Drop-Leg Holster Bolt

raynor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI All,

I recently purchased the Drop Leg Holster Platform (Link Below) and now that it has arrived I have tried to attach the pistol section (Nuprol) but the bolt is too short.  Does anyone know the correct size and length of the bolt that is needed?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F1LJ4SY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers

Raynor

• Supporters

Not being facetious but have you tried measuring the bolt you DO have and just getting a longer one?

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Not being facetious but have you tried measuring the bolt you DO have and just getting a longer one?

Honestly, I did think about that but to be fair i'm not 100% sure as to how it should be measured for the diameter. Would it be from end to end or before the threads start?

Sorry I have very little DIY Skills for this type of thing.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, raynor said:

Honestly, I did think about that but to be fair i'm not 100% sure as to how it should be measured for the diameter. Would it be from end to end or before the threads start?

Sorry I have very little DIY Skills for this type of thing.

Get a ruler, line up one side with the zero mark and then see where the outside of the thread comes to. From memory it should be about 5mm (I may well be wrong so please check it). If it's what they call a "pan head" screw the length will be quoted as the length of thread from the underside of the head. If it's a countersunk screw it's the whole length including the head. http://www.timco.co.uk/screw-measuring-information

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Get a ruler, line up one side with the zero mark and then see where the outside of the thread comes to. From memory it should be about 5mm (I may well be wrong so please check it). If it's what they call a "pan head" screw the length will be quoted as the length of thread from the underside of the head. If it's a countersunk screw it's the whole length including the head. http://www.timco.co.uk/screw-measuring-information

Cheers, I'll give this a try tonight.

24 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Nuprol uses a 6m bolt

To bolt it to a battleship?? 😂

12 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Go to B&Q with the bolt & the drop leg 

They have a “pick n mix” area for nuts n bolts, washers etc

you will find what you need there 👍

This but make sure there is no pistol in said drop leg. May be an exciting visit if you leave it in.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't take the holster but I did take a trip to various places including my local Airsoft supply store to find that this is an m5.5 screw, and I'm not able to find this particular size.  I think the next job will be to take the holster with me like the suggestions above (Minus the pistol) and see if I can get one to fit correctly, although m5's look too skinny and m6' too fat but I may get lucky when I try one with the threads.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, raynor said:

I didn't take the holster but I did take a trip to various places including my local Airsoft supply store to find that this is an m5.5 screw, and I'm not able to find this particular size.  I think the next job will be to take the holster with me like the suggestions above (Minus the pistol) and see if I can get one to fit correctly, although m5's look too skinny and m6' too fat but I may get lucky when I try one with the threads.

5.5mm would suggest it's a #12 but they don't come in metric threads. You sure it isn't M6?

12 hours ago, Lozart said:

5.5mm would suggest it's a #12 but they don't come in metric threads. You sure it isn't M6?

based on the size guide at B&Q where you actually fit them to the size m6 would be too big. I have now managed to get the original bolt to fit with a few modifications to the drop-leg platform.

Archived