Need a repair ASAP in Kent anyone know a guy?

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need a repair ASAP in Kent anyone know a guy? 

Please and thanks rather not post off to a website one

James Johnathon Minns - Can be found on Facebook, very reputable & does a lot of good tech work based in Kent

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone 

@rocketdogbert

i have an asg mac10 Ingram it’s barely been used but as a rare backup 

now the issue is I changed the battery over and when I put the front back on I popped a mag in and put off of safety but discovered the safety is stuck on safe and I can’t get it to switch and I’m scared of taking apart airsoft guns I tried once it didn’t go well lol maybe you can take a look

Forgot to mention my friend is wanting to use it on his first skirmish hence I need to get it fixed 😕

6 hours ago, MikeMarden said:

James Johnathon Minns - Can be found on Facebook, very reputable & does a lot of good tech work based in Kent

Hope this helps

Thank you unfortunately I refuse to make a Facebook account XD been there done that won’t go back XD any other means of contact incase @rocketdogbert is unable 

ps @rocketdogbert where are u based?

I’m in SE Essex, not super close.

If it needs parts, that might be an issue, especially for timing,  it also for cost. Everything is fixable, but there is also a trade off between cost of repair/spec of repair/time to repair.

I’d recommend diving in yourself, plenty of top people here who can help, it’s very likely a misaligned or broken selector plate, but equally I’ll happily have a look. Where in Kent are you?

Rainham In Kent I suppose self service is the way I have to go perhaps 

• Supporters

@rocketdogbert they are awful just steer clear of it.

Nasty cheap AEP made by JG  and everything about it is awful. Replacement parts are hard to get. Even when the guns were easy to get hold of it was a case of just bin it as they were cheap. 

To the OP not worth the bother as even when working they are awful.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Raytd said:

Thanks everyone 

@rocketdogbert

i have an asg mac10 Ingram it’s barely been used but as a rare backup 

now the issue is I changed the battery over and when I put the front back on I popped a mag in and put off of safety but discovered the safety is stuck on safe and I can’t get it to switch and I’m scared of taking apart airsoft guns I tried once it didn’t go well lol

dude, did you put the locking pin that holds the front on the right way round ?.

I had one & had that happen to me, its not a major fault, but rather a finicky part of the design, just fiddle with it & you'll sort it, just don't force nothing.

@ImTriggerHappy 

honestly I disagree it’s performed brilliantly for me till now but if you wanna buy me a decent gun feel free I’ll bin it no problems but when your unimployed and disabled y’all don’t get to pick and choose 

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

dude, did you put the locking pin that holds the front on the right way round ?.

I had one & had that happen to me, its not a major fault, but rather a finicky part of the design, just fiddle with it & you'll sort it, just don't force nothing.

@Tackle huh yeah I had that issue b4 thinking about it I’ve tried to play w the pin but it feels a tad loose maybe that’s the issue 😕 I can replace the pin for like 5 quid so worth a try then

Ehh i can’t remember where I saw the spare parts tho lol

• Supporters

the pin has a number of cut-outs on it, if any aren't aligned, that could be enough to cause the issue.

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

the pin has a number of cut-outs on it, if any aren't aligned, that could be enough to cause the issue.

Hmm I wish I could just replace with a better gun but I’m currently short about 100 bucks from replacing it w anything good atm I’ll fiddle more w it see if I can make it slot in

Hoping to get a cyma p90 that has been upgraded but I have to wait until I can afford to get it 😭 never thought I’d say this but I miss work XD having a paycheck used to be awesome haha

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

How much are they new?  And are parts available?

They were 89 new and yes there were some parts available when I watched 

Looked *

6 minutes ago, Raytd said:

They were 89 new and yes there were some parts available when I watched 

Looked *

Not worth repairing unless you do it yourself and parts are

less than £20 all in matey

Where did you find the parts someone showed me a website that sold them before but I can’t find it

As y’all can tell I’m no expert I used to think src was a good make and bbguns4less was the best place to buy airsoft stuff lol 

i now know better ish 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Raytd said:

@ImTriggerHappy 

honestly I disagree it’s performed brilliantly for me till now but if you wanna buy me a decent gun feel free I’ll bin it no problems but when your unimployed and disabled y’all don’t get to pick and choose 

Disagree all you like but it is still a crap gun.

If money is that tight save it towards a better gun rather than spend it trying to fix a bad one.

Cost of parts, labour and postage is more than it is worth.

I managed to get it working :) I had an upgraded motor a while ago on it the bastard glued the top part to the bottom so I couldn’t disassemble myself but when it broke free of glue I managed to take apart 

they have a latch that stops it from changing safety if disassembled ana the front plate broke a bit and wasn’t pushing that lever down so I got some bluetack and stuck the latch to a bit of plastic it’s now able to change safety whenever but no locking if disassembled 

i had I think was a cyma aep motor about a year ago shoots solid 320fps stock gun was 260 

but thanks all for reply’s 

@ImTriggerHappy me and my m8 are going half on a cyma fully upgraded p90 we know the guy he got it did it up then got himself a gas sniper and never used the p90 he is selling it for 150 so I think I’ll be going for that what do u think ? Fully upgraded parts can’t remember what they were but I had someone check the upgraded bits out and they are better stuff for sure it has the front rail and a nice holographic sight 

7 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Disagree all you like but it is still a crap gun.

If money is that tight save it towards a better gun rather than spend it trying to fix a bad one.

Cost of parts, labour and postage is more than it is worth.

Yeah saving for new one doesn’t go down well with my partner I have to tip toe round subject of money ;)

I’m going halves on one w my m8 sneaky sneak 

Archived