Refurbished and highly tuned Dboys Scar L

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok. So I bought Dboys Scar L from the dumps pretty much. Thing was dead on arrival, and I have managed to restore it to perfect function, and beyond too:

20190628_200234.thumb.jpg.48dff54f7d3428ed6e88fe5615acc8e8.jpg

20190628_140103.thumb.jpg.24e8df5941d58a8b395b449cc849f5da.jpg

Here's what it has and what I've done to it:

• New Dboys stock
  • New E&C M4 AEG grip
  • New steel Airsoftpro flash hider
  • New APS high cap mag
  • New Madbull steel barrel
  • New Maple Leaf macaron 50 degree bucking
  • New 19:1 ASG ultimate gears
  • New o-ring and piston head
  • Installed new Airlab 70D 8mm sorbo pad and secured using Loctite 480
  • Degreased and reapplied high-quality LT2 grease
  • AOE corrected and shimmed using lonex shims

All I need to do now is wire to deans and it should be done. No mosfet, however. Fire rate is around 20 rps on auto with a tamiya connected 9.6v. Thing is externally fucking excellent condition.

These things stock go for around £200 new. What do I sell my pimped version for? I was thinking along the lines of the same price tbh, or even more if I fit a mosfet in it.

4 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Ok. So I bought Dboys Scar L from the dumps pretty much. Thing was dead on arrival, and I have managed to restore it to perfect function, and beyond too:

20190628_200234.thumb.jpg.48dff54f7d3428ed6e88fe5615acc8e8.jpg

20190628_140103.thumb.jpg.24e8df5941d58a8b395b449cc849f5da.jpg

Here's what it has and what I've done to it:

• New Dboys stock
  • New E&C M4 AEG grip
  • New steel Airsoftpro flash hider
  • New APS high cap mag
  • New Madbull steel barrel
  • New Maple Leaf macaron 50 degree bucking
  • New 19:1 ASG ultimate gears
  • New o-ring and piston head
  • Installed new Airlab 70D 8mm sorbo pad and secured using Loctite 480
  • Degreased and reapplied high-quality LT2 grease
  • AOE corrected and shimmed using lonex shims

All I need to do now is wire to deans and it should be done. No mosfet, however. Fire rate is around 20 rps on auto with a tamiya connected 9.6v. Thing is externally fucking excellent condition.

These things stock go for around £200 new. What do I sell my pimped version for? I was thinking along the lines of the same price tbh, or even more if I fit a mosfet in it.

Well Taiwangun have them new stock for around 100-110 at the mo. (The Scar H) not sure if that helps. 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Well Taiwangun have them new stock for around 100-110 at the mo. (The Scar H) not sure if that helps. 

Hmm interesting. I also saw a scar l by the brand "boyi" for £100 (25% off apparently right now). Not sure if boyi and dboys are the same.

Anyway, I do still think the new parts (excluding replacements) and service punches above its stock value. So I guess it will depend on which starting point. 100 vs 200. I think i'll start from 150 (as if bought new) and work from there.

38 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Hmm interesting. I also saw a scar l by the brand "boyi" for £100 (25% off apparently right now). Not sure if boyi and dboys are the same.

Anyway, I do still think the new parts (excluding replacements) and service punches above its stock value. So I guess it will depend on which starting point. 100 vs 200. I think i'll start from 150 (as if bought new) and work from there.

It's the same brand.  -)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest burnleyfc

Scar l on taiwangun 100 pounds new as just ordered another one to turn into SSR to go

with my cqb version 

Archived