TM NGRS & 6 mags

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: TM NGRS

Any accessories included: 6x mags

So Ive acquired a TM NGRS with 6 mags all with PTS magpuls in a swap which I don't need as its surplus to requirements, I don't have the pictures but will upload some tonight but I'm after a general ball park figure on this, I know its got a NGRS spectre in it, has some general wear and tear on the castle nut and it the barrel locking section of the hop unit has cracked off but after shooting it doesn't appear to have any affect on the overall function.

Without having pictures I think ball park £300 without shipping etc included does that sound fair or should I be lowering it based on the hop unit crack?

Pictures: 

Will come tonight when I get home from work as only had time to test it this morning

• Supporters

Easily £300... think you might be selling yourself short there. 

Put it up for £400 and make the interested party work for the £300 mark. I reckon you’ll easily manage £350.

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Easily £300... think you might be selling yourself short there. 

Put it up for £400 and make the interested party work for the £300 mark. I reckon you’ll easily manage £350.

2 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

6 mags and a spectre?  you can get £400+ for that easy, unless the externals are absolutely fucked. 

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Guys shut up, I'd have had that at £300! 😂

Well I'll post some pics and we'll see what you think from there I'd already numbered the mags thinking I'd keep it but needs must. It's wired to xt30s with three batteries which go in the stock quite nicely (the stocks been dremeled for the wire to go round which is pretty neat but not 100%) the rail supplied is stupidly tight and I can only fit one of the locking bolts through it. The pistol grip is a real BCM grip modded to fit recoil. You can see what I mean around the hop unit but that could be replaced pretty easily.

IMG_20190613_165056.jpg

IMG_20190613_165627.jpg

IMG_20190613_165627.jpg

IMG_20190613_165200__01.jpg

IMG_20190613_165115.jpg

IMG_20190613_165130.jpg

• Supporters

so long as it's mechanically sound you'll get £400+ for that, the battery mod isn't the cleanest I've ever seen but a replacement stock is cheap if someone's that bothered about it.  Same for the rail, whoever buys it will likely change it anyway. 

8 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

so long as it's mechanically sound you'll get £400+ for that, the battery mod isn't the cleanest I've ever seen but a replacement stock is cheap if someone's that bothered about it.  Same for the rail, whoever buys it will likely change it anyway. 

Cheers mate, I'm going to Chrono it at work on Sunday and go from there I guess.

• Supporters

Have you had it apart to look at hop unit/nozzle? That would be my first suggestion. 

After that, it probably needs a service. 

I would get it done yourself(will add to what it’s worth imo) or just sell it knocked down so they can get it serviced- you’ll lose more this way.

4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Have you had it apart to look at hop unit/nozzle? That would be my first suggestion. 

After that, it probably needs a service. 

I would get it done yourself(will add to what it’s worth imo) or just sell it knocked down so they can get it serviced- you’ll lose more this way.

Yeah I'm going to get it looked at before selling the thing... not particularly a happy bunny about it but oh well such is life.

• Supporters

We have all been there. I have said previously, I purchased a G&G L85 that wasn’t working correctly. Paid £50 for it, took it apart, the hop nub was missing, put a spare in, tested it, all good. Sold on for a hell of a lot more. 

Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. 

33 minutes ago, Prisce said:

We have all been there. I have said previously, I purchased a G&G L85 that wasn’t working correctly. Paid £50 for it, took it apart, the hop nub was missing, put a spare in, tested it, all good. Sold on for a hell of a lot more. 

Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. 

Thing is the platform as a whole is in pretty good nick but I'm a bit annoyed about it being advertised to me as in full working condition. I'm sure after a bit of TLC I can get it to the point where id be comfortable selling it for the price I would like, shouldn't take long as just ordered a new hop unit to replace the one currently on it which was cracked (I assume a heavy handed install for that) might put a new hop rubber and nub in and a few other bits and pieces.

6 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Cracked hop unit is likely the cause of your shit FPS.  I'd give the gearbox a once over anyway though, grease the piston seals etc.  

Yep on that as well, Got a spring new in pack sitting in the cupboard from when I had my old recoil so I'll likely whack that in as well if needs be.

Archived