A good days airsoft

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What makes a good days air-soft.

Actually had one of those rare days when you really enjoy your day, very little cheating no one bitching lots of nubes trying to play and taking their hits.

What more could you ask as an air-softer I even witnessed the biggest single kill with a grenade, thought they would never stop coming out of the building LOL.

Even the big Scotsman was not doing his normal bitching and the marshal was a gentleman.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, gasman said:

Playing airsoft against people who are playing airsoft.

Many many days like this at Level 2 Airsoft!

Brilliant gameplay, brilliant marshalls, brilliant site! 

• Supporters

Nothing too epic just honourable players and marshals doing there job properly and someone putting a bit of thought in to the games .

simple recipe but one that’ll give you an epic day . 

18 hours ago, EDcase said:

So it CAN happen :D

Was this at Absolute?

lol could be..

• Moderators

Ill tell you after Saturdays 18man hire game we have arranged....haven't played since December so im ready to go..!!!

should be fun though but i still expect some non hit taking.....luckily myself and a few others know the site, the remaining 15 dont :lol:

best game so far that sprung to mind was a game at Urban assault back in 2016 when most players had gone to an AI game, was around 25/30 of us on the entire site, lots of time to sneak around

Another time was a team green Hungry Games in August 2017

I am not advertising the site as getting to busy regularly over 100 players and when over 120 becomes a slower day with more cheats!

I did not do as many kills as usual and was killed myself a lot more .

I did change sides at the end of the day to balance the teams and found out why the banded team was losing so badly I was shot more by them than the opposing team as was another good player that also swapped.

The predator changed it up a bit as he played in green camo without the helmet and caught them all off guard.

Good firm marshaling is a plus I approve of.

Seems people prefer less people at their game days. I played at FWG last Sunday was about 30 people total and made for some good games my local Depot is probably 30~ per team. 

• Supporters

A good days airsoft is when:

You havent taken much kit other than the bare essentials and its all you need.

You find decent table space next to your mates with chairs.

Everything just works, no tinkering, no tweaking, zeroing etc.

No huge queue for signing in.

You gun chrono's correctly

While playing, where you point the gun it will shoot and hit!

You manage to shoot a lot of people and also get shot, everyone takes their hit

Dont get too knackered from all the run about

Great games and game objectives

Despite running around all day, jumping and crawling, you leave the venue still fairly clean

Aligned to what's already been stated, my build on this is what I would call an impossible shot day......

Ones where I'm sniping, take what I consider  to be an impossible shot - huge distance / BB to travel between multiple objects prior to target, ones where you think.. That'll never hit & it does!!

Once again proving I'm not very good at sniping but my primary clearly outperforms my ability!!

I think all those things mentioned above (cheats, good games, team work, guns and kits working as it should etc) contribute to a good or bad day. But I also find a lot of what kind of a day you have depends on how your feeling. Some days your just not in the mood for certain things, and even though its an activity you may love doing, you can have days where a certain X factor for lack of a better description is missing. I love riding my motorbike, but I've been out on the odd occasion where the sun is shining, the roads are quiet, and I really should be having a blast, but I'm just not feeling it that day for whatever reason. Airsoft is exactly the same, sometimes I've woken up on a Sunday morning and I'm just really not feeling in the mood to go airsofting that day, but if I've booked and paid in advance I'll go (because Im a Yorkshire man and I aint losing my money), but predictably I wont enjoy the day as much even if everything about the day itself was spot on. And I've had days where plenty has gone wrong regards other players and kit etc but still had a fantastic day because I've been 100% up for it that day. The minds a strange thing, and whether intentionally or not I think sometimes people bring a really negative mindset to a game and will inevitably have a crap day. Likewise, you can have a day where plenty goes wrong, but if you came absolutely buzzing, you will probably leave still feeling awesome. 

20 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

You find decent table space next to your mates with chairs.

I took this for granted at my local site the Depot but the 2 other sites I've been at shown me how wrong I was.

I do think the lack of chairs at Fife resulted in quicker turn around in the safe zone in and out but it would be nice to have a sit down.

Another thing I would add after being to a few sites now. Decent bloody toilets! I'm sure there must be legislation around this too. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Musica said:

Another thing I would add after being to a few sites now. Decent bloody toilets! I'm sure there must be legislation around this too. 

This is too true

I have been to some sites where its just a bucket with a toilet seat on top.

