350-400 fps Build

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently i have a downgraded Phantom Mk 5 Shooting 310 with .25 bbs. I have bought a M110 spring. I am looking to improve the overall performance of my gun 

But apart from changing the spring i am useless. 

I would like to have fast trigger response for trigger finger ect.

reasonable range around 380fps

A reasonable rate of fire nothing to fast but maybe 8-10 a second (faster than what it is now which is like 4-5)

I need this is so i can buy the parts myself and my site builds the gun with the parts i buy and the site don't tell me what to buy.

So i hope you guy can give me a hand. 

Site links or part names would be great

Thanks in advance

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
27 minutes ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

Currently i have a downgraded Phantom Mk 5 Shooting 310 with .25 bbs. I have bought a M110 spring. I am looking to improve the overall performance of my gun 

But apart from changing the spring i am useless. 

I would like to have fast trigger response for trigger finger ect.

reasonable range around 380fps

A reasonable rate of fire nothing to fast but maybe 8-10 a second (faster than what it is now which is like 4-5)

I need this is so i can buy the parts myself and my site builds the gun with the parts i buy and the site don't tell me what to buy.

So i hope you guy can give me a hand. 

Site links or part names would be great

Thanks in advance

First off, unless you're planning on locking it to semi only you're trying to build something that is not legal and most likely over your sites limit.

As for trigger response, get a decent mosfet in there (like a Gate Titan).

As for anything else, if the people building it aren't prepared to recommend the parts or even just build it to the spec you request then I wouldn't actually trust them to do it right anyway.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

If i build it over 350fps with .2s when i shoot .25s the surely it will be under 350 will it not?

That's not how it works.

Your site will (should) chrono your guns to meet their site limits (both of the ones you've listed - NTAC and Dirty Dog - have a site limit of 350 FPS). That site limit will be measured with 0.2g BBs which is 1.13 Joules muzzle energy. |If your gun is firing at 350 FPS with 0.25g BBs that pushes it up to 1.42 Joules which is not only over your sites rules but is also over the 1.3Joules LEGAL limit and makes it a Section 5 Firearm.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

If i build it over 350fps with .2s when i shoot .25s the surely it will be under 350 will it not?

any other ideas with regards to a motor ?

and if you use .48's it's a mere 250fps, it's still above the limit.

the limits are kinetic energy, not bb velocity, even if it's quoted as velocity on x weight of bb.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

okay thanks guys i had no idea, i am just regurgitating what people have told me on site, so lets rephrase it to 350 what will i need?

If you're getting 310 on a 0.25 then you're already about as close as you want to be to allow for any variances on the day (you're firing at around 346FPS on a 0.2g BB). That M110 spring may well push you over the limit.

As for trigger response, I'd say get a Gate Titan in there. Maybe a decent high torque motor like an SHS/Rocket Arms one https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/motors-parts/ra-high-torque-motor-long

As Trig says though, I'd find a decent tech, I'm not convinced about the ones on your site if they won't even help you with selecting the parts.

350fps with 0.2g is the max of most airsoft sites for a full auto capable weapon.

Aim for 340fps and you should be good.

FPS is not the most critical parameter for a good shooting weapon.  Look to get a good quality tight bore barrel and better hop rubber (Edit).

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, EDcase said:

350fps with 0.2g is the max of most airsoft sites for a full auto capable weapon.

Aim for 340fps and you should be good.

FPS is not the most critical parameter for a good shooting weapon.  Look to get a tight bore barrel and better hop.

Tightbore barrel is not necessarily the way forward, neither is a hop unit.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

They're the most straight forward things to try first aren't they?

Especially for someone with little/no tech experience...

Most guns are best left with stock hop unit, if the rubber and nub are garbage then change those.

Tightbore barrels are snake oil the best barrel size for good range and accuracy is 6.05/6.08.

Most stock ones are with that range so the best way forward is to get a better quality within those ranges. But it is still the least bang for buck upgrade you can do unless yours is totally crap.

Fair enough.

I did actually mean changing the hop rubber not the whole unit.

A good 6.03 barrel will improve fps at least.  It may also reduce piston wear as it has slightly more back pressure but probably nothing significant.

I've not seen a definitive test between different barrel diameters.  That would be interesting...

What battery are you using? A 7.4 lipo should make most guns 8-10 rps like you want. If you are using one and it's not doing that.... then your gun's motor is probably doggo shitto.

My M4 has 16:1 gears and an asg ultimate basic motor, and that is doing 22 rps. Your biggest upgrade to rps would probably be the motor first. Though, the first step should be cleaning your gun: factory grease is terrible most of the time. That should up the rps a bit. My M4 also has an m110 spring which is churning out around 348 fps with a 0.2g. I am also running a maple leaf 60 degree macaron bucking. How much pressure is being applied from the hop also affects the fps. Since AEGs don't joule creep much at all, you can afford to turn up the hop and use heavier ammo if the fps goes past 350 with your m110.

I just remembered while typing this text, I did actually have to cut my m110 spring by about one coil. This reduced the fps by about 10. You may need to do that. 

So, a new motor and cutting your m110 spring a bit will most likely solve your issues. Honestly, you should do it yourself. Unless your site does it for free, I really hate techs that overprice simple modifications like £30 for a spring replacement (HINT HINT LANDWARRIOR).

12 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

What battery are you using? A 7.4 lipo should make most guns 8-10 rps like you want. If you are using one and it's not doing that.... then your gun's motor is probably doggo shitto.

My M4 has 16:1 gears and an asg ultimate basic motor, and that is doing 22 rps. Your biggest upgrade to rps would probably be the motor first. Though, the first step should be cleaning your gun: factory grease is terrible most of the time. That should up the rps a bit. My M4 also has an m110 spring which is churning out around 348 fps with a 0.2g. I am also running a maple leaf 60 degree macaron bucking. How much pressure is being applied from the hop also affects the fps. Since AEGs don't joule creep much at all, you can afford to turn up the hop and use heavier ammo if the fps goes past 350 with your m110.

I just remembered while typing this text, I did actually have to cut my m110 spring by about one coil. This reduced the fps by about 10. You may need to do that. 

So, a new motor and cutting your m110 spring a bit will most likely solve your issues. Honestly, you should do it yourself. Unless your site does it for free, I really hate techs that overprice simple modifications like £30 for a spring replacement (HINT HINT LANDWARRIOR).

I have dissembled my gun today but couldn't get into the piston out of the lower reciever to practice for when my spring arrives, and is it difficult, is replacing the motor hard and is there any videos you have used that i may find useful 

I am using lipos with stock everyting 

What do you mean by gear ratio?

Will that motor fit into my Phantom mk5 ?

probaly changed to .20s  aswell as cheaper, i was told .25s were better.

Once i get it past 350 i will start the steps to bring it down as i feel like im a such a disadvantage got people managing to dodge my bbs haha

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

If you're getting 310 on a 0.25 then you're already about as close as you want to be to allow for any variances on the day (you're firing at around 346FPS on a 0.2g BB). That M110 spring may well push you over the limit. 

^^^THIS^^^ and just for those who still don't understand  ^^^FUCKING THIS^^^

Why are people still bleating on about getting the fps up when as @Lozart already said it is exactly where it needs to be.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

got people managing to dodge my bbs haha

what ammo are you using? and how far are you trying to shoot people?

11 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

^^^THIS^^^ and just for those who still don't understand  ^^^FUCKING THIS^^^

Why are people still bleating on about getting the fps up when as @Lozart already said it is exactly where it needs to be.

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what ammo are you using? and how far are you trying to shoot people?

Well i chronoed lowest 290 and highest yesterday of 310 which was almost frowned upon by the officials saying i should get it sorted which is what im gonna do. Im shooting 25.s

i just want to be on a level playing field because everyone does. I dont care if i have to buy parts to achieve this as this is why i work. Im just looking for parts and recommendation to compare and decide.

Im obliviously not tech savey, and want to learn, i thought this would of been the right platform to do so , This means i dont have to pay 30-40 to change a spring which must be simple or replace a motor. Also i currently have a 13inch barrel ( 6.03mm)  does extending this effect anything

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

Well i chronoed lowest 290 and highest yesterday of 310 which was almost frowned upon by the officials saying i should get it sorted which is what im gonna do. Im shooting 25.s

i just want to be on a level playing field because everyone does. I dont care if i have to buy parts to achieve this as this is why i work. Im just looking for parts and recommendation to compare and decide.

