TM FNX 45

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@Wo1f What sort of light are you using? If it's a Surefire X300 or an Streamlight TLR-1 then a Blackhawk Omnivore should do the trick.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Wo1f What sort of light are you using? If it's a Surefire X300 or an Streamlight TLR-1 then a Blackhawk Omnivore should do the trick.

Sbal-PL. I could get a new light though I suppose. 

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Sbal-PL. I could get a new light though I suppose. 

I just picked up an Olight PL2, stupidly bright (1200 lmn apparently). It was enough to dazzle me with a reflection from a white wall in daylight

CF2E319F-3A1E-4729-BE37-BA6F0F643E59.thumb.jpeg.ccf0e29103e722133a0e5c06ebad5c11.jpeg

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I just picked up an Olight PL2, stupidly bright (1200 lmn apparently). It was enough to dazzle me with a reflection from a white wall in daylight

CF2E319F-3A1E-4729-BE37-BA6F0F643E59.thumb.jpeg.ccf0e29103e722133a0e5c06ebad5c11.jpeg

I’ve been looking at the Olight range. If I can get a holster for it, that’s what I’m leaning towards. 

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve been looking at the Olight range. If I can get a holster for it, that’s what I’m leaning towards. 

It’s VERY similar in size and shape to the Surefire X300, I can get you exact dimensions if it helps?

31 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’s VERY similar in size and shape to the Surefire X300, I can get you exact dimensions if it helps?

If it’s not too much trouble that’d be great 👍

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

If it’s not too much trouble that’d be great 👍

Total Length, including switch

91570F05-68B5-49C1-8324-DED09AE772EA.thumb.jpeg.89fd486e07c47ee150734096c9dd9e2f.jpeg

Length from front to trigger guard

90F975D2-9642-48B9-9452-58EDCE233B16.thumb.jpeg.0309a919756b2094fd66ff3c9beaa675.jpeg

Width

69FF817B-29F0-4AB7-896D-117A008B3EA3.thumb.jpeg.598bc22d78cda2cea55d18ee59ba0978.jpeg

Length from mount block rear to front

D1A87D6A-A569-4064-91AB-C2B4316BB163.thumb.jpeg.d93f1131a270e236cb256479fa6d1179.jpeg

Total Height

43C5E490-6E0D-42F9-9807-B2FD6829D5D6.thumb.jpeg.ece2baf7b544a7d0a60c78708a0cc980.jpeg

Height from top of mount block

D27A15FD-C0A3-4154-8585-8E96E3A9A936.thumb.jpeg.7cf281b2b9dbade6d34c5568dae37cb4.jpeg

Diameter of lens

E0C32703-0BB5-447D-BA65-FA3202900BD4.thumb.jpeg.53c586125520fa85841d2ba2799c9351.jpeg

Length of lens

7D3810D7-3676-4E31-8180-3E58482F4BDB.thumb.jpeg.873eb67a920b6838cdf3aec11acfe8f2.jpeg

The Night Evolutions available on the Bay for 30 quid from China are Surefire clones and pretty good for the money. Probably the same size since it will fit the Nuprol Glock light bearing holster.

I have no problems with mine.

I'd go for the Omnivore universal , even though it is belt loop and paddle only.

Doesn't work with the Serpa molle adaptor or low ride attachment, apparently. Different screw sizes and thread pitch.

Still seems like the best option though. And there is enough room inside to stop it from scratching the slide and frame of the gun.

You can also get it with tan highlights to match the colour of the FNX45. Which is nice.😁

I will be getting one myself. An Omnivore that is. I'm tired of having to have different holsters for different pistols. The Omnivore isn't cheap but it works out cheaper in the end. And they also do a universal one for non light bearing guns which have rails.

One of each and you can get rid of all your other holsters and avoid some of those unsightly scratches on your guns. 

That’s perfect. I’ve had a good google and it seems like the general consensus is it’s should fit in most Surefire 300 holsters

• 3 weeks later...

My FNX 45 arrived today and I'm really impressed. It's a tough call between it and my H&K 45T but it does feel bloody nice in the hand! I ended up changing the back strap for the medium with the straight lines as apposed to the 'stippled' one.

I was disappointed to see that the red dot sight mount appears to be specific to the TM micro sight? I might be wrong there, but I certainly can't see a way to securely mount my Vortex Viper red dot which I'm pretty gutted about... Any ideas chaps? 😔 

As for a holster I'm currently waiting on 'Kydex Customs' which are making me one that will work with my Olight PL2.

I messaged them and asked them whether they could, to which they replied yes and I've just had to send my torch to them so I assume they can mould around it.

