Anyone with a Browning Hi-Power?

EDcase
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Might sound strange but can someone with the WE Browning Hi-Power (1935) post a couple of pics looking under the rear sight.

Reason being that I'm getting sick of waiting for the new MK3 version and considering getting the 1935 Mk1 and cutting the rear sight down to make it look like a MK3.

Just need to make sure there's enough material under there...

@Druid799: I remember you said you did this conversion.  Can you give any more info about the bit you had to fill?

Cheers,

ED

EDIT: NVM, found a pic and it doesn't look good :(

Looks like I'll keep waiting...

18-we-browning-m1935-take3-009-copy.jpg

It was supposed to be out last February.

The Mk3 looks nice. As far as I know it is identical to the other one internally.

I have always considered the Browning to be a better looking gun than the 1911.

I think you are wise to wait.

3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

It was supposed to be out last February.

The Mk3 looks nice. As far as I know it is identical to the other one internally.

I have always considered the Browning to be a better looking gun than the 1911.

I think you are wise to wait.

Yeah, I've been waiting excitedly since January when I first heard about it then Feb rolls by and nothing.  No news. I do wonder whats holding it up...

I know its got the same hop as the old one but I can live with that.

Considering it was the most popular 9mm pistol in the world for some years I'm surprised other companies haven't made one.

Its painful to wait with no news 😥

• Supporters

My browning I did mod as you say , don’t know what slide that is but it’s not a WE (well not like mine any way) so I removed the leaf sight arm , ground down the base of the sight which did leave a hole in the top of the receiver , i then took the flat spring out of the sight arm laid it over the hole and epoxy’ed it in place (the top of the receiver was quite scored from grinding , I left it like this so the glue would grip better) over the hole . I built up this area of the receiver with mil-putty and used the sight block cut from the top of the sight arm for the fixed rear sight . Once properly dried , sand and paint , job done ! 👍

Cheers for that Druid.

I'll keep that as a last resort.

Hopefully the Mk3 will be available soon...............................😕

17 hours ago, EDcase said:

Considering it was the most popular 9mm pistol in the world for some years I'm surprised other companies haven't made one.

Tanaka did. WE IIRC just literally cloned there's and made it out of metal. Sadly they didn't however think to clone the upgraded version with the adjustable hop.....

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Tanaka one but it was stupidly expensive (especially being plastic) and not around for long.

There's also a Umarex Co2 version but non-blowback, plastic and around 400fps  😲

Archived