GBB pistol for display and home and garden plinking

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you had a special liking for a particular pistol that you would put on display and shoot occasionally at home, but never use in skirmishing or need to put in a holster, would you get a TM or go for something with nicer externals and at least a metal slide?

I like my pistols better than other guns and use them mainly at home or on a local ten metre range.  As far as handguns go I am more of a collector than an airsoft player. Only two of my pistols would ever be used in a game. And my playing days are probably numbered.

Imagine you had your heart set on say a HK45, USP or an FNX 45, all desirable toys that are available from TM but also with better externals from other companies.

TM pistols are reliable and accurate and parts are always available for them, if needed. They may have all plastic externals, but they still manage to look pretty good. And you can trust them more than other guns to function well and for a long time.

In comparison, VFC pistols, for example, have excellent externals. They look and feel like the real things. They are not TM compatible and lack the reliability of TM. And they are often more expensive than TM guns. Some models have received a lot of criticism. Nor is it easy to source parts for them. But they do look great.

Or, if you forget expensive brands like VFC and KWA, there are much cheaper metal guns available from WE and KJW.  WE later models are said to be better than their earlier stuff, and like KJW, they produce decent Sigs and Berettas, I am told. And since they are largely TM compatible broken parts are cheap to replace. For occasional use they might last a long time. And accuracy would be easy to improve with a better hop up. If you really needed better accuracy at 10 metres.

I would go for something different. Like the Robocop KWC Auto 9. Great for display, not so much for skirmishing. 

Take your point, but, personally  I am not really interested in fantasy guns or some fo the other exotic looking ones used in films. 

Wouldn't mind acquiring a couple of the older types though eg. Makarov, Tokarev,  P38, Browning High Power, etc.

I'd like a Luger, but I've heard both the WE and KWC ones break in no time.

I mean... if you're never gonna skirmish it, might as well get something nice and shiny for the wall; plastic doesn't look that great.

The WE TT33 and CT25 in silver look pretty nice. I had the TT33: shoots good enough for the backyard stock, and the hop and barrel can be upgraded:

20190424_133409.thumb.jpg.6ee3273e954c3bf4319117b302ec8b65.jpg

The silver WE desert eagle is also a very nice display piece. Shoots decently well and can also be upgraded: 

20190501_164549.thumb.jpg.32640b6037577ea564ef95495fae0c1c.jpg

Shoots better than the TT33 by far due to the larger magazine. But, a lot less practical and unwieldy. TT33 would be better for re-enactment too.

IMO, get something shiny.

Guest Yukarin

Would still go for something reliable even for a Plinker, just so I know its gonna work when I want to have a little fun. But thats just me, prefer performance over looks.

• Supporters

Realistically your not going to get a ‘pin driver’ of an airsoft pistol without doing some internal work on it , which rather defies the objective your discussing . My own example I’ve got a Webley revolver , totally impractical to scurmish (too heavy/only 6shots and you need cartridges for the 6bbs!) BUT I absolutely love it ! If I do want to scurmish a revolver then I have two TM python’s a 6 and a 2inch both hold 24bbs so both are practical pistols to use .

So I’d say looks over function all the way ! 😁

Archived