Some advice please re ukara thing

Raytd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I’ve played airsoft maybe 3 times in last few years I just never have the time but the guns I got I bought in a boot fair in 2003 I never new about any laws anyway one broke and I wanted to buy a new one turns out I need a ukara licence or number ? Basically do I have to get rid of my 2 guns that are black because I bought them at a boot fair ? 

No, you can keep the ones you have. Retailer requires you to have ukara (other defences are available) in order to sell to you. The onus is on the seller, not the buyer. 

For example, someone with ukara could by a RIF and give it to you as a goft, without laws being broken. 

As E21A said,  you can keep the guns you already have.

UKARA is just a non government agreed register for retailers to protect themselves selling RIFs to people as proof they actually participate in airsoft.

As long as you're over 18, you can legally buy a RIF from anyone if they want to sell to you.  You could then take it to a site and play with no problem.

But if you use/show it in public and get arrested the seller could get in trouble for selling it to you unless they could convince the police they thought you were a legit player.

Ok thank you guys that’s awesome nah I’m 25 never have and never will be in trouble w law and I treat my airsoft guns as real at all times I spent some time in the USA with my cousins in Texas they thought me not to be an idiot with guns I figure same rules should apply I’d have no idea who I got the guns from it was some dude selling his guns as I guess he needed money idk I have no way to contact him if I was asked by police 

lastly I’m unable to play more than twice a year for reasons I’d rather keep personal 

so I can’t meet the ukra standards thing how can I get a ukara number other than regular games at a site ? I’d love to replace the m4 that died recently I thought about buying a two toned painted one and just removing the paint I thought they were just for under 18s 

but seems to be lots of complications to the law of it all 

thanks for all the reply’s above 

Hmm I hope so thank you on the last bit it asks for id and address do I need all of those things filled as I don’t pay utility bills ect or is that needed to be filled by someone on site ? 

• Supporters

Something to note is that the requirement to get UKARA is to have played a minimum of three games over a minimum of 8 weeks.

But there's no maximum time in which you have to do these three games.  Specifically, there's nothing in the UKARA rules about having to do them within the same year.

So if you've done three games at one site, even over multiple years, then they could notionally assign you a UKARA number.  It's entirely up to them - you'll need to ask the site.

Two tones aren't the end of the world though.  If you do decide to paint or strip one, well, that's an offence, but the defence is airsoft use.  So if you can show that you have played, and - I'd suggest more importantly - that you have a future session booked, then I'd consider that as much of a defence as a UKARA number which only speaks to your past behaviour, not the intended purpose of the modification.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Something to note is that the requirement to get UKARA is to have played a minimum of three games over a minimum of 8 weeks.

But there's no maximum time in which you have to do these three games.  Specifically, there's nothing in the UKARA rules about having to do them within the same year.

So if you've done three games at one site, even over multiple years, then they could notionally assign you a UKARA number.  It's entirely up to them - you'll need to ask the site.

Was it ever within 12months?, i just checked the UKARA site and couldn't see that bit anymore?

image.png.6002b752ccb2d8ebf222692ba80e5f62.png

Soooo how does that work for renewals then?, is that within 12months.....where did i get 12months from??!!:lol:

My site removes your name from the UKARA database (or possibly adds a date when it expires) if you don’t renew your site membership at the end of the year, but for £20 it’s not really an issue 👍🏻

• Moderators

my FFZ one will probably end now as no more Urban and cant get to the other site so i'll have to keep my GMA one up by going once a year.....

other sites to look at :) 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, djben9 said:

Was it ever within 12months?, i just checked the UKARA site and couldn't see that bit anymore?

If it is (for initial registration) then it's a well kept secret.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but the whole UKARA system is the clown-shoes of validation.  It smacks of a happy-path process that's never been through the crucible of being forensically analysed and robustly challenged.

On 14/06/2019 at 12:14, E21A said:

If you can only play twice a year is it even worth buying a gun?? Perhaps just fix the one you already have? Or just rent? 

I respect that opinion however no I lived in the USA with my cousins and they are gun owners and to be honest I love having them displayed in my room on the wall it reminds me of good times I also enjoy doing maintenance work on them it’s theraputic and my crappy arc half plastic m4 is burnt out and I’d rather save my money and buy another realistic one like my kings arms oa15 + when I do go airsoft it’s with my friends and my ex navy dad

We all share guns also so we only rent if more than 3 of us go but one of my friends got a two tone Tokyo muri from wolf armouries I was looking at getting another kings arms as that thing is beautiful 

2 hours ago, Raytd said:

I respect that opinion however no I lived in the USA with my cousins and they are gun owners and to be honest I love having them displayed in my room on the wall it reminds me of good times I also enjoy doing maintenance work on them it’s theraputic and my crappy arc half plastic m4 is burnt out and I’d rather save my money and buy another realistic one like my kings arms oa15 + when I do go airsoft it’s with my friends and my ex navy dad

We all share guns also so we only rent if more than 3 of us go but one of my friends got a two tone Tokyo muri from wolf armouries I was looking at getting another kings arms as that thing is beautiful 

That being the case, you’re stuck with getting a ukara to enable buying a RIF

Thanks for all advise guys I’ll consider this post closed now how do I take it down ?

14 minutes ago, Raytd said:

Thanks for all advise guys I’ll consider this post closed now how do I take it down ?

You can just leave it

Admins / moderators will lock if they see fit, but forum discussions should remain in situ for others 

Oh ok thanks I’m new to forums

55 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Welcome to the joy of forums

They aren’t like that new fangled social media thing 

Seems less personal invasive and actually useful I like it XD I haven’t had a face book account in 9 years lol

Archived