Maruzen MP5K - Collectors Item?

PrometheusX
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys. Just got my hands on an ancient Maruzen MP5K in immaculate boxed condition. Has 2 extra boxed maruzen 50 round mags.

My friend tells me it is quite rare. Should i be using this in the field, or should i not use it and keep a collectors item?

Seems ashame to not use it. What are your thoughts.

20190612_123715.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its an under appreciated classic. Not massively valuable, I'd skirmish it but that's just me.

On 22/06/2019 at 23:49, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Use it.

I have one that I have modded to shoot 330fps. It's a great CQB weapon.

Cool. What did you do to mod it?

On 27/06/2019 at 10:44, PrometheusX said:

Cool. What did you do to mod it?

Stuck a 100m spring in which promptly stripped the gears, hence a new gear set.

A madbull 225mm barrel. The barrel sticks out so i put a suppressor on to hide it.

A new cylinder.

And before the days of small lipos, I modded it to take a 9.6v stick battery which in involved cutting off part of the cocking mechanism and a lot of dremelling the body to be able to fit the battery and be able to fit the rear sling section.

Took a lot of trial and error as it was my first project, but it taught me a lot about aegs and how they work. Most importantly, it looks really cool.

Apparently the Well MP5K is a copy of this in case you didn't know.  Might be a good source of mags?

34 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Apparently the Well MP5K is a copy of this in case you didn't know.  Might be a good source of mags?

Aye, the G55 mags are around £35 each.

Will have to pick up a spare.

The gun itself is only like £60 and if its a copy may be a way of getting spare parts just in case and you get a mag with it.  Just a thought

I had a couple of these over the years and they really dominate indoors. Less so when you’re taking shots beyond 20m. 

They’re getting rarer and if it wasn’t for the clone, mags and spares would have dried up. I went through a couple of bolt carriers when using GG. Ripped the front section right off. 

KFDfJ9G.jpg

So if GG is used the life will be dramatically shortened. Even using the GG mod (a couple of o-rings positioned on the recoil spring guide rod), it still won’t prolong it. 

Maruzen valves are quite weak on that gas too, mine needed regular maintenance to ensure a good gas seal. 

Its a fun gun to use but be aware that using fuel that’s hotter than 144a will cause problems down the line. 

The action is so awesome on gg, it really feels that it’s burning a candle from both ends. 

Wn64yCy.jpg

1 hour ago, Bada Bing said:

I had a couple of these over the years and they really dominate indoors. Less so when you’re taking shots beyond 20m. 

They’re getting rarer and if it wasn’t for the clone, mags and spares would have dried up. I went through a couple of bolt carriers when using GG. Ripped the front section right off. 

KFDfJ9G.jpg

So if GG is used the life will be dramatically shortened. Even using the GG mod (a couple of o-rings positioned on the recoil spring guide rod), it still won’t prolong it. 

Maruzen valves are quite weak on that gas too, mine needed regular maintenance to ensure a good gas seal. 

Its a fun gun to use but be aware that using fuel that’s hotter than 144a will cause problems down the line. 

The action is so awesome on gg, it really feels that it’s burning a candle from both ends. 

Wn64yCy.jpg

Awesome. I used it first time on saturday. It felt iike i had god mode on while running around. If i had been playing call of duty i would have been called a hacker. 

Its ashame green gas is too powerful for it. Ill do the oring mod just for a small placebo effect.

The guy i got it off replaced all the orings already. Any idea what the enhanced guarder nozzle would do?

Cheers for the info.

47 minutes ago, PrometheusX said:

Awesome. I used it first time on saturday. It felt iike i had god mode on while running around. If i had been playing call of duty i would have been called a hacker. 

Its ashame green gas is too powerful for it. Ill do the oring mod just for a small placebo effect.

The guy i got it off replaced all the orings already. Any idea what the enhanced guarder nozzle would do?

Cheers for the info.

Oh yes! God Mode is certainly right. I didn’t carry the MP5K into a room, I just followed it. 

I’ve never seen it’s like again. 

You got it. It’s just creating a cushioning effect that very slightly reduces stress. The smaller nozzle return spring can benefit from some small o rings if you’ve got them. I don’t have any photos of the specific gg mod itself, unfortunately. GG Info is long gone, as you know, so the original author and content of that post has been lost. 

The Guarder nozzle was just made from more durable materials if I recall. Replace if you like but you might not notice a difference. Same with the KM tightbore inner barrel, there wasn’t a difference from what I can remember. 

On 02/07/2019 at 16:20, Bada Bing said:

Oh yes! God Mode is certainly right. I didn’t carry the MP5K into a room, I just followed it. 

I’ve never seen it’s like again. 

You got it. It’s just creating a cushioning effect that very slightly reduces stress. The smaller nozzle return spring can benefit from some small o rings if you’ve got them. I don’t have any photos of the specific gg mod itself, unfortunately. GG Info is long gone, as you know, so the original author and content of that post has been lost. 

The Guarder nozzle was just made from more durable materials if I recall. Replace if you like but you might not notice a difference. Same with the KM tightbore inner barrel, there wasn’t a difference from what I can remember. 

I took it apart for first time today. Very easy breakdown.

I put an oring on each end of the recoil spring guide rod, so the spring pushed up against the orings instead of the metal retainer clips. Not sure if this is correct.

Secondly when i took apart the nozzle to get access to the nozzle return spring, i noticed the spring had gone through the little retaining clip on the nozzle, as though it had been worn out and no longer holds the spring in place all the time.

Ill need to find something...maybe a tiny oring to put on the spring rod and create a barrier between the retainer and spring so the spring cant go through it 

Its nice to find someone that knows about this gun. Will take some pics showing my modifications for some feedback.

Yes please. If you can take a photo of the part that you’re referring to. It’s been a while since I’ve owned one, and I’m kind of annoyed I didn’t take any detailed pics/videos.

I got fed up of its bolt carrier breaking and lack of spares, so I sold it as parts. 

I know what you mean. There aren’t many people nowadays with experience of older Airsoft guns.

On 03/07/2019 at 21:25, Bada Bing said:

Yes please. If you can take a photo of the part that you’re referring to. It’s been a while since I’ve owned one, and I’m kind of annoyed I didn’t take any detailed pics/videos.

I got fed up of its bolt carrier breaking and lack of spares, so I sold it as parts. 

I know what you mean. There aren’t many people nowadays with experience of older Airsoft guns.

Hopefully these pics bring back some memories hehe. Ok so the ones with the arrow is the recoil spring (i think haha) just wondering which side to put the orings. The pic with the circle is the nozzle return spring, you can see its gone through the little plastic "retainer"

65647659_2387889854828658_331831591355547648_n.jpg

66241352_441740833072257_8734239514551123968_n.jpg

65804068_2487985944579440_9209765674950328320_n.jpg

Edit - Ok so for the nozzle return spring, ive wrapped some PTFE tape around the last 2 rings of the spring to make the end thicker. This seems to have done the job of making it not able to pass through the retainer clip. It remains to be seen how durable the tape is and if it can withstand multiple uses hehe.

66609226_349881152366864_504929781385527296_n.jpg

@Bada Bing what is the clone like quality wise?  Was thinking of grabbing one.  Also, any opinions on the Well AK74 GBBR?

21 hours ago, PrometheusX said:

Hopefully these pics bring back some memories hehe. Ok so the ones with the arrow is the recoil spring (i think haha) just wondering which side to put the orings. The pic with the circle is the nozzle return spring, you can see its gone through the little plastic "retainer"

65647659_2387889854828658_331831591355547648_n.jpg

66241352_441740833072257_8734239514551123968_n.jpg

65804068_2487985944579440_9209765674950328320_n.jpg

Edit - Ok so for the nozzle return spring, ive wrapped some PTFE tape around the last 2 rings of the spring to make the end thicker. This seems to have done the job of making it not able to pass through the retainer clip. It remains to be seen how durable the tape is and if it can withstand multiple uses hehe.

66609226_349881152366864_504929781385527296_n.jpg

Ah yes. It’s coming back to me. I placed o rings between the spring and the c-clip. On the front portion where the recoil spring attaches to the plastic bolt housing, place the o ring in front of the plastic frame so it’s not slamming that c-clip directly against the plastic.

I can’t remember if I doubled up or not...I recall there being like a good half a centimetre of cushioning. 

Same thing on the rear. You don’t really have much room to place anything on the nozzle spring, but what you’ve done there looks okay. See how you get on with it. 

9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

@Bada Bing what is the clone like quality wise?  Was thinking of grabbing one.  Also, any opinions on the Well AK74 GBBR?

