Advice on tm p90s

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Always wanted a p90 desperately after getting one second hand what’s the difference in TM HI-CYCLE.      AND TM TRIPPLE RAIL NON HI CUCLE ??? I’m very nooby when it comes to internals ect just I know I’m a huge stargate fan and am after my cosplay airsoft ideal 😂😂😂😂 but yeah any ideas what is best and reasons I’d appreciate 

The non high cycle is quite an old design, but still quite a reliable gun. 

I would still get the high cycle though. 

A high cycle gun is just a gun that has the internals upgraded a little to have a higher rate of fire. Mostly it's motor and gears that make this happen.

People love the TM high cycle because it is an out of the box solution. You don't have to make any modifications to get that high rate of fire.

You can make any gun shoot faster. And TM HC guns are not doing anything that can't be done with upgrade parts.

A basic new TM HC P90 is in the  £300 range.

A bog standard TM P90 isn't a lot cheaper £250

You can modify a cheap P90 and make it cycle fast.

The Cyma p90 is about £90. It will shoot reasonably well out of the box. (it will need a spring downgrade to 350fps. Ask the seller about this before you buy). Taiwangun will do this for free but you must ask for the service.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/free-downgrade.html

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-3/cm-060b-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

You can put an 11.1v lipo in it to instantly boost the RPS. Or you can run it on 7.4v Lipo's (recommended) and think about an internals upgrade path.

An investment of less than £100 will buy you:

13:1 gearset. £15
HT motor. £30
Shims. £5
Mosfet. £10
Upgraded bucking £10
Silver wire £10.
Deans connectors £3
Inner barrel £15

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

The upgrades do not need to be done all at once. And can be staggered. The only issue is you have to do the upgrades yourself. And it will take some research and a decent amount of technical skill to upgrade.

The most basic upgrade is the motor £30. It can be done to the gun without modifying the gearbox. That should boost the RPS significantly over the stock motor.

The Bucking can also be done without opening the gearbox. The benefit of this is relative to the Cyma bucking. If the bucking is poor then you'll see a significant boost in accuracy and range. If the stock bucking is decent the gains will be marginal. The inner barrel is a decent upgrade. A 6.03 ZCI inner barrel isn't going to break the bank, will give a slight FPS boost, and should improve the accuracy a little.

The mosfet and wire are done to protect the trigger contacts. This prolongs the life of the electronic parts of the gun. It's a nice addition but not essential if you are running 7.4v lipo batteries. You will need to know how to solder and rebuild the gearbox to install.

The Deans connectors offer a less electrically resistive battery connection. You get a very minor RPS boost from it.

The shims are essential for the gear upgrade. The two work together. A well-shimmed set of gears is quieter, and the gears themselves work with the motor to have a final outcome of about 25 RPS if done correctly and at the same time also improve trigger response. 

The TM is the better out of the box gun in all forms. The CYMA can be made as good as the stock TM (nonHC) with just the bucking, ZCI inner barrel, and a motor. (£60 investment).

The upgrade paths for most guns are similar, and since you have stated you are budget limited I would pick a cheaper base gun and do staged upgrades. You can always ask on here if you need help and advice, and it'll keep the startup costs as low as possible for you. You MUST be willing to learn, and have some basic tools to go this route And be prepared to get very frustrated when things don't go to plan on the first attempt. It takes time to learn gearbox internals.

A guy is selling a tm p90 but he says he upgraded the rate of fire for 120 is that a good deal ?

I'd need to see the advert.

If you have a link you can send it to me in a PM or post it on here.

Damn thanks for all that info dude !? My budget is 125 tbh so I’m kinda tempted by the offer of tm stock upgraded 😕 idk tho but I’ll look into Cyma also I’ve always gone asg or king arms for my past oa15 and oa16 I love them so much but that and my asg mac 10 Ingram and my unknown desert eagle is all I’ve known tbh

ASG don't actually make anything. They rebrand.

It's more than possible for the ASG to be a JG, APS or Cyma, they buy from everyone. Your Mac 10 could very well be a JG. There is nothing wrong with Chinese manufacture provided you know what you are getting. 

The only thing ASG do to them is add trades if they have the licence to do so.

My own ASG AUG A3 is actually a JG, It even has JG branded gears internally :D

Holy crap for real !?! My “asg” whatever the f it is Mac 10 Ingram aeg has had issues lately the safety is totally stuck no budge any ideas why that could be my repair guy local is away for business for a month so can’t help me 😕 you seem a knowledgable chap

I had a Cyma once but everyone told me that unless I know how to take it apart and maintain it it would last maybe 1-2 skirmish so I sold it and got a king arms so what’s the deal w Cyma as Im scared of guns that can die on me 

23 minutes ago, Raytd said:

Holy crap for real !?! My “asg” whatever the f it is Mac 10 Ingram aeg has had issues lately the safety is totally stuck no budge any ideas why that could be my repair guy local is away for business for a month so can’t help me 😕 you seem a knowledgable chap

I had a Cyma once but everyone told me that unless I know how to take it apart and maintain it it would last maybe 1-2 skirmish so I sold it and got a king arms so what’s the deal w Cyma as Im scared of guns that can die on me 

I don't know anything at all about the Mac10 internals. It runs an electric pistol gearbox and I've never felt the urge.

