Range advice pls

Hitcalls4tw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm considering a UK version of both the mk2 trident and LVOA-S, (but would welcome other suggestions from experienced players) 

My question is; is the LVOA-S going to provide better range and/or accuracy (most important factor for me) when both straight out of the box?

Also, what upgrades would you recommend to improve range/accuracy for a £100 budget?

Thanks!

Nope. They are more or less the same RIF just cosmetically packaged differently.

You can with some work DMR'ify that platform with really good results but you're not looking at £100 of upgrades.

Honest advice....don't waste £100 side grading parts  on an already expensive and well performing weapon. Buy yourself some quality BB's and have a few good days out on it.

1 hour ago, Hitcalls4tw said:

Thank you mate, much appreciated. Is it not even worth changing the barrel from a 6.05 to a 6.03?

Bore size isn’t really important, it’s quality of the finish that matters 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Hitcalls4tw said:

So are we talking good quality 2.5, 2.8 or even higher? How will this affect fps

Thanks for the info guys! 

doesn't matter about fps, the actual fps number will be lower, but the energy will be the same.

heavier ammo travels slower, which means less drag, means it takes longer to slow down so it holds it's velocity and energy for longer meaning the magnus force (the spin from your hop) can keep it lifted so it travels further and hits harder at range than a lighter bb fired with the same energy.

i'd try some geoff's .3's in there, see how those work out.

On a gun with around 350fps how would this affect the Joule rating I know many sites obide to being at a 1.2 Joule limit wouldn't using a .28 push it over the threshold?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, ShaqMan said:

On a gun with around 350fps how would this affect the Joule rating I know many sites obide to being at a 1.2 Joule limit wouldn't using a .28 push it over the threshold?

on an aeg generally no, it's gas powered guns you need to be careful of when it comes to joule creep.

however it's always a good idea to check the joules on the ammo you're using, just in case.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, ShaqMan said:

This comes back to the same question you asked earlier. The muzzle energy stays the same, the muzzle velocity decreases as the BB weight increases. Site limits that state 350 FPS are measured with a 0.2G BB. If you then put a 0.28g BB IN THE SAME GUN you will have the same muzzle energy (1.13J) but your muzzle velocity would drop to 295 FPS.

Archived