Quick Change Spring change voids warranty?

MagpieTactical
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, WAS in the process of purchasing a new rif, and other things with a basket total of over £500. 

When I enquired about the FPS (as is normal its listed differently everywhere I look) and if it was correct or would need a spring change to be 370, I was told changing the spring would void the warranty immediately.  That's on a gun with a quick change spring system.

Anyone encountered this before?  Its put me off purchasing from them faster than a voided warranty, as A. They didnt answer the FPS question anyway,  and B. If it's not true then how useless would they be if I did have an issue?

• Supporters

Avoid the retailer like the plague. Not someone I’d want to do business with.

Any reputable retailer will offer to change that spring, and if you talk nicely to them may offer to do the warranty themselves.

• Supporters

Sounds ridiculous, & if they've responded as they have, without considering how amateur it makes them sound, especially as I'm guessing your wanting to lower the power to site limits, I'd seriously consider finding a different retailer, one that won't screw you over ?.

Out of interest who was the retailer ?, might stop other members falling in to the same trap/loophole.

Yep. Not wanting to buy a gun that might be over the legal limit, and then void the warranty (apparently) by changing a quick change spring to bring it to or around 370.

Incidentally it's a KWA Ronin tk45c I was looking at from BZ Tactical.

6 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Avoid the retailer like the plague. Not someone I’d want to do business with.

Any reputable retailer will offer to change that spring, and if you talk nicely to them may offer to do the warranty themselves.

I am more confused as to why changing a quick change spring would void a warranty.  It's designed to be changed easily.

• Supporters

If they're fobbing you off before they've even got the sale, imagine what they'll be like after your money is in their account.

Mind you, I assume that all airsoft toys comes with no more than a DOA-warranty.  This is not an industry built on customer loyalty and good reputations.

I know the warranties are generally as much use as tits on fish, but yeah, they dont seem overly interested in helping.

Must be doing ok as they dont seem to need my money.  Last response I got still didnt clarify what they believe the FPS to be, just that they dont know. 

• Supporters

Would tell them bollocks changing the spring on quick change does not void the warranty. 

Some airsoft shops really like try it on as if airsoft has it's own set of consumer laws, it doesn't.

The gun is designed for that purpose so you are just using it as specified.

Archived