Paint job opinion. tan vs bare metal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I got a we 1911 in a trade and the paint was bubbled and scratched so I decided to strip and re paint it. since the barrel was gold I was thinking of doing a tan/ bronze scar like paintjob. Now ive stripped it however I quite like how the bare metal looks. Should I leave it as is paint it tan and bronze or do something else?DSCF3886.thumb.JPG.e6b131977b818cf752698af24ec1c5e4.JPGDSCF3888.thumb.JPG.871b2f0dfd9329b981aab03043f31eea.JPG

Shiny silver for sure. If you can afford some stainless/shiny outer barrel, then it would even better. But, I don't think it's really worth it on a WE 1911. Wood grips would also compliment the shiny look too.

• Supporters

Does look rather nice with the bare metal (done a good job mate )

As to a painted finish , Would think it’ll depend on how good you are with the rattle cans ? If your good will probably look very tasty in a bronzed colour , if not ?

Will more than likely look like you dip coated it in a bucket of poop ?

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Does look rather nice with the bare metal (done a good job mate )

As to a painted finish , Would think it’ll depend on how good you are with the rattle cans ? If your good will probably look very tasty in a bronzed colour , if not ?

Will more than likely look like you dip coated it in a bucket of poop ?

Done a ton of spraypainting and Id most likely be using an airbrush and matte enamel paints. 

• Supporters

I think it looks great as is! 

Archived