Some its just a pit in the ground for number 1s only!

You'll be lucky if its just a portaloo emptied once every 6 months

I know decent portable cabins exist.

During large events my employer is able to secure these caravan like porta-loos for staff only😳, with actual ceramic toilets 😲, decent toilet paper 😨 and get this! CLEAN RUNNING WATER 🤯

Basically this sort of thing: https://www.temporaryfacilities.co.uk/toilet-hire/large-luxury-toilets/

SO i know they exist

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

This is too true

I have been to some sites where its just a bucket with a toilet seat on top.

Some its just a pit in the ground for number 1s only!

You'll be lucky if its just a portaloo emptied once every 6 months

I know decent portable cabins exist.

During large events my employer is able to secure these caravan like porta-loos for staff only😳, with actual ceramic toilets 😲, decent toilet paper 😨 and get this! CLEAN RUNNING WATER 🤯

Basically this sort of thing: https://www.temporaryfacilities.co.uk/toilet-hire/large-luxury-toilets/

SO i know they exist

I know they exist. I know companies that hire and sell them. They ain’t cheap. I know because I used to build them... and repair them, and redesign them and upgrade them. 

Imagine a bathroom going over our pothole roads... imagine the damage... spent too long in that game.

a simple servived portaloo with ample toilet paper.

A bit of warm water to wash my hands would nice but not essential cold will do.

On 01/07/2019 at 14:11, gasman said:

Actually had one of those rare days when you really enjoy your day, very little cheating no one bitching lots of nubes trying to play and taking their hits.

What more could you ask as an air-softer I even witnessed the biggest single kill with a grenade, thought they would never stop coming out of the building LOL.

Even the big Scotsman was not doing his normal bitching and the marshal was a gentleman.

Ironically enough I was unfortunate to be on the other team on this skirmish... and I must say it wasn’t a good Airsoft day for me- I must add it was only my 3rd outing- I feel the teams where massively unfair from the start- most of the “regulars” on one side... the young rentals where left to do what they wanted- mostly shooting us on own team while messing about with friends! I don’t think we actually hit an objective all day being met with a barrage of BB’s from the whistle. This might upset some but a lot of people on your team where not calling there hits- that was only thing are team where good at ( we got enough practise lol) but I did put my head in my hands when some idiots from our team started shooting the help that joined our team! 

6 minutes ago, Luigi_s said:

Ironically enough I was unfortunate to be on the other team on this skirmish... and I must say it wasn’t a good Airsoft day for me- I must add it was only my 3rd outing- I feel the teams where massively unfair from the start- most of the “regulars” on one side... the young rentals where left to do what they wanted- mostly shooting us on own team while messing about with friends! I don’t think we actually hit an objective all day being met with a barrage of BB’s from the whistle. This might upset some but a lot of people on your team where not calling there hits- that was only thing are team where good at ( we got enough practise lol) but I did put my head in my hands when some idiots from our team started shooting the help that joined our team! 

Sounds about right for that site. 

Hi luigi-s I must say that I thought the teams a little unfair as you said lots of youngsters on one side but the banded team never went forward at all all day.

As for hits called mine and did not see others not taking hits untill I swapped sides and new I was hitting some.

I will say a lot of BBs never reached the target from the banded side on line but short. The snipers were the ones that were hitting their targets.

When I play next I will try and get the teams mixed a little better skill wise as it is not all about winning.

The young players shooting their own team, well at the end of the day I just yelled at them (did no good). Had I been on your side all day I would have spoken to them and if they did it again it would have been full auto time!

• Moderators

at the old Urban Assault, there was a portaloo, one for around 160+ players and staff!, if that had been a restaurant/cafe there are laws.....!!!

Tuddenham is improving all the time, its in the middle of 'no where' farmers do frequent along the tracks but the site had been broken into a few months back. They now have two portaloos that are cleaned on a regular basis, only to be used if you sit are the rules, otherwise round the back in the bushes!

They have a building that is kitted out every game day as well as now to portacabins you can sleep in if staying over night....

remember last time you were the @Prisce, they weren't there!

• Moderators

Interesting to see whats changed tomorrow....i have been there i dont think since May 18!

And as for toilets the following

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_JOvx4XROQ

• Supporters

all this talk about bad or no toilets isn't news to me, hence why if I'm off to a site with dodgy facilities I'll usually pop a couple of loperamides after my morning constitutional at home 😎

Archived