Possible SW-02A upgrades?

DabbinBarney
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking of buying an SW-02A because I've always wanted a Barret 50 cal and this one is very reasonably priced for a full metal replica. Only problem is that after some research I've found out this gun also has abysmal accuracy, so does anyone have any ideas for how i can increase its accuracy on a budget?

• Supporters

Unless you don't plan to move with it, you probably shouldn't buy one.

A teammate of mine got one and then got rid of it after one game and he is a very big, muscular bloke.

On 09/06/2019 at 12:17, DabbinBarney said:

I'm thinking of buying an SW-02A because I've always wanted a Barret 50 cal and this one is very reasonably priced for a full metal replica. Only problem is that after some research I've found out this gun also has abysmal accuracy, so does anyone have any ideas for how i can increase its accuracy on a budget?

Good accuracy upgrades i know about is S-hop and flat hop

S-hop is using sugru to patch up the hop up window on the barrel and flat hopping a bucking is sanding off the nub on The bucking. This will improve range, accuracy and groupings. 

Another accuracy upgrade I heard about which is more complicated but still fairly simple although I’m not sure how effective it really is. 

You drill a hole into the outer barrel (not inner barrel!) few inches down from the tip of it. Tap a thread into it and screw a set screw in it, so the set screw is tightened through the outer barrel and touching the inner barrel. Supposedly this will prevent inner barrel movement and lower, vibrations which will improve accuracy. Like I said though not sure how effective it is. 

But the S-hop and flat hop has proven to be super effective 

also s-hop and flat hop is fairly cheap. It’s better with a dermal which can be quite pricey unless you get a cheap one but sand paper will also work but longer and harder. 

All you need need for s-hop is sugru, 6mm Teflon tubing and that’s it! 

For flat hop you’ll need: dremal or sand paper, a bucking and that’s it! Unless you want a new hop up system prowin is good they are about £20-22

Archived