Gun barely firing in semi and full help please

mirinjawbro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all

I have a G&G MP5 SD5 Top Tech.

the gun has fired around 3-4k rounds. if that.

the last week or so the gun would not fire in semi, after pulling the trigger it would not fire but make a gearbox turn as if it got half way there, switching to full auto it works sometimes, maybe fires 3 -4 shots then the same problem, then I can switch to semi pull the trigger and it might fire one round then the same problem. it feels very clunky now in the handguard and just not how it did when new.

any ideas?

thanks

:(

Without seeing/hearing the problem its impossible to tell.

Could be as minor as broken wire/solder or as bad stripped gears...

You'll have to open'er up to have a look in the gearbox or send to a shop/tech.

If its new why not return it?

Single fire sounds OK to me

Gearbox sounds OK so I would guess it stops firing on full auto because of a bad connection somewhere.

• Supporters

The word I'm not seeing here is "battery", and that's what I'd check first.  If you're using a nimh, I'd upgrade to lipo.  If you're using lipo, I'd get a B6 charger which actually tells you what voltage it's charging up to.

Could still be a battery issue. For instance I've had lipos for my helicopters  that were freshly charged, showing full voltage, but as soon as I spin the rotors up and apply some lift they die and everything cuts out. Ok aegs don't have the same fail safe systems as helis do so the motor may keep trying to run but basically  when put under load the battery just fades. Try a different battery, also what spring is in there ? a high power spring will put more strain on the battery. 

I am guessing motor height/connector on motor. All adjustable through removing the pistol grip bottom cover. 

4 hours ago, mirinjawbro said:

That video was a very good example. It's never usually that good. After some.more fiddling it seems it's better at certain angles. Eg laying down. 

I mean new as in use wise. I've had the gun about 8 months sadly. 

Thanks all

8 months?

i would take it back to the shop.. I would certainly it expect an item like a RIF to last longer than that! I would ask for a warranty repair at least!

• Supporters
On 13/06/2019 at 19:08, mirinjawbro said:

The battery is fully charged

Since you didn't say what voltage your charger is telling you that it's charging it up to, I'd question how you know that to be the case.

Motor height is a good shout though, and easy enough to fiddle with.

after playing this morning, undoing the screws, I have no idea what im looking for and actually not really enjoying AEGs so I think im gonna stick to GBB.

gun is now for sale. grab a bargain and probably a very easy fix for an almost brand new gun. please msg if interested

thanks

Archived