2 cell lipo balanced charging lead, where to buy

_stylian_
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As above. Just bought an imax b6 charger. Came with a 4 pin balanced charger cable for lipos. But I need a 3 pin one for my mini 2 cell lipos

I can't for the life of me find one online. I can find extentions. I can find adaptors. But no cable

Anyone know where I can get one afforably? 

Might help if you can post a photo of the connector?  There are so many different kinds.

Also, take a look at Component Shop, you might find what you're looking for on there.

• Supporters

I'm confuddled, and pictures would definitely help.

I have these 300mAh 2-cell lipo for my AEP:

s-l1000.jpg&f=1

They have a 2 pin JST connector for power, and a 3-pin balance connector.

The SkyRC branded B6 clone that I have came with a Deans terminated power cable, with a JST adaptor (see the cable bundle on the left here), and 3, 4 and 5 pin balance charger sockets for 2, 3 and 4 cell lipos.

th?id=OIP.llTSQggZA_PQ93mgOOftogHaHa%26p

So to charge my JST 2-cells, I plug their 3-pin balance connector directly into the B6, and also the power cable via the B6's Deans <-> JST adaptor.

All works fine, no drama.

If you've got a different set-up, it would be good to see it.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm confuddled, and pictures would definitely help.

I have these 300mAh 2-cell lipo for my AEP:

s-l1000.jpg&f=1

They have a 2 pin JST connector for power, and a 3-pin balance connector.

The SkyRC branded B6 clone that I have came with a Deans terminated power cable, with a JST adaptor (see the cable bundle on the left here), and 3, 4 and 5 pin balance charger sockets for 2, 3 and 4 cell lipos.

th?id=OIP.llTSQggZA_PQ93mgOOftogHaHa%26p

So to charge my JST 2-cells, I plug their 3-pin balance connector directly into the B6, and also the power cable via the B6's Deans <-> JST adaptor.

All works fine, no drama.

If you've got a different set-up, it would be good to see it.

wouldn't he need to reverse the cable red to black black to red since airsoft are wired back assed? 

if you don't have the leads Roger is talking about component shop should have what you need something like.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/airsoft-battery-charging-harness.html and https://www.componentshop.co.uk/jst-bec-charger-adapter-lead.html

• Supporters

Phew, all is well with the world.  I agree that it's not immediately obvious how to plug everything together until you've done it once.

38 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Phew, all is well with the world.  I agree that it's not immediately obvious how to plug everything together until you've done it once.

Yea if I hadn't of used the same style charger for my quad copters I would of probably just got a nimh so I didn't have to figure it out.

Is the backwards wiring not important when charging?

I ordered this so I could charge my airsoft tamiya lipos from my b6. https://www.componentshop.co.uk/female-mini-tamiya-to-deans-male-charger-adapter.html

I do belive if you don't get a airsoft wired tamiya then you need to flip the red to black and black to red on the b6 otherwise it will error on battery test.

Archived