TM FNX 45

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing to do is to get hands on and see how the ergonomics fit. 
For me, I love the HK45. I have two which I use for dual wield in CQB.  I prefer their mag release and the slide release is longer and easier to use.
All down to what you're looking for, I guess...

I loved my VFC FNX. It’s a very large pistol but it’s a comfortable grip. I really like the styling of it too. 

What i prefer on the HK45 is the mag release. I’ve always preferred the HK release either side of the trigger guard. Grip is more comfy and contoured to the hand, but the FNX has more physical grip. (At least the VFC one anyway. The chequering was very defined) 

• Supporters

Didn’t know what it looked like so followed my good friend fragy’s link and all I can say really is ?

85D70F20-343D-453D-9280-4D6E2C3EB1EF.jpeg

@Druid799 I must admit, I'm not a fan either to be honest. There's just something about it... maybe it's the whole sports car and lines argument? If that makes sense?

Admittedly it may look like it's been involved in a 10 car pile up but if it's comfortable in the grip and shooting style it's a case of each unto their own... at least this is what I tell myself every time I see a Glock... Apologies for going slightly off topic here but I can't help but think of Kryten from Red Dwarf being fed into the garbage compactor every time I see a Glock 😂

Kryten after the garbage compactor.

• Supporters

see it'd be a nice looking gun if it had a flush barrel, always was my problem with the fnx's.

i just wish tm would come out with something russian, we need an mp-443 in our lives.

• Supporters

First thought that went through my mind when I saw it was “wonder how many times you need to pump the trigger to make the water squirt out !” 😳

On 21/06/2019 at 21:19, Wo1f said:

I loved my VFC FNX. It’s a very large pistol but it’s a comfortable grip. I really like the styling of it too. 

What i prefer on the HK45 is the mag release. I’ve always preferred the HK release either side of the trigger guard. Grip is more comfy and contoured to the hand, but the FNX has more physical grip. (At least the VFC one anyway. The chequering was very defined) 

Why, if I might ask, did you move it on? Difficulty of getting parts? Price of mags?

What have you been using as an alternative?

Do you intend to try the TM version of the FNX45?

20 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Why, if I might ask, did you move it on? Difficulty of getting parts? Price of mags?

What have you been using as an alternative?

Do you intend to try the TM version of the FNX45?

Practicality purposes. I have 5 mags for my TM G18c and had 2 for my FNX. I couldn’t justify £45 for mags, knowing the TM would come out and be much cheaper in terms of mags. Performance wise it was amazing. With a bucking and I key it was shooting at AEG ranges. 

Im debating the FNX or something HK from Tm next. Probably going to wait until I see some light bearing holster options. 

IMG_20190626_130919.jpg

My FNX feels very solid but then so does my Glock 17 and my 226. It's got a better internal system (same as HK45 and the G19) but I wouldn't say the externals are better/worse. Just standard good quality TM.

3 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

IMG_20190626_130919.jpg

My FNX feels very solid but then so does my Glock 17 and my 226. It's got a better internal system (same as HK45 and the G19) but I wouldn't say the externals are better/worse. Just standard good quality TM.

Well it certainly looks less like ABS than the Marui Glocks.

In your photo it could pass for quality polymer and metal.

Or is it just that coloured slides and frames look better than black ones?

Bloke in the trade on an American forum reckons TM started using better types of plastics than ABS in their later guns.

Whether that is true or not, I have no idea.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm thinking this rather than a TM HiCapa DOR.

Especially given how much I liked my mates FNX, was just put off by 1) "cybergun", 2) blingy silver mags, 3) said mags being apparently manufactured from a combo of hen's teeth, unicorn poop and unobtanium to judge by the price and availability. Also helps that the RMR mount looks a LOT better on the FNX than the DOR's incredibly goofy looking mount. On a related note is there any info on whether the TM FNX mount plays nice with RS RMR's, the M&P 9 performance centre certainly doesn't.

21 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm thinking this rather than a TM HiCapa DOR.

Especially given how much I liked my mates FNX, was just put off by 1) "cybergun", 2) blingy silver mags, 3) said mags being apparently manufactured from a combo of hen's teeth, unicorn poop and unobtanium to judge by the price and availability. Also helps that the RMR mount looks a LOT better on the FNX than the DOR's incredibly goofy looking mount. On a related note is there any info on whether the TM FNX mount plays nice with RS RMR's, the M&P 9 performance centre certainly doesn't.

I can tell you the DOR is a great target pistol, the FNX will have the same mounting points as the DOR, so will fit a TM sight, or a Sig Sauer Romeo3. Don’t think anything else has same mounting holes

Yeah. Just wish they'd thought to put a railed lower frame on the DOR rather than the legacy 'Capa punch holes in your new gun approach which looks bork when fitted IMO. 

The more I think about it the more the FNX looks like a better choice as a skirmishable pistol.... Plus I'll not get tempted to impulse buy a £350 gunsmithbros kit for the FNX unlike the HiCapa which tends to have far too much shiny stuff available.

What on earth is the point of a silencer on a gbb? I would be surprised if they actually reduced sound noticeably.

A tracer unit yes, because it aids target acquisition, but a silencer?

And they aren't exactly cheap.

What is the point of getting a pistol for it's usefulness in cqb, and then adding five inches to the barrel? You might as well get a submachine gun, or run a sub carbine rifle. 

14 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

What on earth is the point of a silencer on a gbb? I would be surprised if they actually reduced sound noticeably.

A tracer unit yes, because it aids target acquisition, but a silencer?

And they aren't exactly cheap.

What is the point of getting a pistol for it's usefulness in cqb, and then adding five inches to the barrel? You might as well get a submachine gun, or run a sub carbine rifle. 

Some will say it makes a difference, it doesn't enough to bother. On a side note they use a very solid closed cell foam in them which doesn't help. It does look cool .You could always use it to cover an extended barrel I suppose. They are a nice alternative smaller suppressor for the mk23 but worth changing the afore mentioned stock foam. 

Bit the bullet and ordered one. Any recommendations for holsters? Preferably light bearing. 

Archived