Grip tape

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking mainly about the pre-cut tape used on hi capas, but I suppose it could be used on other guns.

It comes in different grit grades, like sandpaper, and I just wondered what it is: is it in fact some kind of emery or wet and dry paper with a polyurethene coating, or is it actually a plastic sheet that has been given a stippled effect?

If fitting one to a TM 5.1 does the TM grip have to be sanded down first , or is it just  a direct fit onto the Marui grip with no preparation apart from a wipe down to remove finger prints needed?

Are there any recommended brands for this stuff?

Grip tape can mean many things

Skate board grip tape (or even step safety grip tape) is a sheet of glasspaper/sandpaper type material 

I wouldn’t fancy using that kind of grip tape on a hand grip, paper/fabric based tape such as racquet grip tapes are a roll of tape to stick on

A pistol grip etc could be stippled plastic, a rubber with or without a ridged or stipple pattern

The world is your oyster

The skate board style pre-cut grip tape is designed to stick on a flat surface . Grips like this.Image result for hi capa metal grip

Personally I'd just buy skate board grip tape and cut my own. Roofies used to do some cool graphic grips.

Archived