Newbie in Berkshire - with a skirmish site question

Sean84
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi!

Im Sean, new to the whole airsoft thing... Will most likely have many questions over the next few days/weeks so help would be much appreciated!

Ive read a few of the "beginner guidelines" on here and elsewhere online, and being me, i went against them and prematurely ordered myself a pistol lol. Ive been paintballing a few times and loved it, but now want to try airsoft. I am looking at a site fairly local to me and they rent out G36's so my plan is to attend there and take my pistol along as a secondary weapon 🙂

Anyway... my first question is, does anyone attend the skirmish site in High Wycombe? I could use some advice on the site and their bookings as the website isnt too clear and just want some help from someone who has been there or go there often.

Thanks for the help!

Been there many times, if you’re wanting a rental package it’s probably easiest to call and book. You’ll know for sure that way. 

@snuff May be able to help more. 

I spoke to someone there today but he wasnt too helpful if im honest. He said that game days are on the 1st saturday and 3rd sunday each month, but when looking at booking online, theres more dates than that? There are also 2 websites for the site and they both give conflicting info on game dates, prices, length of play time (half day or full day) etc. 
I want to be able to book for a small amount of people for a visit soon (within the next month), and once i get into it properly, i want to take it up as a hobby, meaning id like to do it more often (possibly alone, joining other random people/groups) and without booking well in advance. Im not sure if this is just this site, and others might be more accommodating?....

Ok thanks.

Ok so what defines as my own kit? Do i need everything they would supply but of my own? or does that just mean the gun? 

When you say just turn up, do you mean on any day they are open for airsoft? 
If you visit this part of the site, it contradicts what i was told on the phone about the odd few days that i can visit... It says i can visit every weekend (which would be perfect!) http://skirmishwycombeairsoft.com/game-dates/

Not sure why you got that response,did you get a name?The site is very accommodating and is under construction/rebuild but that doesn't stop play.The site is fairly small but the terrain is varied and interesting.Well worth a visit and it's going to get better and better.The people that turn up are friendly and easy to talk too,give it a go,ask for advice and/or help if you need it you may be suprised.Many "newbies" are standoffish but we all started there.The food is always great btw...

I always use this one--->http://www.skirmishwycombeairsoft.com/

14 minutes ago, E21A said:

http://www.skirmishwycombe.com/

thats the correct website for them. 

Not sure about that one..Archery?Jesus airsofters with arrows..what next.....look at the latest news update 2016??

They supply gun,mask,coveralls and bb's.Anything else is up to you..I think a few of us may be there on the 16th

no i didnt get a name unfortunately. 

Im just so confused at what getting on the site entails. Im unsure about dates that i can visit, how long games are on for, and whether i can just turn up to them or not.... Id like to visit this site as its probably my closest one, but im also going to have to look around at some others and see if they are any clearer... lol

7 minutes ago, Sean84 said:

Ok thanks.

Ok so what defines as my own kit? Do i need everything they would supply but of my own? or does that just mean the gun? 

Gun and eye protection, everything else is optional. 

When you say just turn up, do you mean on any day they are open for airsoft? 

Well you could turn up any day, won’t be much happening though 😂 Probably best to go on a skirmish day. 

If you visit this part of the site, it contradicts what i was told on the phone about the odd few days that i can visit... It says i can visit every weekend (which would be perfect!) http://skirmishwycombeairsoft.com/game-dates/

Look on Facebook, kept more up to date. 

2 minutes ago, E21A said:

Gun and eye protection, everything else is optional. 

Sweet - no problem

Well you could turn up any day, won’t be much happening though 😂 Probably best to go on a skirmish day. 

Haha no i meant on a skirmish day, can i literally just turn up? Do they ever reach max capacity of a game and id be turned away if not booked?

Look on Facebook, kept more up to date. 

Ok will do 🙂

2 hours ago, Sean84 said:

no i didnt get a name unfortunately. 

Im just so confused at what getting on the site entails. Im unsure about dates that i can visit, how long games are on for, and whether i can just turn up to them or not.... Id like to visit this site as its probably my closest one, but im also going to have to look around at some others and see if they are any clearer... lol

Everything you need to know is on the website..

But use the 16th as an example..

1-phone up and book in.

2-on the day turn up between 8.30 and 9.00.

3-report to the check-in desk and voila...

4-it is that simple,and

5- enjoy your day.

Games vary from 30-60 mins,you need to book..any question prior to that just ask..

2 minutes ago, snuff said:

Everything you need to know is on the website..

But use the 16th as an example..

1-phone up and book in.

2-on the day turn up between 8.30 and 9.00.

3-report to the check-in desk and voila...

4-it is that simple,and

5- enjoy your day.

Games vary from 30-60 mins,you need to book..any question prior to that just ask..

Thanks mate! I managed to get hold of them via FB messenger and he pretty much answered all i wasnt sure on. Seems a good deal for a whole days play! Im just rounding up the troops, buying some gear and then im booking in! Cant wait! Gopro at the ready too 😉

Archived