A&K m249 problems

ELTURO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there i own an A&K m249 and under advice from someone at an airsoft site i put an 11v battery in it. I honestly didnt know what i was doing and trusted them when they said down it would be fine and will work.

it did work really well for about 15 minutes and then something broke. im not sure what broke but i know that power still flows through the gun and the pin still moves just very slowly so im not sure what is broke. 

could i continue with an 11v battery or should i revert and does anybody have any idea of what might be broken. any help will be much appreciated

7 hours ago, ELTURO said:

hi there i own an A&K m249 and under advice from someone at an airsoft site i put an 11v battery in it. I honestly didnt know what i was doing and trusted them when they said down it would be fine and will work.

it did work really well for about 15 minutes and then something broke. im not sure what broke but i know that power still flows through the gun and the pin still moves just very slowly so im not sure what is broke. 

could i continue with an 11v battery or should i revert and does anybody have any idea of what might be broken. any help will be much appreciated

giphy.gif

Moral of the story, research before following some strangers advice....

If it broke using 11.1v its probably a good idea to stop using that.

A gun has to be set up to use 11.1v as that is too powerful for most. (should have checked)

You'll have to open it up to see whats wrong or send to a tech I'm afraid.

Once you get it fixed, I recommend going with a 9.9v LiFe. The A&K mosfet means it wont fire on a standard 7.4v lipo and the 9.6v NimH is a bit pants. [/s]

I imagine the piston is knackered, and possibly the spur/sector gear sheared some teeth on the last steel tooth of the piston. 

If you want to attempt to do this yourself, you might find a bit of information in my thread about opening up the same gearbox in my A&K MK43. 

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The A&K mosfet means it wont fire on a standard 7.4v lipo and the 9.6v NimH is a bit pants. 

When did A&K start putting mosfets in M249's?

5 minutes ago, Lozart said:

When did A&K start putting mosfets in M249's?

I'll just go back to my hole now. Made a bad assumption 😉

Thank you for correcting me. 

• Supporters
Just now, Asomodai said:

I'll just go back to my hole now. Made a bad assumption 😉

Thank you for correcting me. 

Happy to help ;)

Although the trigger microswitch they fit IS a bag of shit and will shit itself if you run an 11.1v LiPo through it.

Archived