Is Anyone Moderating This Site?

Spuggy1uk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin
13 hours ago, Spuggy1uk said:

Are there actually any moderators looking after this site?

In the 'Forum Rules' it clearly states:

Breaking the following rules will result in an immediate IP ban, deletion of account and removal of all posts and topics.

• Absolutely NO
Foul or obscene language

However, not only is this rule constantly ignored in threads, we now have some 'clown' thinking it's acceptable to use profanity in todays thread title...

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/46113-trim-that-fucking-beard/?tab=comments#comment-363991

I'm a veteran and now work in the civil service in one of its more 'demanding' roles. I confess that I use this language almost constantly when at work.

I'm hoping to get my son into airsoft but why should he, and other youngsters coming into the sport, be subjected to this obscene language in a popular forum like this?

Come on mods, do something before the clique of 'bigger boys' with their colourful vocabulary ruin it for those of us able to express ourselves with words containing over four letters!

That shouldn't be there. I will amend it now. Sorry.

Bad language is allowed. If you get racist or homophobic you'll get a ban pretty much immediately.

Took my 12 yr old son to our first skirmish last weekend. As we were walking to briefing I told him he would most likely hear some colourful language, and we did. I believe cockwomble is his new favourite, but he'll exercise his own judgement on when to use it, he knows his parents expectations on general behaviour and it's down to him follow them or take the consequences.

Mind you, stood in the queue for the cinema we heard far more disgusting language from feral teens  messing about in the lobby, it's just how it is these days.

• Supporters

If a kid is well brought up then they will know profanity is still relatively frowned upon in general society so one would hope there able to move past any with out being ‘offended’ or ‘upset’ ? If not ?

Then f**k me sideways and call me a right w***er but what have the f***king parents been doing for the past 12 p**sing years ! ? Useless t**ts who ever that they be ! 😉

• Moderators

as a parent of a 10 and 7 yr old, ive no issue with swearing on here, ok, it can seem like its out of hand but its a message board and you cannot see the emotion/reaction in the flesh,  a child can easily google or youtube and hear worse! :lol:

There are various words used in films, Transformers, Avengers etc. for instance,  which you wouldn't want children using,. My son hears theses, looks at me with a smirk as he knows they are not appropriate but knows not to use them. He plays football and comes up to me and the other coach as do his team mates and tells us what others kids have been saying on the pitch, but no child is innocent
He walked through Bookers along the sweet aisle, there was a brand call 'Tuck Shop', and yes at the age of 6 i think he was, he went Buck, Duck Fu*k....then he was told not to use that word, he was upset as he didnt know.....

In primary school early years they are not allowed to use the word 'stupid' yet its always used in Peppa bloody Pig!!! :lol:

but its educating them, like most things in life, and tbh some parents are blind to it, probably because they were not ........

On 06/06/2019 at 09:44, Stevo4345 said:

Took my 12 yr old son to our first skirmish last weekend. As we were walking to briefing I told him he would most likely hear some colourful language, and we did. I believe cockwomble is his new favourite, but he'll exercise his own judgement on when to use it, he knows his parents expectations on general behaviour and it's down to him follow them or take the consequences.

Mind you, stood in the queue for the cinema we heard far more disgusting language from feral teens  messing about in the lobby, it's just how it is these days.

Same when i take mine to the football, you cant keep them wrapped up in cotton wool all their life....

tbh when im driving and some tw%t cuts me up....well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived