Optics advice

Hitcalls4tw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a scope/sight with a great field of view, forgiving eye relief and at least 2x mag'.

I would  ideally like an open framed red dot, but unless I'm missing something they never have magnification. Please correct me if I am wrong! 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Hitcalls4tw said:

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a scope/sight with a great field of view, forgiving eye relief and at least 2x mag'.

I would  ideally like an open framed red dot, but unless I'm missing something they never have magnification. Please correct me if I am wrong! 

Thanks 

Open framed red dot can’t magnify, its physics isn’t it lol. 

What you want is a Sig Sauer Bravo4 Battlesight, massive field of view, 4x magnification, nice and light and a lifetime guarantee.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

What you want is a Sig Sauer Bravo4 Battlesight, massive field of view, 4x magnification, nice and light and a lifetime guarantee.

Very sage advice !!😈

40 minutes ago, Hitcalls4tw said:

I meant wide frame, rather than open frame, but thx for the help! 

Can anyone recommend an option that doesn't cost over £1000 quid? 😂 

I was being facetious, sorry. What’s you budget? 

I guess £50-£100. But I'd wait and spend more for the right kit. I'd rather spend £150 than waste £90, if you get me. 

I guess after (some) research, I want to be able to track bbs so I do want some mag, but I want something easy to see through. - poor eye relief or feeling like I'm looking through a drinking straw would kinda piss me off. 

Don't apologise, even if I didn't have a sense of humour, I would still appreciate your input! 👍

ACOG’s are popular, as are ELCAN Spectre’s.

Good place to have a browse is DHGate or Aliexpress or Wish

I just bought a HAMR replica on Aliexpress for $70, hasn’t arrived yet

I have a chinese Spectre x1-x4 with red dot ontop... Cost me £150 and is solid and works very well..but batteries don't last long in it.  I used it a lot and still quite happy with it, even with the limited eye relief.   I've moved on to Vortex Optics now, so have a couple of their optics on my guns.. Superb quality, optical clarity and of course fantastic eye relief and quite reasonably priced for real steel optics.  (Moved the repo-Spectre onto my M249.)

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Hitcalls4tw said:

Are the ACOG with red dot secondaries (Doctors?) actually practical? I guess I'm gonna have to get my hands on some and check out what works for me. 

Thanks for all the advice, guys 

Airsoft ACOG sights generally have piss poor eye relief and the Spectres weigh the same as a bus and very few actually hold a reliable zero when you change from x1 to x4 magnification. I'd echo what @jcheeseright says and get an LPVO; Visionking are good as are Vector Optics and their sub brand VictOptics (check aliexpress if you're happy to wait you can pick up a decent VO sight for under £100).

I have this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1048407153.html?storeId=204909&spm=2114.12010612.8148356.9.485f6fbd4ScCoF

and this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32922539709.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.8.74073221zDHAD8&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_5_10065_10130_10068_10547_319_317_10548_10696_10192_10190_453_10084_454_10083_10618_10307_10820_10301_10821_10303_537_536_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103%2Csearchweb201603_53%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=87a6ebe9-85b8-466d-8eb8-7ce52f09de0f-1&algo_pvid=87a6ebe9-85b8-466d-8eb8-7ce52f09de0f&transAbTest=ae803_3 which is actually a first focal plane sight and for the price is amazing!

Both come with mounts (the first is the mount you see in the picture, the second is a set of rings)

• Supporters
23 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I was being facetious, sorry. What’s you budget? 

Busted ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Recently recommended this scope on a similar question post it’s a cracking scope and you get much better quality than you’d expect for the price . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4x20-Rifle-scope-inc-mounts-Illuminated-reticle-tactical-shockproof-scope-/172669994750?var=&hash=item6dc5c2dff6

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Busted ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Recently recommended this scope on a similar question post it’s a cracking scope and you get much better quality than you’d expect for the price . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4x20-Rifle-scope-inc-mounts-Illuminated-reticle-tactical-shockproof-scope-/172669994750?var=&hash=item6dc5c2dff6

Is that honestly as good as it sounds? Seems super cheap! 

Thx for the info mate 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Hitcalls4tw said:

Is that honestly as good as it sounds? Seems super cheap! 

Thx for the info mate 

Wouldn’t have recommended it if I didn’t think so , if you stick around you’ll soon discover I’m a grumpy old git who REALLY does not care about others getting ‘offended’ by what I say and I stick to what I say , until I’m proved wrong then I will concede the point (won’t say happily , as I don’t do happy that much !) but yea I do rate it as a good scope .

There are some very good clone ACOGs out there that are crystal clear and offer as good a relief as a back alley massage parlour.

Best you go out yourself, get your hands on one and give it a real play.

And then go look for an optic.

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

There are some very good clone ACOGs out there that are crystal clear and offer as good a relief as a back alley massage parlour.

Best you go out yourself, get your hands on one and give it a real play.

And then go look for an optic.

Sounds like a perfect confessional post

Archived