WE/Umarex HK G3 GBB

Super64
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

KY Airsoft have started taking deposits for the WE G3 GBB which they say will be fully trademarked under licence by Umarex. According to their Facebook page they say they’ll be getting stock in next week. I wonder who’ll be first in the U.K. to start stocking it and when that will be?

https://www.kyairsoft.com/deposit-h-k-g3-gbb-rifle.html

Guest Yukarin

WE-Tech, oh boy. Enjoy having to do hundreds of mods and aftermarket parts to get it to actually perform. Wish TM would bring their ZET system to other platforms, what I'd do to get my WE L85 fitted with a TM system.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
13 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

WE-Tech, oh boy. Enjoy having to do hundreds of mods and aftermarket parts to get it to actually perform. Wish TM would bring their ZET system to other platforms, what I'd do to get my WE L85 fitted with a TM system.

What's living in 2010 like?

E: Flippant reply, my apologies and I blame a long meeting... But WE RIFs have come on pretty significantly such that you don't really need to mod them nearly as much as you'd used to. I'd certainly pick any of the WE MP5 series over their VFC counterparts for example. A lot has changed since they came out with the shite M14, closed-bolt M4s etc.

Guest Yukarin
1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

What's living in 2010 like?

Well just like in 2019, WE is still hot garbage.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
26 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Well just like in 2019, WE is still hot garbage.

See my edit :)

There's a vast gulf in what you describe and their current performance, but I'm sure you know that

Guest Yukarin
2 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

See my edit :)

There's a vast gulf in what you describe and their current performance, but I'm sure you know that

I see your edit, sorry this escalated, anyhow, they've been shit for years, and while i agree they've made progress (I have WE RIFs myself) its taken them this long for that little progress? Most still have many problems and parts that fail every few thousand rounds. My WE L85 is only alive because I've modded the hell out of the bolt assembly and barrel assembly.

22 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

I see your edit, sorry this escalated, anyhow, they've been shit for years, and while i agree they've made progress (I have WE RIFs myself) its taken them this long for that little progress? Most still have many problems and parts that fail every few thousand rounds. My WE L85 is only alive because I've modded the hell out of the bolt assembly and barrel assembly.

I have found most issues stem from people trying to "upgrade" them. Sure there are some models that were not great but many of the WE rifles are actually very good as long as you don't try to ratech them .

Ratech parts are actually the weak point in pretty much all models except the M14 

Archived