Cambridgeshire players meet up

Markuz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys thought I'd start a thread for any new and current players in the Cambridgeshire area that are looking to find each other and get some local games going.

Sites to go to include

RIFT - The Village (near Royston) Apocalypse Paintball Site

SWAS - at RAF Wyton

Mad dog - at Brampton

A bit further out but worth visiting include:

RIFT - The Ridge (near Luton) old Quarry
Gunman Airsoft - Tuddenham

Free fire zone near Bourne

If you're looking for people to meet up with, perhaps for your first game or you are already a regular player but don't knmow anyone local get in touch here.

• 3 weeks later...

Are any of the sites ukara as I need to get that sorted ? 

Hi yes RIFT does UKARA however you now have to join as a member 25 quid as they use the membership number.  Free fire does too, no membership required but further to travel.

On 05/07/2019 at 09:13, TIGGER said:

I’m up for it dates depending 👍👍

Looks like my group are going here on the 28th July if anyone wants to meet up. RIFT - The Ridge (near Luton) old Quarry

• Moderators

further a field depending where your based! haha...

SWAS is nearer to me :D

then Gunman / Team Green, UKARA site

Picked up a friend who plays herts way (AWA i think) on sat from Cambridge station, he loved the Team green private day we had booked

@Markuz i'll let you know if he does another as its good fun, even the rain didnt 'dampen 'the game play ,you should still get to a GMA or TG game though

• Supporters

Am I the only person who didn’t get any rain this weekend?

Everyone keeps telling me the rain was annoying. Yet I didn’t see a single drop.

• Moderators

yep, but playing with an umbrella attached to your head doesnt count!:lol:

tbh, sneaking around the buildings in the rain wasn't that bad, noise of the drops hitting the derelict structure and barrels reminded me of a scene in saving private Ryan :D

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

Picked up a friend who plays herts way (AWA i think) on sat from Cambridge station, he loved the Team green private day we had booked

@djben9 Was that the one this weekend? I was meant to be going but I was Ill unfortunately.

@Markuz You'll normally find me at gunman, but i'll post on the meet topic when I am, just need to stop breaking my guns when I try to fix them. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Jam Sandwich said:

@djben9 Was that the one this weekend? I was meant to be going but I was Ill unfortunately.

@Markuz You'll normally find me at gunman, but i'll post on the meet topic when I am, just need to stop breaking my guns when I try to fix them. 

yeah my brother had booked the sat as TG now do private bookings sats, skirmish sundays, with the over night between 

SWAS would be my local about 15min from my house so would be easy for me.

whats it like as I understand it’s a fairly new site is it many open ground any woodland buildings etc ?

@Kong they have some interesting areas but the vast majority of it is very open and mostly flat with some slight undulations. Idlealy I recon they should get some more structures up. It felt like they were going though the teathing phase and not knowing what games to run for what amount of people, as they tried to use the hole site with just 15 guys, and it's not a small area. That was a few months ago now so probably worth a look to see if they've improved.

If your only 15 minuets away from them, then your also quit close to mad dog airsoft. They have been running a number of years, although I'm not sure how long precicly, however I did go there hung over in the snow so I can't comment of how well it was atualy run, but they definely have an interesting layout of the feild probably worth going just to check that out. 

cheers @Jam Sandwich

Do the two site have a busy game day or is it usually a poor turn out? 

On 08/07/2019 at 13:08, djben9 said:

further a field depending where your based! haha...

SWAS is nearer to me :D

then Gunman / Team Green, UKARA site

@Markuz i'll let you know if he does another as its good fun, even the rain didnt 'dampen 'the game play ,you should still get to a GMA or TG game though

Sure Ben let me know when you are going I'll get a few of us to meet you at Tuddenham we are interested. Also, come to see us at Sway, we are there a lot these days.

12 hours ago, Kong said:

cheers @Jam Sandwich

Worth going to SWAS, I've been going for several months now and help them to build lots more structures. Theres now more bunkers and a large fort.

yes its still growing, but thats part of the charm. Very friendly atmosphere, you can get to know each other on your team and opposing team during breaks etc.

I'd like to see more people try the site, build numbers up each week because it has a lot of potential and they listen to players and tweek game modes and missions using our feedback.

On 10/07/2019 at 09:57, Kong said:

cheers @Jam Sandwich

I can't say really, I've only been to the sites once.

12 hours ago, Markuz said:

Worth going to SWAS, I've been going for several months now and help them to build lots more structures. Theres now more bunkers and a large fort.

yes its still growing, but thats part of the charm. Very friendly atmosphere, you can get to know each other on your team and opposing team during breaks etc.

I'd like to see more people try the site, build numbers up each week because it has a lot of potential and they listen to players and tweek game modes and missions using our feedback.

I may have to come back and give it another go

On 10/07/2019 at 22:03, Markuz said:

I will definitely be coming to a game I’m just still in the process of getting my kit together.

I'm going with a group of us to Rift - The Ridge near Luton on the 28th if you fancy it. Not sure if I can make it on 20th, but if I can I'll post here.

• 2 months later...

Archived