Im obliviously not tech savey, and wan to learn, i though this would of been the right platform, so i dont have to pay 30-40 to change a spring which must be simple 

290 to 310 on 0.25 is 320 to 340ish on 0.2. So if you chrono about 300 on 0.25s as you claimed it is already there.

As for the marshals saying get it sorted they are talking bollocks. My furthest shooting rifle is 322fps on 0.2s so 287 on 0.25s.

The parts needed if you decide to upgrade are pretty much everything as it is an aps so any upgrade parts like a decent motor have a fair chance of damaging the part they mesh with. Aps parts are pretty poor and can be brittle.

If you want better trigger response then fit a titan advanced and leave the rest stock until it breaks. High rof is basically pointless and no matter who builds it the lifespan of the parts will be shortened.

General rule of thumb is that the heavier the ammo; the more accurate it'll often be if hopped right as it travels better, but you're going to lose power and range due to the added weight.

Extending your barrel can increase your FPS, which as others have said, you're likely already near the limit as it is. When upgrading and testing those upgrades for the most part; use 0.2's as it's the standard most sites and techs use. Gives you a much flatter and consistent base to get your measurements off.

Power.. really isn't everything. Alot of your range will come down to how well you've tuned your hop. my G&G M14 Soc is the short barrel recon version, all stock. I chrono'd around 298-309 on 0.2's last skirmish I went to.. and I was still outranging some of the M4/AK/AR15 long barrel builds folks had

13 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

290 to 310 on 0.25 is 320 to 340ish on 0.2. So if you chrono about 300 on 0.25s as you claimed it is already there.

As for the marshals saying get it sorted they are talking bollocks. My furthest shooting rifle is 322fps on 0.2s so 287 on 0.25s.

The parts needed if you decide to upgrade are pretty much everything as it is an aps so any upgrade parts like a decent motor have a fair chance of damaging the part they mesh with. Aps parts are pretty poor and can be brittle.

If you want better trigger response then fit a titan advanced and leave the rest stock until it breaks. High rof is basically pointless and no matter who builds it the lifespan of the parts will be shortened.

well payday is next week so when you say everything what do you mean? obs everything but specifically?

Ive built pcs in the past so my guess would be all the parts need to be compatible, how do i know this?

After you guys response i want to focus on trigger response and reducing the sound output by making this function a lot better/smoother

If you can give me a list of thing i should get 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Northeast Airsoft POD said:

well payday is next week so when you say everything what do you mean? obs everything but specifically?

Ive built pcs in the past so my guess would be all the parts need to be compatible, how do i know this?

After you guys response i want to focus on trigger response and reducing the sound output by making this function a lot better/smoother

Just shim it and fit a titan.

If you really want to replace internals

Asg ultimate cnc 30k motor

SHS 18.1 gears  or Lonex if you don't mind paying extra.

ICS orange reinforced piston

Unless you are getting bad compression leave the rest.

• Supporters

i wouldn't worry too much about fps alone, it's only 1 part of the equation for getting range.

310 on .25's as lozart and trigger have pointed out is bang on where you want to be sitting at 1.11j or equivalent to 346fps on a .2g (which for a 350fps limit is close enough for government work)

i'd start by upping the ammo weight, try some geoff's .3's in there and see if the stock hop can lift them, don't mistake slower bb velocity for less range, it's very much the opposite.

whilst improving the compression wouldn't be amiss, i wouldn't rush into cracking the box open to do it, although if you do decide to fit a titan then you might as well do that while you're in there.

2 minutes ago, XanderShadow said:

General rule of thumb is that the heavier the ammo; the more accurate it'll often be if hopped right as it travels better, but you're going to lose power and range due to the added weight.

nope, for the same energy a heavier bb flies further if given enough spin. it also carries its energy better meaning at x distance it'll have more energy than a lighter bb of the same starting energy.

59 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just shim it and fit a titan.

If you really want to replace internals

Asg ultimate cnc 30k motor

SHS 18.1 gears  or Lonex if you don't mind paying extra.

ICS orange reinforced piston

Unless you are getting bad compression leave the rest.

How do you shim or i this just a youtube task? 

Archived