Safe catches run in many different ways depending on the gearbox.

The complete gearbox is about £30 + delivery.

https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/kompletni-mechabox-pro-mac-10-aep-detail

And may or may not be identical to the scorpion gearbox also £30 + delivery but from a UK seller.

https://www.airsoftworld.net/complete-jing-gong-jg-aep-scorpion-gearbox.html

As for Cyma been poor quality... They are, but also there not. There is a reason you see the Cyma AK been used as a hire gun. It's insanely durable and cheap to repair. I've had fewer issues with bog standard Cyma and JG guns, than with mostly anything with upgrades. Think built like tanks but work about as fast as well!

Cyma and JG suffer horribly from airsoft snobbery, It's a Chinese gun it's got to be shit. That's not the case most of the time, If they broke easily you would never see players using them. They just don't warrant a lot of money been spent on them unless you are keeping the gun. For resale, they will always be a Cyma or JG and will never gain value.

To put this into perspective I've had a JG MP5 that would outshoot just about anything... We ran it for years, And when we finally decided it wasn't performing well enough after several years of absolute abuse we took it to bits and the front of the gearbox fell off! Up to that point, it was absolutely flawless. And when I say abuse we ran 11.1 lipo's in it using drum mags and pretty much just burnt ammo with it. I'm not sure another manufacturer could have done the same.

Also ASG wouldn't buy them if they were crap. All ASG as a company do is add a name, and they won't put a name on something that will not survive the warranty period.

Hmm idk if I’d want to replace the gearbox last time I tried that I did more damage that good haha the Mac 10 was a cheap buy but holy sh*t it’s a beast for an aep everyone who has tried it out is always super suprised by the range and Acuracy of it best 70 bucks of my life 

The difference is that the TM will give you a high rate of fire on a simple nimh battery.

I've heard stories about some of the high cycles wearing themselves out quite quickly though.

Have no idea if this is true or not.

I get to play 2-3 times a year because of bad health so they shouldn’t break to soon for me lol with exception of if my m8 goes wen I’m ill he borrows my best kit

• Supporters

Hi rates of fire arn’t all there crackered up to be bud , I’d rather a slower firing gun that’s got range and accuracy (standard TM) than a gun with insane rates of fire that you can’t hit shit with ! 👍

Plus I’m very dubious when I see an advert for a super dooper all singing all dancing death dealing machine that’s for sale on the cheap , says to me fucked up up-grade OR someone’s telling porky pies and it was amazing once but it’s a dog ruff piece of crap now ! 😉

Yeah I get the same worries I’m looking at a 150 cyma p90 airsoft gun that’s had a motor upgrade seems fair price for what it is guy recons he has only used it a few times as a backup gun

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Raytd said:

Yeah I get the same worries I’m looking at a 150 cyma p90 airsoft gun that’s had a motor upgrade seems fair price for what it is guy recons he has only used it a few times as a backup gun

If the person claiming this has a noticeable online iD AND there’s no strife or aggro associated with there name then yea I’ll cautiously accept it (unless I know them well through the forums) but if they haven’t ? Then nope sorry not believing it .

• Supporters

@Raytd , share a link to the item in question, we'll soon tell you if it looks moody💩 or not 👍

I've been looking it over, He PM'd me the link. Looks legit. If he pulls the trigger I'm sure he'll post the link in the open after. 

I've broken the extras down to SH values and it all adds up correctly.

The gun looks very clean, No signs of wear, Only a hint of thumbing around the grips and trigger. So I suspect it is exactly as posted.

I’ll post a video of it if y’all want when I get it ?

• Supporters

The amount of serious advice (don’t happen often) we’ve all put in to it of course we do ! 😱

🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...

the cyma wanted more money so fk him anyone have opinion on this ?

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Raytd said:

anyone have opinion on this ?

It's not immediately obvious, but that was posted nearly a year ago.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

It's not immediately obvious, but that was posted nearly a year ago.

Oh ... ok then this sight needs a damn for sale sold or expired tag at the top of adverts 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Raytd said:

Oh ... ok then this sight needs a damn for sale sold or expired tag at the top of adverts 

Fair point.  The only way to know the age of that advert is that there's a comment on it.

Its true, a date would be good but either way, the first thing to do is send a private message to see if its still available...

Archived