WE Glock Gen3 vs Gen4?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Obviously the Gen3/Gen4 externally are clones of the real thing Gen3/Gen4, but is there any internal differences? Is either of them any more reliable?

Weird side note.. its obviously been a while since Ive been active here, but today I was gonna go on here to ask this and I see any email from AFUK that someone replied to one of my threads.. from 3 years ago!! What a coincidence eh!!

Nope, identical mechanically.

Different shape magwell and different size mag releases, otherwise the WE’s are the same. Personally, if I was buying a WE, I’d buy a Gen5, but that’s just me

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope, identical mechanically.

Different shape magwell and different size mag releases, otherwise the WE’s are the same. Personally, if I was buying a WE, I’d buy a Gen5, but that’s just me

Gen5? didnt know there was one! but then its been a while since I was active. is it also identical mechanically?

Just now, two_zero said:

Gen5? didnt know there was one! but then its been a while since I was active. is it also identical mechanically?

More or less,  barring the Gen5 mods (ambidextrous, flared magwell, angled nose)

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

More or less,  barring the Gen5 mods (ambidextrous, flared magwell, angled nose)

Ambi sounds cool as hell as I often switch to left when beneficial in skirmish (well on primary anyway).  But I feel they may be problematic to get over here. Is there a WE Gen5 g18?

4 minutes ago, two_zero said:

Ambi sounds cool as hell as I often switch to left when beneficial in skirmish (well on primary anyway).  But I feel they may be problematic to get over here. Is there a WE Gen5 g18?

Dunno, maybe a G18, but the 17’s are readily available here, I know two stores local to me that have them.

Theres also a pretty nifty 19X available

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Dunno, maybe a G18, but the 17’s are readily available here, I know two stores local to me that have them.

Theres also a pretty nifty 19X available

I kinda feel for a tenner extra Id rather have the one with a funswitch ;) even if using it regularly fucks up the nozzle

19x be pretty dope. does it take g17 mags thou?

6 minutes ago, two_zero said:

I kinda feel for a tenner extra Id rather have the one with a funswitch ;) even if using it regularly fucks up the nozzle

19x be pretty dope. does it take g17 mags thou?

Yes, 19X takes 17 mags

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, 19X takes 17 mags

Thanks, and for the rest of the help! Ill have a look around and decide between it and g18 then ;)

16 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

100% gen 3 for me. The gen 4 model has dropped me so many random mags into the dirt.

- This -

The Gen 4 and 5 G series are an accident waiting to happen.

Gen 3 for me, all the way.

• Supporters

Out of interest, is there a design flaw in the mag release on the 4+ inherited from the real (plastic) steel guns, or is this specific to the toys?

I’ve never had a problem, but I know a real steel shooter in NZ who refuses to use anything other than a Gen3 because if the mag release

• Supporters

Oh, crikey, I see it now.

maxresdefault.jpg

No, can't be doing with over-eager mag releases.  I've filed away most of the release button my 1911 AEP, and then glued a rubber O-ring around it just to be sure.

• Supporters

That's surprising, I've got a VFC Gen4 and I've spent quite a few months cumulative wearing a real Gen4 on my hip every day, never had any issues with losing mags.  The button is larger of course but I always find I have to press the forward section of it, almost like it was the Gen3 narrow button.

When I lived abroad and owned firearms, I had a Gen 3 Glock.

I never had any problem releasing the mag. There was no need to change the release button.

Even with gloves on it was perfectly accessible.

I have no idea whether this problem exists with the real steel Gen 4s, but it certainly does with the WE airsoft ones. 

I love the lines of the WE Gen 5, but will not buy one because of that mag release.

Archived