Camo for woodland

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, my name's Andrew and I like sniping.
There, I've said it.
However, I'm a fat bugger, so sweat like a whore on payday in a ghillie (great to find that out after hours "crafting") in the current weather.
So as a result I end up in combat 95s and a Tshirt, which is sub-optimal from a concealment point of view.
I've seen some pencott green zone, which looks like it would work well in the woodland I play in.
I'm open to suggestions for lightweight, helps-you-not-sweat kit - cos tbh, getting too hot kind of ruins the day for me...
TIA 😄 

• Supporters

a slightly cooler version of a ghillie would be to use something like a webtex (there are other brands) concealment vest, worn like a long jacket but very open at the front & hooded, its a great base for a ghillie but much more versatile than a full suit, & obviously works with whatever camo/t-shirt you wear underneath.

Assault Vests - Webtex Concealment Vest.jpg

What about partizan-M reversible suit,  good for both summer and autumn UK seasons, two suits in one and quite breathable. Image result for partizan M

• Supporters

Problem with 3-d camo is its horrific for shedding on the undergrowth, guy in our squad runs a kapkan covered in netting and he ends up leaving the stuff in every bush he comes across.

That said, head and shoulders covered, park yourself in a bush and its gold. The big one i know i suffer from is not covering the face, although i dont play stealth that much anyway.

Flecktarn master race.

The stuff is incredible for UK woodland. And works for all seasons, Just stick to the shaded areas and find something that covers your face. It's not expensive either.

I got trousers, shirt, 2 hats, parka, webbing, extra pouches, and gloves for about £70 delivered.

• Supporters

Get your self a fecking big DPM smock and just wear it without any thing underneath it , I spent yrs wearing one on its own in different parts of the world , some of which had bloody hot climates and it always worked a treat . You start out getting hot in it but once it’s got ‘all sweaty’ it’ll then keep you cool , the wet material seams to draws the heat away from you . Sat in a bush on a hot sunny day😎 it’ll be heavenly ! 😇

10 hours ago, Iceni said:

Flecktarn master race.

The stuff is incredible for UK woodland. And works for all seasons, Just stick to the shaded areas and find something that covers your face. It's not expensive either.

I got trousers, shirt, 2 hats, parka, webbing, extra pouches, and gloves for about £70 delivered.

Holy crap! Where on Earth was that from??? 

Another vote for flecktarn master race. I have a t short and trousers (that don’t even match) and it’s silly how long I can stand in the same spot without getting noticed/shot sometimes. That’s paired with a MTP belt and atcas chest rig too. 

• Supporters

whilst i don't wear flecktarn much these days, i can vouch for it's impressive concealment properties, first time i'd had noticeable instances of "how did he not see me!?" when i started wearing that stuff.

6 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Holy crap! Where on Earth was that from??? 

Poland.

https://armyworld.pl/

I paid more in shipping than for the gear, They don't ship tracked, but all my stuff arrived perfectly.

Parka €11

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-3-Military-Jacket-Parka-Bundeswehr-Flecktarn-Original-Demobil-SecondHand.html

Trousers €10.50

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-1-Trousers-Flecktarn-Milirtary-Bundeswehr-Cargo-Pants-Original-Demobil-SecondHand.html

Shirt €4.50

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-2-Military-Shirt-Flecktarn-Bundeswehr-BW-ASG-Paintball-Original-Demobil-SecondHand.html

Cap €2

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-12-Field-Cap-Flecktarn-Military-Bundeswehr-Original-Demobil-SecondHand.html

Winter hat €2

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-10-Military-Ushanka-Cap-Bundeswehr-Flecktarn-Demobil-SecondHand.html

Gloves €15

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-92-Military-Winter-Gloves-Gore-tex-Flecktarn-Bundeswehr-Warmed-Demobil.html

Gortex upper and lower €28

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-320-Military-Rainproof-Set-Gore-tex-Bundeswehr-Flecktarn-Original-Demobil.html

PLCE webbing with pouches belt and yoke....€9

https://armyworld.pl/product-eng-24-Tactical-Instrumentation-Bundeswehr-5-pieces-Flecktarn-Original-Demobil-SecondHand.html

€52 without the gortex set.

Postage is high about £20.

There were a lot more sizes available when I got mine so you might not get the sizes you need now. There's more than what I posted on the site, they have new and demobil gear so you may have to go searching the site for other items.

They also have all of the Polish camo sets, and a good range of sizes for those as well.

Nothing else  wrong with Dpm. Get a light weight soldier 95 shirt and boonie hat. You can fit brush and leaves into the boonie. Wear a shemagh as a veil over your face to help conceal your face. 

Throw in some plc webbing and you can add cam to that too. 

When I was doing my combat infantry course I wore that combo with added long grass etc. Was asked by an instructor to hide up within 10 metres of the ‘cam and concealment’ lecture area with a buddy. Bearing in mind this is with a sa80 with a bright yellow black firing adaptor on it. 

We were instructed to fire a single round on a given word if we remained unspotted. After 5 minutes of the lesson class looking we fired and scared the hell of them. So trust me. Dpm works lol

20 hours ago, Iceni said:

Flecktarn master race.

This , Flecktarn is amazingly effective in European (UK) woods, basically what it was designed for.

• Supporters

'X is THE Best camo for Y' - Wrong.

Everywhere is different colours and the same area varies by season.  Buy something that's predominantly matching the prevalent environment at your site when you'll mostly be playing.  If you play all year round you'll likely need 2 sets.

13 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

'X is THE Best camo for Y' - Wrong.

Everywhere is different colours and the same area varies by season.  Buy something that's predominantly matching the prevalent environment at your site when you'll mostly be playing.  If you play all year round you'll likely need 2 sets.

You are right but for the wrong reasons.  It doesn't matter what camo an airsofter uses as they are an airsofter and don't have the training usually to make the most of it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

What about an UBACS shirt? You can get em in all the colours of the green/brown/black rainbow.

ubacs are alright, but if your planning on spending time in the prone position, expect every twig/nettle/bramble etc etc to go straight through the spandex (or whatever it is?) body section, they've got no protective properties whatsoever, & will probably look a shit state in no time at all, full of snags & runs.

18 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

What about an UBACS shirt? You can get em in all the colours of the green/brown/black rainbow.

17 hours ago, Tackle said:

ubacs are alright, but if your planning on spending time in the prone position, expect every twig/nettle/bramble etc etc to go straight through the spandex (or whatever it is?) body section, they've got no protective properties whatsoever, & will probably look a shit state in no time at all, full of snags & runs.

Spot on

As hinted at in the name, UBACS is a semi underlayer

Originally the body was plain and the arms, shoulders etc camouflaged

The body has developed to include all over camouflage, but that is because the plain tan or brown caused highlights where the body armour/vest etc didn’t fully cover the torso

The torso material still is just some form of spandex like wicking layer.  You will see soldiers out in Afghan etc with just a UBACS on, but not out and about doing soldiering, when they should be wearing gear on top etc.

Its possible to wear UBACS, but its not going to last long with any real activity 

Archived