G&G SR cqb getting toasty warm

alex90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so after having too many issues with my home built m4 decided to suck it up and buy a gun in the mean time 

I opened up with gearbox to change the trigger for a adjustable one I had lying about but noticed the shimming was shocking the gears

far to much movement for my liking so being an maintenance engineer I couldn't stand for that and striped the box apart and re-shimmed 

and all seamed nice and smooth and a very tiny amount up movement happy days assemble the box back and fit back in the gun after testing with a 7.4 lipo the ETU throws a wobble fine ordered some 11.1 20C battery's and tested with them seems happy sounds nice and smooth but then noticed the grip getting warm and then when removing the battery it seemed very warm to hold I feel like this is not normal for a lipo

can this be an ETU problem causing to much resistance it hasn't blown a fuse yet either

anyone have any suggestions on wear to look ?

11 minutes ago, alex90 said:

Roughly 200/250 shots and it's was warm on the grip and battery 

In semi auto? Seems pretty normal from my experience 

yeah far bit was semi but with a few good blasts of auto the grip getting warm doesn't worry me its the lipo it self getting warm that worry's me

Mine are usually warm when I change them out after a game. As long as they’re not getting hot and aren’t puffing up they should be fine. 

Archived