Specna Arms Edge battery/ mag compatibility?

_neardark
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

im thinking about making one of these my first gun when I get my Ukara 

what batteries do people recommend to get with them?

also what mags run well? 

Guest Yukarin

They come with a Deans connector, so you'll want a battery with a Deans connector. Use Google images to see the difference between Deans and Mini-Tamiya (which is the standard connector).

You'll want a reasonably small 7.4v LiPo as even though they have crane stocks the mosfet inside takes up a fair amount of space. You'll want a nunchuck style battery that isn't long.

Don't cheap out on batteries or battery chargers. Avoid NUPROL shit like the plague (except gas and BBs) .

Definitely 7.4v LiPo with Deans connector, usual good sources are either Component Shop or Hobby King - depending on how long you're prepared to wait.

Both do good quality LiPo chargers too - do NOT cheap out on the charger.

These are good and great price. (One lasts whole day for me)

Deans ready...

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kong-power-74v-1300mah-20c-lipo-rechargeable-battery-stick-packdeans-2-packs

Just to reiterate... Get a decent charger.

The batteries are only as good as the charger.

16 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

They come with a Deans connector, so you'll want a battery with a Deans connector. Use Google images to see the difference between Deans and Mini-Tamiya (which is the standard connector).

You'll want a reasonably small 7.4v LiPo as even though they have crane stocks the mosfet inside takes up a fair amount of space. You'll want a nunchuck style battery that isn't long.

Don't cheap out on batteries or battery chargers. Avoid NUPROL shit like the plague (except gas and BBs) .

I run 2 x 1100 11.1 NUPROL LI-PO's never had an issue in about 18 months. Both complete charging cycles like champs. 

Also used to run a NUPROL Delta Bravo and never had an issue either.. 

Guest Yukarin
20 minutes ago, WobblySausage_ said:

I run 2 x 1100 11.1 NUPROL LI-PO's never had an issue in about 18 months. Both complete charging cycles like champs. 

Sure it could run a 11.1v, especially with the MOSFET, I was just thinking that 7.4v is more beginner friendly and doesn't stress the internals as much.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, WobblySausage_ said:

Big problem with NUPROL is product quality+consistency , they source nearly all the kit they sell from the cheapest manufacturers they can find and then just re-brand it so you could buy the ‘same’ battery on two separate occasions and they’ll look the same and have all the same details in the advert but there’s a VERY good chance they’ve been made by two totally different manufacturers so there’s no guarantee of quality and THAT’s the reason everyone with an ounce of sense says avoid them like the plague. 😡

• 3 weeks later...

Archived