Battle Sector X (Indoor CQB) Kent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ll start off by saying this site is mainly used for laser tag however they do a Tuesday night 7pm-10pm Airsoft game. 

This was my first taste of indoor CQB, myself and my brother decided to go and have a nosey, I was using my TM CQBR and my brother was using my G&G warthog, there was a mandatory chrono with game weight on both primary’s and pistols with everyone’s results written down as well as their weapon type. 

Being CQB naturally it was semi only and they had a 6ft engagement rule where under 6ft you had to tap out the enemy player (basically a bang rule) a rule which I understand however don’t agree with. 

The safe zone is their main reception and what appeared to be their briefing room/party room. The staff were really friendly and as new players to the site were really helpful and clear on how they ran their games, we had to sign disclaimers and they went through a safety brief which was nice and quick (probably the shortest safety brief I’ve heard) but it went over everything necessary. With enough tables for everyone and their gear as well as seating, we even managed to bag a pair of sofas to recline onto.

For a 3 hour evening game the walk on was £15 and that dropped to £10 if you were a member of their club. Not a bad price considering their overheads and the number of players. 

An on site shop stocked Nuprol BBs and gas at very reasonable prices £10 for nuprol 2.0 (green) and I expect they probably had eye pro or face masks incase someone forgets as well as some more niche products such as a DTD MK23 holster I saw being purchased. 

The building is situated in the Medway City Estate just outside of Strood/Rochester/Chatham and is really easy to access from the M2 there’s ample parking

With twelve players in total which for the size of the site was more than enough, the actual game area itself is unlit apart from multicoloured lasers and a light show (laser tag with Bbs is how I would describe it) they at some points even had music playing on the speakers which was cool. With an area of probably 300sqft with lots of cover and some points have little windows to shoot from and others have Perspex which made it hard to discern if you were about to shoot someone or Perspex.

In the game area was a central tower which was only accessible from one side (they are working on this however not finished as of June 2019) and three little “tunnels” which could be used to sneak round the back (these proved invaluable when playing certain game modes as these were choke points for flankers).

Marshalling was very helpful and a good approach they allowed the players to get on and play without nannying, they also had someone watching their cameras which cover the whole gaming area watching for any infractions. 

A variety of games were played; standard Team Deathmatch, infection, a capture and hold game with a stack of cones and then capture the HVT. Yes it was what I assume most would call speedsoft but I didn’t see anyone not taking hits or sprinting round with race pistols (shame). 

The other players; I recognised some of the other players from other sites such as Apocalypse Airsoft, some I found out only really go to that site and everyone was really friendly as far as I’m aware there were no issues in game. There was a small situation of a BB shattering on someone’s mesh eye pro (why I’ll never wear mesh) however the staff handled it perfectly and luckily no damage was done. 

Throughout the evening was a prize if you were shot in the nuts and as far as I’m aware no one managed to win that (I believe the reward was a patch or badge). 

They mentioned they also run an outdoor site in the area I hadn’t heard of and they’re ran Saturdays and some Tuesday nights (Bio BBs only). 

Conclusion; I would return again, only things I would change at the site are the fact you can only reach the tower from one side (they’re working on that) and possibly turn the music up or on during all games. The rest of the things I would change are personal, I broke the pressure switch for my torch when setting up so I lost that advantage and I would have liked to have either night sights or tracers.

I have been following this lot on FB for a while. The owner likes to post a lot of “interesting” topics which lack a bit of professionalism. 

The outdoor site is called “Land of mines” and looks like an open grass field with some drinks pallets strewn around. Pretty new so I am keeping tabs on it.

5 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I have been following this lot on FB for a while. The owner likes to post a lot of “interesting” topics which lack a bit of professionalism. 

The outdoor site is called “Land of mines” and looks like an open grass field with some drinks pallets strewn around. Pretty new so I am keeping tabs on it.

I had seen it as a recommended page on FB and decided to have a look, with it being so close to home I felt it rude not to at least go over there. 

Yeah they described the Land Of Mines site and to be honest it seems like something I wouldn't be interested in, they only have access during the summer and it seems too small for me to be able to get the M40 out however they did say they ran night games there which could make it a little more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Played there many times myself. And simply cant bring myself to go any more. Why?

The arena is just too small, and too compact. This has only become recent. As back when it first opened to airsoft. It was much more open. And easier to traverse around, albeit less cover. But as of now you easily get bogged down in the same spots in basically every game mode. This just makes it rather dull. As soon as you make a decent flanking move, your basically in the enemies spawn. Some game modes you can just push up and camp, or when said is being done to you, it gets rather irritating very quickly.

Gavin went from pistols only, to shot guns and pistols, and then he started to allow 'SMG's', but people started bringing full all sorts of M4's and the likes. Granted they have different weeks of Pistols and shottys to every thing. It can get a bit OTT specially when some one brings a grenade launcher into the arena, and I have taken a good hit from a 40mm shell. Or just over killed with a decently set up M4. I personally feel It should stay Pistols and shottys only for the above reason, and keep every one on a level playing field.

Seen it a few times when his "player marshals" get argumentative with other players in the past. Not very marshal like. 

Played on a few days where it was just too many people in that cramped space. It gets crazy some times. But granted numbers are now being limited.

If BSX where a bigger arena, (I mean much bigger). I would probably find it far more enjoyable. 

These are just my two cents.

22 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Played there many times myself. And simply cant bring myself to go any more. Why?

The arena is just too small, and too compact. This has only become recent. As back when it first opened to airsoft. It was much more open. And easier to traverse around, albeit less cover. But as of now you easily get bogged down in the same spots in basically every game mode. This just makes it rather dull. As soon as you make a decent flanking move, your basically in the enemies spawn. Some game modes you can just push up and camp, or when said is being done to you, it gets rather irritating very quickly.

Gavin went from pistols only, to shot guns and pistols, and then he started to allow 'SMG's', but people started bringing full all sorts of M4's and the likes. Granted they have different weeks of Pistols and shottys to every thing. It can get a bit OTT specially when some one brings a grenade launcher into the arena, and I have taken a good hit from a 40mm shell. Or just over killed with a decently set up M4. I personally feel It should stay Pistols and shottys only for the above reason, and keep every one on a level playing field.

Seen it a few times when his "player marshals" get argumentative with other players in the past. Not very marshal like. 

Played on a few days where it was just too many people in that cramped space. It gets crazy some times. But granted numbers are now being limited.

If BSX where a bigger arena, (I mean much bigger). I would probably find it far more enjoyable. 

These are just my two cents.

How big (Or small) is it compared to Bunker 51?

8 hours ago, Asomodai said:

How big (Or small) is it compared to Bunker 51?

Never played at bunker 51. But BSX is very small.

Sounds like blitz at Whitechapel... Was an incredibly designed arena (looked like a movie set on the outside), but it was tiny. Was certainly worth a visit at least once. But I wouldn't have gone back regularly for the same reasons as Ciyper above. I could see the novelty wear off, as choke points were formed and regulars realised if you stood at point A you had a clear run to hold a certain area etc.

Archived