Looking to buy sniper in Kent uk

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Title said it all I’m looking for asniper second hand or new i don’t care but here is the thing I don’t know what to look for my dad was in love with my old cheap SRC bolt action r700 I think it is but it doesn’t work and it’s not worth fixing I’ve been told and I’d like to buy him a new one we can share 

so 

1 what is a good brand that is unlikely to break or damage easy I want long lasting rugged 

2 prices ? 

3 anyone selling? 

4 I may buy sidearm also if very good price 

thanks all

• Supporters

This one works really well ; Link2

or this one here Link

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

This one works really well ; Link2

or this one here Link

No spoonfeeding _ 4chan _ Know Your Meme.jpg

Most sites in the area won’t allow you to use a sniper rifle unless you’re carrying a sidearm (for those within MED engagements) just bear that in mind. 

If you want something based off of the R700/Remington/M24 design get a VSR10 if you buy one new you will have to upgrade it to make it a viable gun in the sniper realms, if you buy used/secondhand you have the gamble of it not working properly/not being as described. 

Another option is a clone of a VSR such as the Cyma 701 (skirmshop uk stock them) which is £70 cheaper than the VSR. Or if you wanted to spend a lot more money get yourself on the waiting list for an SSG however yes out of the box the SSG will perform better than a VSR but for the same price as the SSG without modifications you can build a VSR which will walk absolutely all over it. 

If you did want want to try a different platform than the M24/R700 there is the Silverback SRS which most seem to believe to be the best out of the box gun you can purchase currently, but that comes at a price tag (like everything) one I would definitely try before you buy due to the bullpup design it can be quite an awkward weapon especially in mag changes. 

I personally wouldn’t purchase a secondhand gun which has been “upgraded” or modified as you don’t know actually what parts are inside and how worn/broken they are already. 

Damn thanks for the above info that’s quite allot I have an asg mac10 aeg it’s fantastic with surprising performance! I use that as a side arm on a very short sling worked wonders in the past 

Asg zastava m70 with bipod and scope and fake wood stock in good condition 

is that a good gun for 70 pound ? 

Interesting to be honest my dad doesn’t play an aweful lot and I have a good aeg I use mostly not looking for upgradeable just can shoot straight and won’t break the bank

26 minutes ago, Raytd said:

Damn thanks for the above info that’s quite allot I have an asg mac10 aeg it’s fantastic with surprising performance! I use that as a side arm on a very short sling worked wonders in the past 

Asg zastava m70 with bipod and scope and fake wood stock in good condition 

is that a good gun for 70 pound ? 

I would avoid anything overly cheap, the reason you see a lot of sniper rifles for sale used is because it can be a very boring an unrewarding play style, a cheap non upgraded gun will be less accurate and more difficult to play with than a standard starter AEG

1 hour ago, Raytd said:

Interesting to be honest my dad doesn’t play an aweful lot and I have a good aeg I use mostly not looking for upgradeable just can shoot straight and won’t break the bank

Not many snipers come "sniper use ready" out the box so upgradable really is a must. Otherwise it's a bolt action AEG so poor papa would be massively outgunned.

Lol trust me first skirmish we ever went on he simply took a 30 pound spring pistol w plenary of ammo wore jeans and a navy blue coat walked home with a 28 kill streak he is an ambush master 😂 I got max of 4kills in one life and I had an aeg lool maybe upgrading the broken one would be better ? 

I have a well mb03 vsr11 but it broke about a year ago it won’t feed pellets I tried new mags ect but apparently it’s trash could that be rebuilt with high end parts ?

6 minutes ago, Raytd said:

Lol trust me first skirmish we ever went on he simply took a 30 pound spring pistol w plenary of ammo wore jeans and a navy blue coat walked home with a 28 kill streak he is an ambush master 😂 I got max of 4kills in one life and I had an aeg lool maybe upgrading the broken one would be better ? 

Would depend what upgrade parts are available, if there are very few your best bet is spend £250 buying a cyma 701 and £140 putting in some upgrades. 

Ahh I understand :( problem is I’m unemployed due to illness and don’t get benifits because the chavs have stollen them all from people who need it lol so money is a huge issue for me 

30 minutes ago, Raytd said:

Ahh I understand :( problem is I’m unemployed due to illness and don’t get benifits because the chavs have stollen them all from people who need it lol so money is a huge issue for me 

Understandable and the hobby is quite expensive, my advice is when you can afford it purchase the CYMA then get the upgrades when you can afford them but don’t expect in the meantime the stock rifle to shoot anywhere near as well as anyone else’s who have spent the time and money building theirs.

i spent £300 for my gas M40 which was known as one of the best gas sniper rifles out of the box, I’ve spent the same amount getting it to the performance it is now, Airsoft sniper rifles are very expensive and I would say it is the most expensive way to Airsoft. 

Fair enough I will always recommend king arms for the m4 series because how hard they are to break many seem to like the ka brand what do you guys think of them ? Also asg mac10 Ingram aeg is surprisingly amazing 

Archived