Transporting an airsoft replica from EU to the UK

robis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there,

I'm a student at a university here in the UK, but I am not a UK national. I play airsoft in Romania quite often and I was wondering what will it take for me to bring my replicas in the UK.

Will I need to get the UKARA membership/number? Or can I just bring them over with a written explanation from the club that I am playing with that I am an airsoft player in my country?

5 hours ago, robis said:

Hello there,

I'm a student at a university here in the UK, but I am not a UK national. I play airsoft in Romania quite often and I was wondering what will it take for me to bring my replicas in the UK.

Will I need to get the UKARA membership/number? Or can I just bring them over with a written explanation from the club that I am playing with that I am an airsoft player in my country?

We can’t answer that

There have been a few threads on this question.

UKARA is not a legal requirement, but is an industry scheme.

UKARA details would be recognised and accepted on arrival

However unless one of the previous posters feeds back then your question needs to go to Border Force as to whether they would accept you as an existing player bringing their gear to play.

A compromise is to paint your RIFs yourself in one of the approved colours, but then that could be messy and require you to use a paint that can be cleaned off at a later date 

21 hours ago, Tommikka said:

However unless one of the previous posters feeds back then your question needs to go to Border Force as to whether they would accept you as an existing player bringing their gear to play.

Well, let's just hope someone does, right? Thanks for the info though!

Archived