Front dangler dump pouch?

Diemaco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I'm considering finding another solution for a dump pouch (at present I'm using a cheap miltech one mounted on my belt), as I have difficulty reaching it quickly enough when changing mags. I was thinking about some sort of dangler dump pouch that I could have under the mag pouches on the front. Is there such a thing? Is it a decent solution?

One problem might be that I'm using a Warrior DCS PC with Osprey mag pouches (which hang 4-5cm under the bottom of the vest), so any pouch is going to have to have quite a long velcro mounting tab?

Any suggestions or ideas?

• Supporters

If speed is the issue then why not just drop the mag on the ground and pick it up when you've got the time?

Thats how i run it, dump pouch on the back left and if i need a speedier change i just drop the mag and pick it up when i've dealt with the problem (or been hit)

• Supporters

I always carry mine on a leg panel on my Left leg or ‘dangler’ straps off my trouser belt on the same leg so it’s always same place and can do very fast mag dumps when needed (don’t like dropping mags , seen it cause too many problems in the past) so I always go for full set pouches not roll up types . 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I always carry mine on a leg panel on my Left leg or ‘dangler’ straps off my trouser belt on the same leg so it’s always same place and can do very fast mag dumps when needed (don’t like dropping mags , seen it cause too many problems in the past) so I always go for full set pouches not roll up types . 

That might be an idea. I've got a leg panel lying around that I could try attaching my current dump pouch to.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If speed is the issue then why not just drop the mag on the ground and pick it up when you've got the time?

Thats how i run it, dump pouch on the back left and if i need a speedier change i just drop the mag and pick it up when i've dealt with the problem (or been hit)

That's definitely the quickest way to do it, but I've refrained from doing it too often due to worries about losing or damaging the mags.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Diemaco said:

That's definitely the quickest way to do it, but I've refrained from doing it too often due to worries about losing or damaging the mags.

I solve this problem by running the cheapest mags i can get so i dont give a damn.

Plus the all polymer mags are that light and tough they can take it, although i wouldnt drop a gas mag for sure.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I solve this problem by running the cheapest mags i can get so i dont give a damn.

Plus the all polymer mags are that light and tough they can take it, although i wouldnt drop a gas mag for sure.

My problem is the guns I use the most are TM recoil so on those mags you’ve got two pieces of metal sticking up that are perfect for damaging if dropped  ! 😫

• Supporters
Just now, Druid799 said:

My problem is the guns I use the most are TM recoil so on those mags you’ve got two pieces of metal sticking up that are perfect for damaging if dropped  ! 😫

I know the feeling, dropped a makarov mag a while back and busted the feed lips and i was like "how the hell am i getting a spare for that"

I had to laugh last week though, i was running the heavy geoffs and i'm pretty sure the mag was worth less than the ammo in it lol.

• Supporters
On 15/06/2019 at 09:21, Diemaco said:

Hi guys,

I'm considering finding another solution for a dump pouch (at present I'm using a cheap miltech one mounted on my belt), as I have difficulty reaching it quickly enough when changing mags. I was thinking about some sort of dangler dump pouch that I could have under the mag pouches on the front. Is there such a thing? Is it a decent solution?

One problem might be that I'm using a Warrior DCS PC with Osprey mag pouches (which hang 4-5cm under the bottom of the vest), so any pouch is going to have to have quite a long velcro mounting tab?

Any suggestions or ideas?

Where is your dump pouch? Maybe the issue is actually placement and ergonomics rather than the wrong equipment.

If you have a dump pouch big enough to take a few mags, you won't want it hanging down at the front. 

Dangle an a4 sized bag with some mags in it infront of your crotch and go for a jog .  Then i think you will answer your own question

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

Where is your dump pouch? Maybe the issue is actually placement and ergonomics rather than the wrong equipment.

If you have a dump pouch big enough to take a few mags, you won't want it hanging down at the front. 

I've got it on my left hip. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Diemaco said:

I've got it on my left hip. 

OK, so does it have a stiffener in the opening or does it just hang flat?

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

OK, so does it have a stiffener in the opening or does it just hang flat?

It doesn't hang flat as such, but it doesn't really have much in the way of stiffening at the opening either. I suppose it might be possible to put some wire in to stiffen it up.

It's this model: https://1157store.co.uk/product/mil-tec-multitarn-empty-shell-molle-pouch/

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Diemaco said:

It doesn't hang flat as such, but it doesn't really have much in the way of stiffening at the opening either. I suppose it might be possible to put some wire in to stiffen it up.

It's this model: https://1157store.co.uk/product/mil-tec-multitarn-empty-shell-molle-pouch/

OK, I think the issue may just be down to practice then. If you practice your mag changes so that you build up some muscle memory you'll get a lot quicker. The other option might be just re-indexing your mags into your mag pouches?

• Supporters
On 18/06/2019 at 12:00, Lozart said:

OK, I think the issue may just be down to practice then. If you practice your mag changes so that you build up some muscle memory you'll get a lot quicker. The other option might be just re-indexing your mags into your mag pouches?

Most of the time I stick mine back in the pouches if I can only use the dumper when I really really need too or if I think I’m almost out but there’s still plenty going on so need a fresh mag in . Simple system I use is live mags face to my right side with the feed tube down and empty’s face to the left , this way I don’t need to look at the mag to draw it either I can tell just by the feel if it’s usable or not .

Muscle memory , I’m very much ‘on the fence’ with this one , I’m quite dubious as to wether an Airsofter would actually train long enough or hard enough to acquire it or not .

The university of Oslo did a study in 2016 on the subject and there conclusions were , yes it does exist (it’s not the muscles your training your actually re-routing the neurones in the muscle structure to work in a more efficient direction)  BUT to initially acquire it you will need to train for several hrs 4-6 times a wk AND if you don’t keep up this training regimen then you will basically loose it within 6-9mths of not using it . 

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Most of the time I stick mine back in the pouches if I can only use the dumper when I really really need too or if I think I’m almost out but there’s still plenty going on so need a fresh mag in . Simple system I use is live mags face to my right side with the feed tube down and empty’s face to the left , this way I don’t need to look at the mag to draw it either I can tell just by the feel if it’s usable or not .

Muscle memory , I’m very much ‘on the fence’ with this one , I’m quite dubious as to wether an Airsofter would actually train long enough or hard enough to acquire it or not .

The university of Oslo did a study in 2016 on the subject and there conclusions were , yes it does exist (it’s not the muscles your training your actually re-routing the neurones in the muscle structure to work in a more efficient direction)  BUT to initially acquire it you will need to train for several hrs 4-6 times a wk AND if you don’t keep up this training regimen then you will basically loose it within 6-9mths of not using it . 

Maybe muscle memory isn't quite the right term...more of drilling the process into the mind so you can do it without thinking. I very rarely have to think about where my dump pouch is because it's always in the same place and I'm used to just pulling the mag out and ditching it in there. 

Archived