M4 or something else?

Sean84
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A starter AEG is the best option because its cheap, easy to use and will get you playing with minimal fuss.

While at a game day you'll certainly come across someone with a gbb so you can talk directly to them and probably have a go. (You'll love it no doubt)

Then if/when you get a gbb with more experience and knowledge you'll have the AEG as a backup, loaner for a friend or just sell for a new gas mag :D

Win win ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

A starter AEG is the best option because its cheap, easy to use and will get you playing with minimal fuss.

While at a game day you'll certainly come across someone with a gbb so you can talk directly to them and probably have a go. (You'll love it no doubt)

Then if/when you get a gbb with more experience and knowledge you'll have the AEG as a backup, loaner for a friend or just sell for a new gas mag :D

Win win ;)

I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head now... Although i dont want to buy something cheap. Not that i dont mind paying less, i just want full metal, reliability, and flexible with parts/accessories fitment and availability.

Im looking at the TM CQBR M4 but it is a little steep, and cant find it in stock... Any other suggestions?

Specna Arms Edge series has had some good feedback recently (I just got one too)

No recoil but good price for full metal and shoots well out of the box.

Commonly available parts for breakages or upgrades

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The Tavor was only released last year, so technically is newer then the MWS :P I also stated the op may have a difference experience. 

Feels longer but still it is a kwa so different league (still tempted to buy one though)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Here is a novel approach for everyone.

Instead of telling him what he should or shouldn't spend his money how about we listen to him and advise him on the route he chooses to take.

Yeah...you can try but I don't think it'll catch on.

36 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Specna Arms Edge series has had some good feedback recently (I just got one too)

No recoil but good price for full metal and shoots well out of the box.

Commonly available parts for breakages or upgrades

Hmm, good price but i feel like i need some realism hence wanting the recoil. I dont mind upping the price...

3 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I mean going straight to the TM GBB.

Its not much more than the recoil shock

i think i'll stick with your previous advice (and most of the opinions here) and go with the aeg. At least then i can practice and not worry about ammo for now... And i always have my gbb pistol if i want to make things interesting on the field... 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works: Tippmann M4.

All the benefits of GBBR. No cool down.

Kicks like a mule and can be taken apart and fixed in minutes. Does need tinkering with though.

If you don't want the airline. Use Co2.

15 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works: Tippmann M4.

All the benefits of GBBR. No cool down.

Kicks like a mule and can be taken apart and fixed in minutes. Does need tinkering with though.

If you don't want the airline. Use Co2.

not a fan of the airline and carrying a tank around, with a pipe that might get caught on something (i do like the long supply of air it provides though!)

So... how long do those little co2 canisters last in terms of bb's fired?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Sean84 said:

not a fan of the airline and carrying a tank around, with a pipe that might get caught on something (i do like the long supply of air it provides though!)

So... how long do those little co2 canisters last in terms of bb's fired?

the airline really isn't that big of a deal,  no more intrusive than a sling, although you will want to be sure of how you're refilling your air before going hpa.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Sean84 said:

Hmm, good price but i feel like i need some realism hence wanting the recoil. I dont mind upping the price...

Ahh right , in this case be prepared to be disappointed to various levels no matter what you buy ! 😳

😂😂😂😂😂

I’ll be visiting a local airsoft store later today so I think I will try a few and see what they have on offer and at least try to help me decide. 

• Supporters

I know I'm a bit late to the party BUT

First gun, get a simple aeg, not recoil, not gas, & not a load of money, you want something that flings bb's with reasonable accuracy & an fps of at least 290 fps or above.

then get out & use it, meet other players, maybe ask nicely & they'll let you briefly have a play with what they've got, just remember "you bend it, you mend it", it's a great way way to actually get the feel for a platform in a "realistic" situation, & much better than blowing your load on something you love the look of, only to find it's not your thing.

dont believe me, ask how many players thought they were gonna be the next elite sniper, only to flog their "like new" sniper rifle a week later !..........sometimes it's the same with battle rifles.

good luck today.👍

8 hours ago, Tackle said:

I know I'm a bit late to the party BUT

First gun, get a simple aeg, not recoil, not gas, & not a load of money, you want something that flings bb's with reasonable accuracy & an fps of at least 290 fps or above.

then get out & use it, meet other players, maybe ask nicely & they'll let you briefly have a play with what they've got, just remember "you bend it, you mend it", it's a great way way to actually get the feel for a platform in a "realistic" situation, & much better than blowing your load on something you love the look of, only to find it's not your thing.

dont believe me, ask how many players thought they were gonna be the next elite sniper, only to flog their "like new" sniper rifle a week later !..........sometimes it's the same with battle rifles.

good luck today.👍

Well I took your advice without actually reading your reply until now lol. I went to my local shop and he was great and let me try out a non recall full metal aeg m4. I’m guessing it’s a cheaper make, and it was cheaper in cost. He threw in quite a lot of stuff for free, and I picked up loads of gear to add to my load out. 

Tomorrow is d day and I’m still up at midnight prepping for the day ahead lol. So on that note I’m going to sleep. Wish me luck! I’ll try and show some GoPro footage tomorrow if I can 🤞🏻👍🏻

Archived