optics

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so i'm ordinarily a big fan of the simple red dot, no eye relief quick acquisition and frankly at a 1j limit it's hard to get an airsoft gun to shoot far enough that magnification is really necessary.

only magnified optic i run is on my m4- a 2x bushnell red dot that's really excellent in terms of having a forgiving eye relief and just a hint of extra magnification.

but past couple of games i've been kinda wishing i could zoom in a bit more, not for target acquisition but more bb tracking.

so would anyone have any reccommendations for an optic? i've always liked the look of the spectre dr's with the simple 1x/4x switching, but sadly the last decent looking one for sale on here didn't last long (i'm looking at you @rocketdogbert :P )

Lol, Spectre is a good piece of kit, but very heavy. Have you thought about a flip to the side magnifier?

The Sig Bravo4 as bloody superb, but also bloody pricey. Honestly, it it where me, I’d go back to what I had, fixed 4x scope with a 45 degree mounted red dot. Much faster transition between 1x and 4x, both can be separately zero’d for the appropriate range, and as you’ll only be using the red dot at relating close range, the effect on the bb of turning the rifle is negligible.

Never used in anger by me, but so much easier rotating the gun on your cheek weld rather than looking up and moving your head to look through a top mounted dot.

And, most importantly in Airsoft, it also looks super cool and operator  😂😂😂

• Supporters

I had a fixed 4x spectre with a little red dot on top, was a great setup but a bit heavy.  Well worth looking into a 1-4x short dot like a visionking or similar. 

For flip to side magnifiers I wouldn't bother unless you go for a real one, every clone I have ever seen has been awful quality both in terms of the fitment of parts and the transparency of the glass. 

15 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

For flip to side magnifiers I wouldn't bother unless you go for a real one, every clone I have ever seen has been awful quality both in terms of the fitment of parts and the transparency of the glass

Yup, this exactly, shockingly bad, and never return to the same position twice either 😂

• Supporters

I did try fts magnifiers, but the eye relief is terrible (at least the one i have you literally need to touch goggles to the glass), even with a good mount returning to zero is more hope than prediction.

I'm not worried too much about switching, but i would rather avoid stacked optics due to having enough trouble with bore offset. Plan is to run 1x 90% of the time only switching when i'm actually engaging someone and need to see how close i'm getting.

The vision kings any good at 1x? 

• Supporters

1-6x scopes seem to be all the range nowadays. Probably due to the popularity of the John Wick series. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

Yeah, they're like a red dot at 1x magnification, eye relief is really good 

good to know, where's a good place to get one?

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

1-6x scopes seem to be all the range nowadays. Probably due to the popularity of the John Wick series. 

i think it's a spin off from 3-gun as well.

6 is more than i need, tbh 4x would be as much as i'd be after.

• Supporters

I’ve got one of these , and hand on heart one of the best scopes I’ve ever used !

Two team mates have them as well and there both as equally impressed with them as I am .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4x20-Rifle-scope-inc-mounts-Illuminated-reticle-tactical-shockproof-scope-/172669994750?var=&hash=item6dc5c2dff6

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve got one of these , and hand on heart one of the best scopes I’ve ever used !

Two team mates have them as well and there both as equally impressed with them as I am .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4x20-Rifle-scope-inc-mounts-Illuminated-reticle-tactical-shockproof-scope-/172669994750?var=&hash=item6dc5c2dff6

i'll give that a go, see how it goes.

14 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Definitely this, is what I run on my As Val and there little difference between this and the higher end scopes, really impressed me for what it cost.

• Supporters

well, she arrived and i must say i'm quite impressed.

busy neighborhood here so sadly i can't go poking it out the window to test at range but the 1x option seems to be manageable enough, probably a better field of view than the bushnell 2x i've been running.

will be interesting to give it a test drive on sunday, see how well i get on with a reticle as opposed to a dot (yes i'm a simple man i like simple dots)

Bit late now as you’ve got something, but the vision king is fantastic. I imagine what you’ve bought will be of similar quality. I run mine on my TM 416 for woodland games and it makes a massive difference. Past 60m trying to shoot at small exposed parts of the body is hard work with a red dot without walking the BB’s in. I find the short dots save on ammo. Good to assess the situation if you’re like me and hang back to pick people off too. 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

will be interesting to give it a test drive on sunday, see how well i get on with a reticle as opposed to a dot (yes i'm a simple man i like simple dots)

I like the reticle on it as it gives you more points of reference target with if you can only see part of a player , you know the situation your looking at a bunker and you can just see the other players arm so yo think “if centre is there then if I move X increments off I ‘should’ Hit the sticking out elbow ! “ sort of thing .👍

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I like the reticle on it as it gives you more points of reference target with if you can only see part of a player , you know the situation your looking at a bunker and you can just see the other players arm so yo think “if centre is there then if I move X increments off I ‘should’ Hit the sticking out elbow ! “ sort of thing .👍

yeah, i normally do a lot of fire and adjust, especially at longer ranges.

it's just i'm used to the unobstructed red dot type sight picture.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's just i'm used to the unobstructed red dot type sight picture.

Guarantee you won’t even notice it 👍

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Guarantee you won’t even notice it 👍

fingers crossed, the rifle it's on is the one that gets fed finest geoff's .48's so plenty of range work to be had, i suppose in proper cqb it's not going to be an issue as it's mainly instinct shots anyway.

• Supporters

Well, gave her a go the day.

Bit of getting used to, but then that's just me being so used to red dots. Did find the magnification helpful in the open sections.

Didnt use the illumination, and i'm not gonna lie i do miss the dot. But overall definately a good setup.

Dropped the bushnell on the f2000, nice combo, good to get her out again.

Archived