Gratuitous grin after dipping into tech.

Stevo4345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m sporting the shit eating grin of a bloke who has messed with his air soft gun, and didn’t break it!

After receiving a goody box from @Monty last week I built up an alternative hop & barrel configuration for the Specna SA-E04. I didn’t want to mess with the original 260 mm approx barrel and hop up, so built up a 370 mm approx polished barrel, pro win cmc hop up unit, purple prommy bucking and Black Water silencer to cover the fair amount of inner barrel stick up. Also dropped in a ZVI M100 spring.

Everything fit, no feed problems on semi or full auto with either the stock mid caps or Nuprol HiCap. Will only take minutes to swap out at the next outing to check accuracy and chrono readings. 

Feeling pretty damn pleased with myself and just wanted to crow about it!

Might look for a cheap V2 gearbox to take apart just to see how it all goes together.

14 hours ago, Stevo4345 said:

I’m sporting the shit eating grin of a bloke who has messed with his air soft gun, and didn’t break it!

After receiving a goody box from @Monty last week I built up an alternative hop & barrel configuration for the Specna SA-E04. I didn’t want to mess with the original 260 mm approx barrel and hop up, so built up a 370 mm approx polished barrel, pro win cmc hop up unit, purple prommy bucking and Black Water silencer to cover the fair amount of inner barrel stick up. Also dropped in a ZVI M100 spring.

Everything fit, no feed problems on semi or full auto with either the stock mid caps or Nuprol HiCap. Will only take minutes to swap out at the next outing to check accuracy and chrono readings. 

Feeling pretty damn pleased with myself and just wanted to crow about it!

Might look for a cheap V2 gearbox to take apart just to see how it all goes together.

Did you match the cylinder to the new barrel length? 😉

34 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Did you match the cylinder to the new barrel length? 😉

Nope, the original barrel and hop up are back in. I know that once you start changing barrel lengths you also need to balance the cylinder stroke volume, that kind of black magic sorcery is further down the road for me. Main goal was to check if the prowin would fit in the specna chassis, but didn't want to disturb the original barrel/bucking/hop up. The longer barrel was the only one to hand so in it went temporarily.

Need to get a chrono to be able to measure effects before getting any deeper into it, but I do enjoy the tinkering. One little change I made was to the bolt release catch, on the specna it doesn't do anything, and it was pretty loose (they are built to a budget). Rattled like a half full hicap though so just padded out the tabs with some heat shrink and its nice and tight and rattle free now. It's a tiny little thing but surprisingly pleasing to have figured out a simple solution to it.

I think I'll be getting a V2 gearbox so I can take it to bits and experiment without risking the original to start with. There's definitely a lot to learn.

Archived