G&G FireHawk Upgrade, plz help

Lee Manc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon boys n' girls... ive read a few reviews and many ppl have ran their standard firehawks on 11.1v lipo and not had a problem YET. i understand and am fully aware that the gun will last much longer  on 7.4v - But i want a kick arse FireHawk. Ive put roughly around 6000 bbs through mine from new, so i think its just about broken in now... my question is, what else will i need to jack my FH up? i don't want another gun or better gun,  i want an insane FireHawk. An Inferno Hawk if you will :) .  Could someone tell me exactly what i'd need to fit into the FH for it to be able to withstand the output of a 11.1v lipo . Im going to run the standard internals for now until it breaks, when it does, ill buy all the bitz n batz i need -  I'm guessing for a start i'd need some kind of uprated gearbox?? MOSFET??  Any information would be great. Thanks guys. 
Manc xx

• Supporters

Christ. Don’t use that blue, gives me a damn headache. 

I have an insane Firehawk. 

We fitted a Gate Titan MOSFET, 12:1 gears,  11.1V lipo on deans. 

The thing is deadly, and damned noisy.

Archived