I will get some photos up when the holster is made 2-3 week wait, but they're making one for my H&K also again with the Olight. 👍🏻 

5 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

was disappointed to see that the red dot sight mount appears to be specific to the TM micro sight? I might be wrong there, but I certainly can't see a way to securely mount my Vortex Viper red dot which I'm pretty gutted about... Any ideas chaps? 😔 

@Dan1712

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

My FNX 45 arrived today and I'm really impressed. It's a tough call between it and my H&K 45T but it does feel bloody nice in the hand! I ended up changing the back strap for the medium with the straight lines as apposed to the 'stippled' one.

I was disappointed to see that the red dot sight mount appears to be specific to the TM micro sight? I might be wrong there, but I certainly can't see a way to securely mount my Vortex Viper red dot which I'm pretty gutted about... Any ideas chaps? 😔 

As for a holster I'm currently waiting on 'Kydex Customs' which are making me one that will work with my Olight PL2.

I messaged them and asked them whether they could, to which they replied yes and I've just had to send my torch to them so I assume they can mould around it.

I will get some photos up when the holster is made 2-3 week wait, but they're making one for my H&K also again with the Olight. 👍🏻 

Depending on your mount for your viper sight you should be able to modify it pretty easily, It took me around 20 mins to custom modify the mount for my RMR to bolt to the FNX and be very secure. (it may not be the prettiest or best solution but it seems to work perfectly for me :) ).  PM me if you'd like me to see if I can help :)👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2019 at 20:03, emilianoksa said:

I'd go for the Omnivore universal , even though it is belt loop and paddle only.

Doesn't work with the Serpa molle adaptor or low ride attachment, apparently. Different screw sizes and thread pitch.

@emilianoksa sorry for the late reply but the Omnivore does have other mounting options. Mine is set up on a G-Code Mule using the mount adaptor Tactical Kit offer.

@emilianoksa the SERPA version of this (https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/g-code-rti-adaptor-kit-for-blackhawk-serpa--safariland-6004-type-holsters-21460-p.asp) screws onto the back of your holster (no mods required) and then its compatible with the RTI mounting plates G-Code use. 

As a side note the omnivore should already be compatible with any Serpa mounts. 

Blatant show-off post.

On a related note, a trijicon genuine RMR will not fit the FNX without modification. It looks like there are 2 centre punch marks on the 'L' bits that align with the mounting holes on the RMR. However it would need either a spacer plate making up or the mounts grinding back flush. Either way you'd still need to tap and drill holes for the mounting screws.

20190727_180948.jpg

29 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Blatant show-off post.

On a related note, a trijicon genuine RMR will not fit the FNX without modification. It looks like there are 2 centre punch marks on the 'L' bits that align with the mounting holes on the RMR. However it would need either a spacer plate making up or the mounts grinding back flush. Either way you'd still need to tap and drill holes for the mounting screws.

20190727_180948.jpg

Yup. The pot metal (zinc-aluminium alloy) means it’s almost impossible to tap threads into the BBU, just ask @Dan1712

6 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Blatant show-off post.

20190727_180948.jpg

Advanced issues found

6 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yup. The pot metal (zinc-aluminium alloy) means it’s almost impossible to tap threads into the BBU, just ask @Dan1712

Drilling and tapping the crappy metal the bbu is made out of is very hard if not impossible I found. it didn`t come out the other side looking too great 🙈

It is definetly possible (or how would TM do it XD) but doing it by hand is definetly not easy at all.

Soooooo

Anyone got any reccomendations on how to gas the mags given that the cans of abbey 144 I just tried all bottom out on the base plate?

Ideally I'm looking for a shorter baseplate option. Currently trimmed down the plates a bit with a scalpel but it looks bork.

On 28/07/2019 at 01:47, hunter511 said:

@Dan1712 so.. how would 1 go about mounting an rmr?

Apologies have been away h past few days so I missed this 

Are you trying to mount an actual RMR or a dr style sight?

If your trying to use an RMR then its quite easy, I started with the Glock mount that came with my sight and ground off the rectangle part that mounts it to the Glock, I then cut the plate down to the sight was just at the front of the sight cut out on the fnx already. Lastly drilled two holes to line up with the threads already in the bbu and countersunk them and that's it all done. id say all in took about half an hours work and looks awesome.

Excuse the self vector promotion its the only pic I have on the pc of the fnx :) t3zmvizzuhb31.jpg

17 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Gratuitous pistol pic

5BBCBCC6-451C-4C97-B33F-B4FD35841893.thumb.jpeg.389343c80069fd9cdcff54e714fa0f43.jpeg

Show off with probably the only black TM FNX out there 😂

Archived