Long Term Storage of a GBBP/GBBR

Pigeon_Haris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

As we know, we must clean and maintain our gas guns regularly for the best longevity and performance, however we know they aren't in the same realm as real guns, especially with the construction materials being very prone to rusting or breakdown.

I'm wondering what the best method of storing your gas blowback is. 

Firstly I imagine a Cool, Dry place is a good place to keep them...

But I only really have 2 theories on this

• Lube the gun internally and clean it of dirt, though im unsure of the long term consequences of say, lubing the bolt with silicon oil (or other lubes) and its interaction with other metals/polymers inside the gun.

• Completely clean the gun out (blasting it out with a carb cleaner or such), then wipe it with a wet cloth, finally, wipe it absolutely bone dry with not a spec of dirt and all but a drop on the Nozzle O rings and such (applicable for the magazines too I imagine)

personally I fall towards the latter, you wouldn't believe the state I saw some of the gas blowbacks I saw that were used frequently, never cleaned dumped in a cupboard and sold onto the next user expecting no consequences...

Can anyone help elaborate? What's the best way to keep your gun resting peacefully?

Can anyone also vouch for a GBBR they have owned for a rather significant amount of time which survived its time through its skirmishes. What did you do to help preserve its condition?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived