I need a sight/laser/holo/red dot/whatever for my SCAR-H. (pics)

paradoxum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright so this is the SCAR-H I've got on the way; 

aeg-vfc-mk17cqc-de.jpg

I'll remove the orange tip obviously, 

Pretty much gonna look like this:

9qFmTdQ.png

OfYLdtu.jpg

wd0Qpht.jpg

The one main thing I am missing from my kit / setup / everything is a decent sight. I like red(or green) holo sights, but I don't think I want to spend more than £100 on one, but if you gotta spend more and it'll be quality and last a long time etc I can save up a month or two.

Here's a pastebin set to expire in 3 days with all my (as far as I can remember) airsoft shit I've bought.

(Oh I forgot to add hydration pouch for the back)

I think I'm almost ready to turn up to the game looking like some milsim vet and be like "am I overdressed for some speedsofting?"

Search ebay or amazon and see what tickles your trigger finger.

Most airsoft weapons aren't really accurate enough to need a scope so it'll be mainly for looks.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sight-sm26005de-ultrasht-reflex-fde.html

£150~ is this way more expensive than I should be paying? That's almost half the price of the gun. I just like to get things right the first time and not buy some junk, have to send it back. blablabla.

I'd say buying a real sight is definitely overkill 😂

This one would work well. (Haven't checked for better price)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holo-sight-553-red-green-dot-003-Airsoft-Softair-holo-sight-20mm-mount/272759409885?hash=item3f81ba4cdd:g:QkMAAOSwsXVZZiZN

£20-£50 will get you a decent red dot or holo sight.

Generally don't bother with anything above 2x magnification.

See how well it shoots before buying perhaps.

So it really is just the rule of cool when it comes to airsoft? Shit I can hit things with my pulse rifle 50 meters away just by using my eye and where the last BB hit, I don't need some mad crazy optics, I just want something that looks cool but would also actually be useful.

I just went for this; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holographic-sight-553-red-green-dot-red-dot-sight-COYOTE-TAN/292905010479 

Will see how it performs, and I get the bonus of all the "is that a real EOTECH?" comments.

I went and just bought this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holographic-sight-553-red-green-dot-red-dot-sight-COYOTE-TAN/292905010479

But then an hour later noticed "  if your looking through an optic in Airsoft your wasting valuable time trying to acquire a sight picture to neutralise the threat, when firing airsoft weapons you can observe the BB`s trajectory through the air, so just looking over the sight (shotgun style) is a far quicker target acquisition method than trying to obtain a sight picture through the optic..."

Cancel order / get another or what?

thanks again,

Sy

Guest Yukarin

For an AEG when you can spit out loads of rounds, sure. Its what I do with my AEG, fire a few rounds, see where they go and adjust accordingly. But if your running a gun with limited ammo count (say a GBBR) then getting a sight is more valuable (imo), yes airsoft guns are innaccurate but that doesn't mean you can't zero these sights to where the BBs will go majority of the time.

That seems like a rather cheapo sight, i wouldn't bother with it personally. Spend more or just stick to irons.

10 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

For an AEG when you can spit out loads of rounds, sure. Its what I do with my AEG, fire a few rounds, see where they go and adjust accordingly. But if your running a gun with limited ammo count (say a GBBR) then getting a sight is more valuable (imo), yes airsoft guns are innaccurate but that doesn't mean you can't zero these sights to where the BBs will go majority of the time.

That seems like a rather cheapo sight, i wouldn't bother with it personally. Spend more or just stick to irons.

Thanks, guess it''ll just be for looks for now. Rule of cool and all that. There are ones more than the cost of the gun that I am looking at but I want to play with it first heh.

Its good to have a sight to line up shots if you're going to surprise a target because you want to be as accurate as possible before they have time to hide.

In a firefight its generally more a case of 'walk' the bb's onto target.

Depends on range and accuracy/consistency of the weapon...

33 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Its good to have a sight to line up shots if you're going to surprise a target because you want to be as accurate as possible before they have time to hide.

In a firefight its generally more a case of 'walk' the bb's onto target.

Depends on range and accuracy/consistency of the weapon...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holographic-sight-553-red-green-dot-red-dot-sight-COYOTE-TAN/292905010479

This'll do for now I guess.

Thanks dudes.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Order for the eotech replica already shipped, I like the 1st and 3rd you linked but would rather have them in tan. Although maybe the contrast would look good.

9qFmTdQ.png&key=176422ba5abea8ac88e6cd30

Any idea what scope that is? Something in tan/gold like that would be cool. I've got the PEQ box and grenade launcher already, just waiting for the gun to be delivered now.

I don't need anything extra for the https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holographic-sight-553-red-green-dot-red-dot-sight-COYOTE-TAN/292905010479 do i? Doesn't look like it.

1 hour ago, paradoxum said:

Order for the eotech replica already shipped, I like the 1st and 3rd you linked but would rather have them in tan. Although maybe the contrast would look good.

9qFmTdQ.png&key=176422ba5abea8ac88e6cd30

Any idea what scope that is? Something in tan/gold like that would be cool. I've got the PEQ box and grenade launcher already, just waiting for the gun to be delivered now.

I don't need anything extra for the https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holographic-sight-553-red-green-dot-red-dot-sight-COYOTE-TAN/292905010479 do i? Doesn't look like it.

The sight in the photo is an ACOG with a DR red dot. From my experience though 4X is way too much for a standard AEG and I ended up pretty much exclusively using the red dot. My favourite optic is a 1-4X short dot as it has the look I want and is great for all Airsoft ranges

IMG_20190328_191056.jpg

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

The sight in the photo is an ACOG with a DR red dot. From my experience though 4X is way too much for a standard AEG and I ended up pretty much exclusively using the red dot. My favourite optic is a 1-4X short dot as it has the look I want and is great for all Airsoft ranges

IMG_20190328_191056.jpg

Yeah 4x seems a bit much for the scar, any longer ones like the one I linked in tan that look like yours? I'd like if it filled up most of the top rail, even just 2x, but (adjustable?) with a red dot. Until then iron sights.

On 14/06/2019 at 01:17, paradoxum said:

Yeah 4x seems a bit much for the scar, any longer ones like the one I linked in tan that look like yours? I'd like if it filled up most of the top rail, even just 2x, but (adjustable?) with a red dot. Until then iron sights.

I got this one for my SCAR H. Haven't seen it available in tan though

IMG_20190109_183035.jpg

Archived