer have a dilemma lol........cheers guys, although can't believe nobody else has tried to make px4 variants?, c'mon KJW, get yer finger out 😏

Patrolbase sell a tm px4 but isn’t stunted one

fk me just seen my dream gun tmp90 lol is this worth the money any1?

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/1071-tokyo-mauri-p90-custom-with-magazines-silencer-and-more/

16 minutes ago, Raytd said:

Patrolbase sell a tm px4 but isn’t stunted one

fk me just seen my dream gun tmp90 lol is this worth the money any1?

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/1071-tokyo-mauri-p90-custom-with-magazines-silencer-and-more/

That's up to you. If you think it is worth it then buy it.

What’s better fully upgraded cyma w pressure rail holo and box mag for 200 or a tm ?

All my side arms are WE and I have nothing but praise for them. They get used hard and run on red gas all year round. Not one of them has let me down. Yes I've fitted some maple leaf hop goodies to them but that's as much because I enjoy teching my guns as much as using them ( that's why I am on my second aeg build from scratch this year !) but they are fine out of the box. I've got the MEU model which will be basically the same as the Drug Lord and it's great. 

Their Glocks are good. I have four of them (3xG17 and 1xG34) and will be acquiring a fifth when funds allow. These are a good buy, especially from China, and are TM compatible.

TM plastic pistols are still the best, but if you want a Glock with a metal slide, WE is the way to go. I would never pay through the nose for the trades on the Umarex one. I believe the OEM is VFC and so it is not Marui compatible. 

I have heard that WE SigP226 and M9A1 are no worse than the KJW versions. The mags will certainly be better.

The only green gas 1911s worth buying are the TM ones. I have no idea how the KJW co2 1911s are, but I really don't like co2 anyway.

I have a terrible desire to get one of the WE Makarovs but have heard conflicting reports on reliability. May still get one though, just for the looks. 

7 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Their Glocks are good. I have four of them (3xG17 and 1xG34) and will be acquiring a fifth when funds allow. These are a good buy, especially from China, and are TM compatible.

TM plastic pistols are still the best, but if you want a Glock with a metal slide, WE is the way to go. I would never pay through the nose for the trades on the Umarex one. I believe the OEM is VFC and so it is not Marui compatible. 

I have heard that WE SigP226 and M9A1 are no worse than the KJW versions. The mags will certainly be better.

The only green gas 1911s worth buying are the TM ones. I have no idea how the KJW co2 1911s are, but I really don't like co2 anyway.

I have a terrible desire to get one of the WE Makarovs but have heard conflicting reports on reliability. May still get one though, just for the looks. 

Hold on tm don’t make metal guns ?

Archived