SRS HTI - What's the point?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://www.longbowbb.co.uk/product-page/silverback-hti-50-bmg-rifle-fde-black?utm_campaign=0301b2c7-fd20-40ec-9807-a4dea66836f3&utm_source=so

What am I missing?
It's a ridiculously long and heavy gun. But in the mag, you do get an extra 8 BBS.
And because of the power limit rules, I can't see how it will shoot any further / more accurately than a standard SRS.

So, aside from being a ridiculously wealthy masochist with money to burn, why on Earth would you buy one?

Cuz it looks AWESUM.

Seriously. I’d love. 50 cal if they made a decent upgrade able springer

7 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Cuz it looks AWESUM.

Seriously. I’d love. 50 cal if they made a decent upgrade able springer

I totally agree on the look.
But it weighs more than twice the SRS.
Which in play is a serious disadvantage for a day out. So in practical terms, using the rifle actually disadvantages you.
Now if your team got cool points, as well as kill / objective points, that would be something different.
Or if there were higher power limits available, with higher MED.
But as things stand, cool factor notwithstanding, I still can't see the point...

For other countries with higher joule limit . I  also think its 8mm so potential for a heavier bb.

• Supporters

This my friend is no different to any other Airsoft gun , so comes down to why not ? Non of the guns we use ‘need’ to look like a real what ever do they ? all you need is a tube , a feed system and some form of propulsion , but where’s the fun in that ? Yes it’s probably too big , too heavy AND it’s bloody expensive for what it is must when you see one being carried by so 6st soaking wet kid who thinks he’s the America sniper with it it will make you smile ! 😁

👍

13 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

But it weighs more than twice the SRS.

Which in play is a serious disadvantage for a day out. So in practical terms, using the rifle actually disadvantages you.

Edit ;

Ahh now you’ve hit the nail on the head right here  , we all agree it’s a sniper rifle ?

how many players actually play a ‘proper’ sniper role ? As in find your spot Camo your self in AND STAY THERE AND STOP MOVING AROUND? That’s what the real one was built for not running around the gamezone dressed in a full guile suit acting like a demented stormtrooper shooting at any thing that moves ! 🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
23 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

https://www.longbowbb.co.uk/product-page/silverback-hti-50-bmg-rifle-fde-black?utm_campaign=0301b2c7-fd20-40ec-9807-a4dea66836f3&utm_source=so

What am I missing?
It's a ridiculously long and heavy gun. But in the mag, you do get an extra 8 BBS.
And because of the power limit rules, I can't see how it will shoot any further / more accurately than a standard SRS.

So, aside from being a ridiculously wealthy masochist with money to burn, why on Earth would you buy one?

Because Ghost Recon Wildlands is why.

Plus it makes a change from all the people that want a Barrett Light Fifty!

22 hours ago, heroshark said:

For other countries with higher joule limit . I  also think its 8mm so potential for a heavier bb.

Inner barrel is 6.05mm so 8mm BB's could be a bit tricky...

55 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Because Ghost Recon Wildlands is why.

Plus it makes a change from all the people that want a Barrett Light Fifty!

Inner barrel is 6.05mm so 8mm BB's could be a bit tricky...

They are doing it in 8mm too.

Archived