Lasers?

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of getting a laser for my SCAR and just wanted some opinions on whether its worth it and if so any recommendations. I'd not really seen the need for one until now, but the other week a friend who I've taken to a few games recently said a player on the other team had a green laser and when ever it was pointed in his direction it definitely had an effect on how he played, basically it made him keep his head down a lot more. Anyone that uses one find it has this advantage, can keep heads down with out even needing to use supressing fire and run through your ammo? 

• Supporters

lasers are great*, you should definitely go for it.

*lasers are great for helping me spot whoever's using one, it's like when someone brings a suppressor tracer unit to a night game.

Any recommendations? Looking at G&G GLT1, but hard to find any reviews for it.

• Moderators

as above, i know where i play, i believe they are not allowed incase you shine it down some ones scope etc....tbh they should be used with common sense but as we know there are some people out there that forget to pack it!

I have a FMA PEQ15 with green laser and have only used it in night games or when lots of smoke in buildings.....so very rare these days.....find it drains the battery quicker than i expected....

• Supporters

Shouldn’t use green lasers only red , red will trigger the involuntary blink reflex if it hits the players eyes green won’t , so if you’ve got an overly powerful green one you could do some serious damage to the targets eyes .

was thread about it a while ago , had all the technical gumph behind the do’s and don’t of lasers . 

• Supporters

Whatever you get, please be sure to look directly into it for a good ten seconds before you consider volunteering anyone else to try that experiment.

Red are allowed at my local green are not for the same reason above. No reflex blink and no idea of true power as most have cheap nock offs. 

• Supporters

Green absolutely does trigger the blink reflex, IR Lasers do not.  

However, it doesnt really matter as green lasers can be so high power it doesn't matter if you blink or not, they can cause damage very quickly.  Especially since anything from China could be any power at all! 

Archived