I only owned the original Maruzen versions, so I’m not sure if they are any more durable.

I’ve seen the WELL AK74’s, no first hand experience I’m afraid. I don’t really expect a whole lot from them to be honest. Judging by the feedback I’ve seen it’s seems pretty forgettable.

12 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

Ah yes. It’s coming back to me. I placed o rings between the spring and the c-clip. On the front portion where the recoil spring attaches to the plastic bolt housing, place the o ring in front of the plastic frame so it’s not slamming that c-clip directly against the plastic.

I can’t remember if I doubled up or not...I recall there being like a good half a centimetre of cushioning. 

Same thing on the rear. You don’t really have much room to place anything on the nozzle spring, but what you’ve done there looks okay. See how you get on with it. 

I only owned the original Maruzen versions, so I’m not sure if they are any more durable.

I’ve seen the WELL AK74’s, no first hand experience I’m afraid. I don’t really expect a whole lot from them to be honest. Judging by the feedback I’ve seen it’s seems pretty forgettable.

Great, ive put some smallish orings on there that are a little smaller than the C clips. I may add another one on both ends so there is a bit more squishy matarial between the working parts.

Ill monitor the PTFE bodge on the nozzle spring after each skirmish day to make sure its holding the spring from going through the guide clip.

Your help has been really appreciated!

You’re very welcome. I wish there was more info I could pass on but you are very limited with what you can do with it. 

I modified the stock plate to accept the TM K-PDW stock and used it as a backup, folding the stock over my PC cummerbund..lol. Such fun!

I’ve always wanted another gas MP5k, the WE Apache K is calling to me. Their gbb MP5’s are great. 

• 6 months later...
On 06/07/2019 at 16:43, Bada Bing said:

I modified the stock plate to accept the TM K-PDW stock and used it as a backup, folding the stock over my PC cummerbund..lol. Such fun!

I’ve always wanted another gas MP5k, the WE Apache K is calling to me. Their gbb MP5’s are great. 

Hey guys, I just bought the Well Mp5k (the clone) as I could not resist the offer (50 pounds brand new with long mag). It’s a hell of a gun for the price. I’m getting few mags soon. How did you manage to fit the PDW stock?

11 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Hey guys, I just bought the Well Mp5k (the clone) as I could not resist the offer (50 pounds brand new with long mag). It’s a hell of a gun for the price. I’m getting few mags soon. How did you manage to fit the PDW stock?

Where are you getting your mags from out of curiosity? I ordered a well one from china. It wasnt stacked right so only held 38 bbs. It also didnt feed right as the valve was crap. Had to replace tje whole thing. Plus it was leaking like a sieve and had to replace all the seals.

Ive fired an apache...it doesnt come anywhere near the maruzen mp5. Very underwhelming for such an expensive gun.

I have to say, the mp5k is a little murder machine. Its the gun that ive got most kills with. It just simply dominates in cqb.

Once made a kid drop his rental gun in fright, because the mp5k makes so much noise when fired in a confined space.

22 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Congrats on the new purchase!

Its quite easy to do. Just drill two holes for the PDW stock on the end plate and then screw it on. The hardest part was aligning the holes so the stock would be straight. 
I used a TM MP5K PDW stock on the Maruzen that I had. 

On 20/01/2020 at 11:13, PrometheusX said:

Where are you getting your mags from out of curiosity? I ordered a well one from china. It wasnt stacked right so only held 38 bbs. It also didnt feed right as the valve was crap. Had to replace tje whole thing. Plus it was leaking like a sieve and had to replace all the seals.

Ive fired an apache...it doesnt come anywhere near the maruzen mp5. Very underwhelming for such an expensive gun.

I have to say, the mp5k is a little murder machine. Its the gun that ive got most kills with. It just simply dominates in cqb.

Once made a kid drop his rental gun in fright, because the mp5k makes so much noise when fired in a confined space.

mags are on extereme airsoft store in US. I already got vfc mp5 gbb, shoots like a beast (after few months of work and $$$ of upgrades).

8 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

magd are on extereme airsoft store in US. I already got vfc mp5 gbb, shoots like a beast (after few months of work and $$$ of upgrades).

They shipped at a non insane cost?

Id love another working mag :(

Edit: just checked shipping, they want $80 for a $25 order haha.

Archived