“Tack ptw” vs KoA/eagle 6 ngrs

Rosco38
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all I’m stuck between these 2 guns. They are priced similarly.

Ptw pros : quick change cylinder - get a 416 upgrade body kit - easily to maintain
Cons : expensive af - not as reliable bolt stop system - misfeeds common- motor issues - have to send to Tack once a year for service - have to clean it often 

Tm pros : reliable as hell - cheaper mags - bolt stop reliable - never misfeed- cheaper - swappable FPS (not as easy as ptw but still easier with 2 inner barrel builds ) - motor isn’t gonna break anytime soon - don’t have to service it or maintain it nearly as often. 
Cons - not as good externals as cnc aluminum kit - not 1:1 - 
*tm will be longsword or lvl 12 eagle 6*

live in the states and play indoor and outdoor so swappable FPS is nice to go from 350 to 400!
With a TM I can do 2 inner barrel builds and swap them depending where I am playing. 

So yeah what would you guys do in this situation? 

Thing to consider is eventually Tm will get an upgraded body!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rosco38 said:

Hey all I’m stuck between these 2 guns. They are priced similarly.

Ptw pros : quick change cylinder - get a 416 upgrade body kit - easily to maintain
Cons : expensive af - not as reliable bolt stop system - misfeeds common- motor issues - have to send to Tack once a year for service - have to clean it often 

Tm pros : reliable as hell - cheaper mags - bolt stop reliable - never misfeed- cheaper - swappable FPS (not as easy as ptw but still easier with 2 inner barrel builds ) - motor isn’t gonna break anytime soon - don’t have to service it or maintain it nearly as often. 
Cons - not as good externals as cnc aluminum kit - not 1:1 - 
*tm will be longsword or lvl 12 eagle 6*

live in the states and play indoor and outdoor so swappable FPS is nice to go from 350 to 400!
With a TM I can do 2 inner barrel builds and swap them depending where I am playing. 

So yeah what would you guys do in this situation? 

Thing to consider is eventually Tm will get an upgraded body!

TM 100% , just for the ease of changing the spec of the gun your self if nothing else .

• Supporters

I'm not sure you can really get a 50+ FPS difference from a barrel swap alone?  Unless the length difference was massive and in an AEG the longer barrel might end up with the lower FPS.  Sounds like you'd want the PTW (of those 2 options) if you absolutely must have that swapping ability contained within 1 gun.

Pretty silly to go to KoA if you're in the US though, the airsoft biz is orders of magnitude larger over there and everything is much cheaper.  KoA actually have a pretty shaky rep to say the least.

13 hours ago, Rosco38 said:

Cons : misfeeds common- motor issues - have to send to Tack once a year for service - have to clean it often 

I don't know where you got these from but i never had issues with my PTWS. It is like anything if you take care of it it will work if you don't it won't.

With misfeeds i think you are referring to chopping BBs which yes PTWs can be a bit picky with their BBs but its not like they chop everything except 1 brand of BBs. All the popular brands worked fine in my ones, Devil, Blaster, Excel, Geoffs etc.

Motor issues, yes the motors will likely need to be rewound more commonly than a regular AEG but it is just getting it rewound not replacing the motor completely and this is not a regular occurrence either.

I have owned multiple rifles of both and can honestly say when someone says their PTW or NGRS outranges their mates one by 50m they are just talking shit, the range between them is negligible. When you get BTC installed the trigger response is near enough the same between them. they will cost around the same if you get the full TM package but the only difference for me was build quality. PTWs just had a higher build quality in my opinion nothing ever wobbled on them this is not to say TM have a bad build quality they have a very good build quality but PTWs are just better for that.

I have left the electric recoil out of my write up as i find it a bit gimmicky and remove it from my TMs as i don't really like it (apart from my AKs74u). 

These are just my opinions take them how you want.

32 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I'm not sure you can really get a 50+ FPS difference from a barrel swap alone?  Unless the length difference was massive and in an AEG the longer barrel might end up with the lower FPS.  Sounds like you'd want the PTW (of those 2 options) if you absolutely must have that swapping ability contained within 1 gun.

Pretty silly to go to KoA if you're in the US though, the airsoft biz is orders of magnitude larger over there and everything is much cheaper.  KoA actually have a pretty shaky rep to say the least.

How so? I regularly visit their shop in Dundee and Sam's always doing great work. Seems to be working a new US order each time.

I know that quality of very high on both. My main concern is reliability and the need to send it back to the builder for a service. As it’s expensive and I want to play with said weapon lol. 

Im leaning toward NGRS because of this reason.

and I thought KoA was among if not the best? He knows his stuff it seems! Also yes you can do a barrel swap to change FPS

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Rosco38 said:

I don’t really be changing the spec would end up just buying another rif!

you said “live in the states and play indoor and outdoor so swappable FPS is nice to go from 350 to 400!“ I do believe that qualifies as changing the spec does it not ? 😳

The same thing can be done on a PTW! 

I thought you meant moreso changing the internals like gears etc which I won’t do once I get said gun. 

As stated before more focused on servicing and maintain the guns now. 

3 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

KoA actually have a pretty shaky rep to say the least.

How so? The only negative feedback I've ever heard about KoA is the turnaround time, and when you consider they get sent guns regularly from all over the world, easy to understand why it can take some time. I've sat with Sam for a full day whilst he worked on my SAI GRY, he is a top bloke and what he doesn't know about Airsoft tech isn't worth knowing AFAIC. KoA have also moved into a new, bigger shop to try and cope with the demand - must be doing something right.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, apexpredator said:

How so? The only negative feedback I've ever heard about KoA is the turnaround time, and when you consider they get sent guns regularly from all over the world, easy to understand why it can take some time. I've sat with Sam for a full day whilst he worked on my SAI GRY, he is a top bloke and what he doesn't know about Airsoft tech isn't worth knowing AFAIC. KoA have also moved into a new, bigger shop to try and cope with the demand - must be doing something right.

8 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

How so? I regularly visit their shop in Dundee and Sam's always doing great work. Seems to be working a new US order each time.

I have no horse in this race, I just read an aggregate of reviews and I've seen a fair few people reporting money taken followed by a lack of comms and extreme wait times long beyond what was promised, which is not ok in my book.  Along with some post-work issues.

People are free to use whoever they like doesn't bother me at all, but I've experienced those same sorts of problems in the past so when I hear of them with a difference tech service I personally avoid.

• Supporters

imho you'd be an awful lot better asking in an American-focused facebook group or a forum (if there is one).  The amount you're going to be paying in shipping and extra risk doesn't make any logical sense given the size of the airsoft business in the US.

Archived