Best affordable M4

Jelliffe99
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Posted this on another forum, forgetting this one was far better! 

Hi all,

Stopped airsofting a few years back and have just decided to go to a few games this summer. I’m looking for the best affordable M4 on the market. When I was playing several years ago the go to was always the G&G combat machine. Has this stayed the same or is their a new winner in this category?

Thanks

This is still the case generally. Though there are some close rivals now. Check out OnlyAirsoft. They are selling ASG CAA M4 for just £75 on sale. Pretty reliable by all accounts. 

I'll second the Specna Arms range.  Got an SA-E03 for £129 on sale. Very well built and shoots well.

If you don't mind a polymer body then there are cheaper options which are OK.  I have a CYMA which still works well.

Have to agree on the Specna arms "Edge" for what you get for your money they look to be freekin excellent,mosfet,2 mags,all metal and revised gearbox I was looking at getting an M4A1 by these but ended up with a barley used G&G version 👍

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Got two that I run now.

A 'Core' series (SA-C05 - top) - the backup (or 'bad back day' gun)

And an 'A' series (SA-B12 - bottom) - my main rifle.

WD3ETlZ.jpg

Really like them. The plastic body on the core doesn't feel quite as tough as the G&G combat machine bodies do, but they come with a metal rail which is a bonus. The combat machine plastic rails don't feel nice.

I've swapped the springs and hop up rubbers on both to Guarder SP100 springs and Prometheus purple rubbers.

The B12 has a few more bits and pieces internally, a Prometheus barrel and a ProWin hop up unit, but the Core does just fine without these extras.

7 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Got two that I run now.

A 'Core' series (SA-C05 - top) - the backup (or 'bad back day' gun)

And an 'A' series (SA-B12 - bottom) - my main rifle.

WD3ETlZ.jpg

Really like them. The plastic body on the core doesn't feel quite as tough as the G&G combat machine bodies do, but they come with a metal rail which is a bonus. The combat machine plastic rails don't feel nice.

I've swapped the springs and hop up rubbers on both to Guarder SP100 springs and Prometheus purple rubbers.

The B12 has a few more bits and pieces internally, a Prometheus barrel and a ProWin hop up unit, but the Core does just fine without these extras.

What is the core shooting at with the guarder 100?  I am contemplating an edge and getting it up to around 360, so looking for a rough guide. Was thinking an m110 probably

Thanks for that. You are pretty happy with your Specnas, the Core looks smart as well.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

@L3wisD how are you finding the Prowin with the B12?  I spent a whole day trying to get a rotary to work with an E&C gearbox and gave up. 

To be honest, I hear that a lot on the Specna owners Facebook group.

Someone comes in, asking for hop up recommendations, so I say I've had great results with my prowin and then several people leap at me saying how the prowin sucks in the E&C shells and they don't fit.

I have to admit, the unit is a very tight fit... whenever I remove or reinstall the barrel group it takes a bit of Glasgow Lube (swearing) to get it to go in.

I do have the return spring left off as well, but I still get a great air-seal from it, marshals at chrono comment on how consistent it is, so that's something.

And I've not had any issues with it not feeding certain mags either, it's a bit like me - It'll eat anything!

Some folks on the facebook owners group say they sand down the sides of the prowin style units, but I think that's a step too far - just accept defeat and try a different unit at that point I'd say :)

58 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Some folks on the facebook owners group say they sand down the sides of the prowin style units, but I think that's a step too far - just accept defeat and try a different unit at that point I'd say :)

Surely sanding it down wont be consistent either side and could make it be lop sided and affect the line up?

On 07/06/2019 at 14:35, Jelliffe99 said:

Posted this on another forum, forgetting this one was far better! 

Hi all,

Stopped airsofting a few years back and have just decided to go to a few games this summer. I’m looking for the best affordable M4 on the market. When I was playing several years ago the go to was always the G&G combat machine. Has this stayed the same or is their a new winner in this category?

Thanks

While I went down the route of TM (probs not within your price range) my friend bought a Nurpol M4 (Delta Recon?). Anyway, his Nuprol is really good, hasnt put a foot wrong and is nearly as good as my TM range/accuracy wise. For the sum of £180-250 (depending on what type you get) I think its a really good RIF to have full stop. 

-Sharpe

Archived