Studying abroad

Cody How
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a 15 years old kid from Hong Kong and I've played airsoft for four years. I will be studying abroad to UK next year and I would like to bring three of my guns (RIF) along with me, what should I do?

Hi

I don't know if you will find it easy to bring into the UK with a UKARA defence 

Not what you want to hear, I would leave them at home or sell them

Use the site rentals until>>>>

Once you have played 3 times within a timescale (duration escapes me) you will then get a UKARA number which will allow you to buy RIF's if you are here for long enough to justify buying

My Wife and I are heading to HK for our 6th visit in August , I am hoping to pick some gear up when visiting 👍

27 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Hi

Once you have played 3 times within a timescale (duration escapes me) you will then get a UKARA number which will allow you to buy RIF's if you are here for long enough to justify buying

My Wife and I are heading to HK for our 6th visit in August , I am hoping to pick some gear up when visiting 👍

Hong Kong is a great place for gears! Things here is cheaper, thanks for your advice. 😁👍

57 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Hi

Cody won’t be able to complete UKARA registration next year as they are currently 15 

However if they play with a parent etc (assuming they come together) then the adult could obtain UKARA membership and then purchase in the UK (as a gift) or import the existing RIFs

The original question about importing is a separate matter.  Cody is already an airsofter and intends to play airsoft with their existing RIFs.  (UKARA is not a legal requirement but is a recognised scheme) 

Being an airsofter and importing for the purpose of playing airsoft skirmishing at insured sites would meet the legal criteria, but would need to justify that to customs on arrival. 

Some other posters have asked about importing when they travel to the U.K., advice is to contact Border Force etc to clarify 

Archived